How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Gary

Moved to Los Angeles......

I moved to Thailand in 1991 for work. When the Thai economy crashed around 1996, I had a job offer in Southern California. Having been born and raised in Ohio farm country, I was looking forward to living in sunny California. The first shock I got was the cost of rent. I rented a shoe box sized apartment for $1,250 a month. The very first day while washing my clothes in the apartment laundromat I met a very attractive lady. She seemed friendly and we started talking. When I told her that I had come from Thailand, she immediately became very cool. The conversation went from friendly to antagonistic. As it ended up, I told her that I could easily see why she was divorced. I told her that Thai ladies enjoyed being female unlike California radical feminists. She never talked to me after that first meet. As it turned out, I would have gladly traded California for miserable Ohio. If I had not been earning a very good wage, I would have gone nearly anywhere else. That was the longest five years of my life. I was finally able to retire and the happiest day of my life was when I was sitting in the big bird on the LAX runway headed back to Thailand. I have no desire to ever go back to the US.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Gary said:

When I told her that I had come from Thailand, she immediately became very cool. 

She might have thought you were a sex tourist or similar.  Thailand has a bad rap/image problem.  I Love Pattaya !!!!

5 minutes ago, how24111 said:

She might have thought you were a sex tourist or similar.  Thailand has a bad rap/image problem.  I Love Pattaya !!!!

I'm sure that from the smile on my face when I told her that I loved Thailand, she immediately pegged me as a sex tourist. After talking to her I missed Thailand even more. I'm sure there are some decent ladies in Southern California but the ones near my age all had a hell of a lot of baggage and I never was attracted to any of them. I was happy to find a Thai run bar with Thai ladies but it was quickly shut down by the police.

10 hours ago, Gary said:

I'm sure that from the smile on my face when I told her that I loved Thailand, she immediately pegged me as a sex tourist. After talking to her I missed Thailand even more. I'm sure there are some decent ladies in Southern California but the ones near my age all had a hell of a lot of baggage and I never was attracted to any of them. I was happy to find a Thai run bar with Thai ladies but it was quickly shut down by the police.

Maybe she caught her ex fucking a thai lady. Either way..... fook her and any others with the same attitude.

On 2/13/2019 at 6:08 AM, Gary said:

I was finally able to retire and the happiest day of my life was when I was sitting in the big bird on the LAX runway headed back to Thailand. I have no desire to ever go back to the US.

Just out of curiosity, where in Thailand are you living? 

57 minutes ago, rajs123 said:

Just out of curiosity, where in Thailand are you living? 

I live in a scenic area of Loei province. I still have a condo in Jomtien and once in a while make the trip down mainly to visit old friends and for a bit of Pattaya nightlife.

Sign in to follow this