What Is Rising In Pattaya

forcebwithu

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

So is the overall opinion that Pattaya too has fallen victim to over building at this point? 

Hasn't that been the case for several years - certainly since the Ruble plunged in value and the Ruskies stopped buying? 

• Like 2

On 1/20/2020 at 6:10 AM, forcebwithu said:

I noticed too they had stocked the market, but also thought it's going to bloody hot in there with only the front side open for ventilation. As it happens, I snapped a pic of the new structure on my bike ride this morning. Looks like another first class, Thai quality concrete pad.

The base down and construction underway on the next block.

nirun side 2.jpg

I thought I spied some work ongoing at the second roundabout folly in TreeTown a couple of days ago so checked it out when I had more time today.  I don't think they're working on it, just using it to store and cut metal for the two story structures going up behind.

treetown folly.jpg

treetown building.jpg

And what might be old news to some, but was new to me, the 99 baht pizzas at the other end of TreeTown are now 129 baht.

pizza treetown.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The building on 3rd Road near Klang is still going up - must be around 15 stories now and still increasing.  There are numbers on each floor up to about 10 or so, but I'd passed them before counting.  This view from 3rd Road and nothing on this end, not even a fire escape.

hotel 01.jpg

Second pic from the north side.  Not sure why the bottom 3 or 4 floors don't have balconies.  Maybe they've learned from other places not to put a car park underground.

hotel 02.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KWA said:

The building on 3rd Road near Klang is still going up - must be around 15 stories now and still increasing.  There are numbers on each floor up to about 10 or so, but I'd passed them before counting.  This view from 3rd Road and nothing on this end, not even a fire escape.

hotel 01.jpg

Second pic from the north side.  Not sure why the bottom 3 or 4 floors don't have balconies.  Maybe they've learned from other places not to put a car park underground.

hotel 02.jpg

From across the rd a few afternoons ago.........

IMG_20200331_170425_resized_20200331_073826667.jpg

30 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Something big  starting to going up at the Soi Buakhao end of Soi 15....

003.JPG

A farang I know with a business in the area (ex hotelier) says it is going to be another high end hotel, 8 floors. This was confirmed by the cute coffee lady who rarely wears a bra....

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Opposite Central on Sai 2................

016.JPG

https://www.somerset.com/en/thailand/pattaya/somerset-blue-coast-pattaya.html

Ascott’s fourth property in Pattaya, Somerset Blue Coast Pattaya, enjoys a convenient location right across Central Festival Pattaya, one of the biggest malls in town. It is surrounded by restaurants and within walking distance to the beach and buzzing entertainment area. It can tap on demand for accommodation generated by MICE activities from Thailand’s Eastern Economic Corridor. The property offers 324 units, ranging from studios to two-bedroom apartments. Function rooms can cater to corporate travellers seeking venues for meetings and events. Meanwhile, family travellers will appreciate facilities such as the swimming pool, children’s playroom and gymnasium. This is the fifth property that Ascott will be managing on behalf of Ananda Development, one of Thailand’s top listed developers, under a strategic alliance.

• Great Info 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

Something new is going up on the empty land next to Soi Excite. Maybe a clone of Tree Town?

Walked past here a couple of days ago and saw this.  Your first photo with the blue water pipes we decided were too far apart for toilets so decided they were going to be for individual units,  no doubt selling something.

I thought the construction in the other two photos was the start of a stage assembly, my mate thought it was going to be a grandstand.

Probably both 100% wrong but let's see how it progresses.

6 minutes ago, KWA said:

Walked past here a couple of days ago and saw this.  Your first photo with the blue water pipes we decided were too far apart for toilets so decided they were going to be for individual units,  no doubt selling something.

I thought the construction in the other two photos was the start of a stage assembly, my mate thought it was going to be a grandstand.

Probably both 100% wrong but let's see how it progresses.

My thinking was they had the temporary shelter sitting unused in storage someplace and someone had the good sense to bring it out and use it to provide a large, shaded workplace.

• Like 1

Something going up behind Maxx Central.  They raised the land with truckloads of earth a few months ago, and I thought it had to be left to settle for quite a while after that, but obviously not as something's going up.  Holes around the outer edge make me think it's not going to be a house.  The workers' bothy and shitter went in yesterday, and I have the feeling the shitter contents will remain underground even after the work is completed.

new build 02.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1