Retirement Extension using 65K income - Has anyone actually got one using the new criteria ?

2 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Are non O-A visa's  issued as multi-entry (12 months) or single- entry (90days) the same as non B visa's ?

o  is same as b, can be single or multiple entry, you just pay the extra.

the 65k is supposed to be in force now.  i will follow up on that tho

22 hours ago, tommy dee said:

o  is same as b, can be single or multiple entry, you just pay the extra.

the 65k is supposed to be in force now.  i will follow up on that tho

I would be very interested in what you are told.

As I and I am sure many others will be.

JDM

On 3/26/2019 at 11:34 AM, tommy dee said:

international spouse trade in program.. you know it makes sense

Maybe enter in Collingbourne's weekly auctions?

"Lot 88

Fine specimen of 32 summers, 5"4" with black hair

Sprogged twice

Good cook

No major defects

To be sold as seen

Caveat emptor.

Do I hear 25,000 baht?"

Only joking teerak! 🤣

• 2 months later...

Is the requirement whereby your monthly 65K transfer has to be evidenced by your Thai bank as come from overseas actually being enforced ? When i did my extension in Jan of this year using an embassy letter for the last time the IO stated that next year i would need evidence from my Thai bank account but no mention of the fact that the money had come from overseas.

Anyone have any up to date experience/knowledge ?

Retirement Ext - Monthly 65K.PNG

42 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Is the requirement whereby your monthly 65K transfer has to be evidenced by your Thai bank as come from overseas actually being enforced ? When i did my extension in Jan of this year using an embassy letter for the last time the IO stated that next year i would need evidence from my Thai bank account but no mention of the fact that the money had come from overseas.

Anyone have any up to date experience/knowledge ?

There is a bit of waffling about it on Thaivisa.... not taken much notice of the posts though.

the 65k is classed as "income" isn't it ..... if yes then you wont be earning it in  Thailand on a retirement extension !!

Edited by Sir_Fondles

40 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

There is a bit of waffling about it on Thaivisa.... not taken much notice of the posts though.

the 65k is classed as "income" isn't it ..... if yes then you wont be earning it in  Thailand on a retirement extension !!

Granted lol but you notice the Police order mentions that the "money transfer from overseas". Transferwise transfers are not shown as coming from overseas, well mine are'nt going into SCB.

I wondered what IO are doing with the requirement in reality and whether anyone has any recent experience. I had a lookie at Thaivisa and could'nt find anything concrete on the subject.

31 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Granted lol but you notice the Police order mentions that the "money transfer from overseas". Transferwise transfers are not shown as coming from overseas, well mine are'nt going into SCB.

I wondered what IO are doing with the requirement in reality and whether anyone has any recent experience. I had a lookie at Thaivisa and could'nt find anything concrete on the subject.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1102567-question-about-paying-myself-via-transferwise/#comments

Edited by Sir_Fondles
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Thanks for that SF, i've read the thread a couple of times and i don't believe it confirms either way. The police order clearly states that funds must come from overseas which in my case they do, the trouble i may have is proving it as my bank SCB only shows the transfer as coming from within Thailand (Bangkok bank to SCB)

Now what will really cloud this issue is IO's will interpret as they see fit, some will insist on proof others will not. I think i'll clarify with my IO at my next 90 report, they made no mention of this issue when i did my last retirement extension but things can change ehh lol

This will be the last month for renewing retirement visa extensions supported with a UK Embassy letter.

Until the first renewals are submitted in July by UK expats it remains to be seen what they actually decide they require in future for renewals going the income route.

The first of July is a Monday. A very bad first day if the Immigration guy is suffering with a weekend hangover! :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2019 at 7:44 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Bump, any update info guys of recent personal experiences/knowledge.

Surely somebody in this forum has some accurate knowledge of an expat renewing using the 65K income route post 1st July?

I am still recovering from the problems I encountered with 800K in the bank.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

Surely somebody in this forum has some accurate knowledge of an expat renewing using the 65K income route post 1st July?

I am still recovering from the problems I encountered with 800K in the bank.

Your topic was an interesting read Jambo despite the trauma it caused you TFP and i obviously echo your sentiments for some up to date experiences. 

• 3 months later...

Guys, here is a REAL TIME  account of obtaining a retirement visa yearly extension

On Wednesday  I went to my bank K bank in the avenue and asked for a printout of my account for the last 14 months ( my visa is from Dec 5th to Dec 5th )

so I would qualify regarding the 12 months 65k + transfer from outside Thailand ( HSBC UK ).

The lady did this and also made a letter stating the 14 transfers and the amount for each and the total amount deposited from overseas.

All transfers were above 65k.

I also obtained a letter stating there was over 800k in a second account I have there ( as a back up in case  the monthly transfer method was rejected ).

Both letters cost 200tb  each no charge for the 14 month summary printout.

I went to Immigration on Thursday  and presented all the usual copy of the normally required documents plus the printout of my account for the last 14 months and bank letter coffering them.

The Officer asked me were the money came from I told her it was from my pension it is payed by the MOD she than asked me if I have any documentation to prove this 

I informed her I have a letter from the Military pension Agency I receive every year stating the current  years payments and the next years payments ( it is index linked and increases every  year ).

I also told her I have a copy of the letter I obtained from the British Embassy last December regarding my pension that I have used for many years stating my pension payment she ask me to return with them for her to look at.

I asked if it was necessary for me to provied them she said yes in order that my visa application would be accepted.

I returned with them after 45 mins and she looked at them and placed them in my ever growing pile of paper work and gave me a numbered card and told me to collect the passport after 1400hrs the next day.

I collected my passport the next day I asked if the 90 day reporting starts from today I was told no it runs as is stated on the slip that is in my passport.

All good for another year lets hope no new hoops to jump through next December ?.

As a side note I had on a short sleeved shirt long trousers and shoes ( not sure it made any difference however I like to edge my bets  ).

I hope this is of some use to the BM if any have any questions post here or PM me.

I was not asked for any ( tee money ) and only payed the 1,900tb fee.

JDM

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

Thanks for the writeup @JDM. Thought the 90 report only applied when using 800k on deposit method.

No the 90 day report has always been required for the Embassy letter method and the now 65+.

I was confirming that it  runs ( as is ) and not reset on receiving the new extension.

It is my understanding using the 800k method it starts from the date of the extension as it is a new slip inserted into your passport and states you must also show a bank statement showing you still have 800k in the bank post 90 days.

JDM

1 hour ago, JDM said:

he Officer asked me were the money came from I told her it was from my pension it is payed by the MOD she than asked me if I have any documentation to prove this 

I informed her I have a letter from the Military pension Agency I receive every year stating the current  years payments and the next years payments ( it is index linked and increases every  year ).

I also told her I have a copy of the letter I obtained from the British Embassy last December regarding my pension that I have used for many years stating my pension payment she ask me to return with them for her to look at.

Well, that would have been the end for me. You have proof of monthly AND proof.of 800k, which is double what is required, but some guy / women wants even more. Illegal.

I have all the above documents in my case, but the day they start to dig in my personal live is the day I move.

Look on my thread the retirement visa requirements here.

I do understand your position but no country , no women I would go through all this shit. Not even speaking about 90d reporting, exit permit, TM 30 etc....

Edited by Thai Spice

4 hours ago, JDM said:

It is my understanding using the 800k method it starts from the date of the extension as it is a new slip inserted into your passport and states you must also show a bank statement showing you still have 800k in the bank post 90 days.

JDM

That must be something new as it did not happen to me after I renewed using the 800k method back in August.

The original slip was still in my passport after I renewed but I then went on a trip back to the UK so the 90 days started again from the date of my return. That subsequently expired and I did a normal 2 min 90 day renewal in November and now have a new slip in my passport.

No mention of proving the 800k is still in the bank. I was just asked to verbally confirm I was still at the same address.

17 hours ago, Jambo said:

That must be something new as it did not happen to me after I renewed using the 800k method back in August.

The original slip was still in my passport after I renewed but I then went on a trip back to the UK so the 90 days started again from the date of my return. That subsequently expired and I did a normal 2 min 90 day renewal in November and now have a new slip in my passport.

No mention of proving the 800k is still in the bank. I was just asked to verbally confirm I was still at the same address.

The prove you still have 800k in your bank at 90 days came into effect on 1 Nov.

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The prove you still have 800k in your bank at 90 days came into effect on 1 Nov.

I don't think so.  A fellow BM did this in July, 90 days after getting a retirement extension.  The insurance requirement for OA visas and extensions was 1st November I think, but not the 90 day proof of funds.

4 minutes ago, KWA said:

I don't think so.  A fellow BM did this in July, 90 days after getting a retirement extension.  The insurance requirement for OA visas and extensions was 1st November I think, but not the 90 day proof of funds.

You are correct. Forgot the seasoning of money in the bank changes came into effect on 1 March, IIRC.

On 12/1/2019 at 1:06 PM, Thai Spice said:

Well, that would have been the end for me. You have proof of monthly AND proof.of 800k, which is double what is required, but some guy / women wants even more. Illegal.

I have all the above documents in my case, but the day they start to dig in my personal live is the day I move.

Look on my thread the retirement visa requirements here.

I do understand your position but no country , no women I would go through all this shit. Not even speaking about 90d reporting, exit permit, TM 30 etc....

I think you have misunderstood me I was asked for proof were the over 65k was payed to me from.

Not asked to also show 800k in he bank I did not show it I had it in a separate account just in case the over 65k was refused then i could submit it.

Sorry if my post was not clear.

JDM

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, JDM said:

Not asked to also show 800k in he bank I did not show it I had it in a separate account just in case the over 65k was refused then i could submit it. 

I don't understand why you did not apply on the basis of 800K in bank. Surely that would have been simpler, and saved you a lot of hassle? 

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

I don't understand why you did not apply on the basis of 800K in bank. Surely that would have been simpler, and saved you a lot of hassle? 

I'm a couple of years away from when I plan to start collect US Soc Sec, but once I do I'm going the 65k route. Main reason is I don't want to be forced to tie up 800k in a Thai bank for five months that I can't touch.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm a couple of years away from when I plan to start collect US Soc Sec, but once I do I'm going the 65k route. Main reason is I don't want to be forced to tie up 800k in a Thai bank for five months that I can't touch.

Yes, I can understand your thinking. But JDM had the money there. I don't understand why he applied using the more bothersome income route when the 800K route was also available.