Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

5 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

This is a highly sought-after and majority-approved career choice in Thaiand mate.  Soldier and cop, top of the heap, at least as I understand it.

Been in Thailand for many moons, been married to a thai for 17 years. Have 100's of Thai's in my circle from all walks of life with kids..never met a one who indicated such a career as being sought after or top of heep. A way out of poverty yeah, but there are now more ways out of poverty than ever in Thailand.

I think the dramatic increase in RorDor program over past decade at all walks of life is a clear indication that a career in military anyway is far far from a sought after choice of but a very few small part of population. RorDor is polar opposite of seeking a career. Also a lot of cases being brought forward to eliminate mandatory conscription for non RorDor program graduates or non monks.

That is not to say, like many countries a military or law enforcement career can not be a great choice if done for right reasons.

2 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

never met a one who indicated such a career as being sought after or top of heep.

Maybe they just never thought to mention it?  Maybe Bangkok Thais have different priorities from Thais in the villages?  Dunno Ron but this has been repeated to me any number of times.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

And sadly it seems to be void of any customers

No consistency but a good night yesterday.

The lack of a full time farlang Bar Manager is a big negative influence.

One of the many positives of the forthcoming association with Scooters is that they bring an experienced Manager to Scooters at Secrets. Several of their guys in yesterday with tape measures making copious notes.

In the interim you have got time on your hands.

Want to sit around in Secrets three nights a week holding court as a customer? Free food and drinks and we will throw in the odd pillow biter without b/fine charge.

Edited by Jambo

36 minutes ago, Jambo said:

The lack of a full time farlang Bar Manager is a big negative influence.

This i am doubting as there is another thread running somewhere on the forum that most of the replys to how important  farang bar managers are that it is not at all important at all.

I can't find the thread but if any one does please post the link here please.

Found it

Edited by Yesitisdakid

21 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

This i am doubting as there is another thread running somewhere on the forum that most of the replys to how important  farang bar managers are that it is not at all important at all.

So all the years you were Secrets Bar Manager had no influence on the numbers of customers?

Of course you did.

A good Manager has a positive influence on everything that goes on in the Bar and most particularly the attitude of the staff and thus service to customers which is absolutely paramount to a successful Bar.

Edited by Jambo
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

Maybe they just never thought to mention it?  Maybe Bangkok Thais have different priorities from Thais in the villages?  Dunno Ron but this has been repeated to me any number of times.

Mentioning why their kids are in RorDor is mentioning it. 70% of the population in Bangkok come from the villages or are worst first generation Bangokians. 

A child born into lower spheres of the socioeconomic spectrum of the villages have way more options today than they did 10 years ago. Still eons to go compared to many places more advanced but trending in right direction and picking up speed. I know it is difficult to accept Central is in Pattaya now for some, but reality is, it is and nothing is going to change that.

The internet gives a rural kid born without indoor plumbing literally access to millions more bits of information and what is out there and available.

I would bet the ranch you go to any rural village and ask a 12 year old kid what they want to do for a living when they grow up 90% would answer:

Football Player, Tech, Fashion, Gaming, blogger, pilot, doctor, ganjaentrepeneur, hospitality etc etc...

long  long before they would say I want to be a soldier. 

Just saying..the old Bangkok argument is as hollow and tired as Hillary's political career.

And once this last batch of dinosaurs gets put out to pasture for good and kids get properly educated, dare I say it their chances of reaching their dreams will sky rocket. 

11 hours ago, nampla69 said:

The lovely Nong Buriram's finest and Tawan the Tom putting on a  few kilos. Looks as busy as the board ............still love the gaffe and yes the food was great.

Jambos 100 baht menu was a game changer ............... as were the vouchers 100 baht ..... MO used to love the old 139 baht brekkie. 

Times really have changed no question. Fcuk Brexit and Trump all their fault ..................... (that should get a few of the old colonels replying outraged of Tunbridge Wells and Texas). :default_abe:

Is this on VIP now have some more  if so .... ???  

39 baht brekkie, i had some fun in that thread. lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

This is a highly sought-after and majority-approved career choice in Thaiand mate.  Soldier and cop, top of the heap, at least as I understand it.

This kid has brains to burn and spoke great English. He is capable of earning a lot more money and opening up new opportunities abroad. From what I believe it only 'pays' to join the cops or army if you have the contacts and money to earn 'promotions'. Wa with no family and no money will likely end up getting shipped to the pattani or narathiwat. 

More photo's down memory lane.

(Sorry if any been posted before)

Hop along Cassidy;

1161472331_HiHiphooray.jpg.a621f87b8c27fd508884d2dd9408d1cb.jpg

1786857603_TerryandLid.jpg.2ed703765a50dee8fb07b8366643b7f6.jpg

77864239_DanandTerry.jpg.976186595192296d6696589225a2b6c0.jpg

2061944152_Barwithsai.jpg.53326839d22e00c663c686e1624d7756.jpg

2028580418_Bargirl1.thumb.jpg.5a17671d6e83008655a2012420738036.jpg

907746079_SaiinBar.jpg.d9c7543a64aa5dcb3ef4e671bb2aa873.jpg

623266423_Bargirl3.jpg.770742ce3e5e31d3e6c5f4dbd0c651d3.jpg

1006745936_Bargirl10.jpg.d7c255ee88b09e65d622b30f53470cd8.jpg

1123111519_Bargirl5.jpg.94aea9986ba9ceb017d6d26f16f8da8e.jpg

1195799984_bargirl4.jpg.3100461ae1b7b0fef9cb95dd6e869d47.jpg

73768081_bargirl6.jpg.8ecdfe91ae49bc0b11a273c88fb6ebf8.jpg

1049990645_bargirl2.thumb.jpeg.7ece29129a88e85e559b42ea5d41765e.jpeg

1244203211_Bargirl11.jpg.a47093d888d07610c2962478fc45dde6.jpg

1999748839_Fern1.jpg.0f461d95367567808298bbb661e49dca.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taiwan is about 55kg these days.

Have to say Larry was a simply MASSIVE factor in the success of Secrets. Jambo done the back stage stuff so well.

Larry was meant for Secets in that era. He was basically hot sex on legs .......... :default_abe: ... well that's what he told me and Terry in Subic Bay.

• Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

54 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Taiwan is about 55kg these days.

Have to say Larry was a simply MASSIVE factor in the success of Secrets. Jambo done the back stage stuff so well.

Larry was meant for Secets in that era. He was basically hot sex on legs .......... :default_abe: ... well that's what he told me and Terry in Subic Bay.

tawan.thumb.jpg.735093f7527c6e4835ff6d43068f1a8d.jpg2080252462_tawan2.thumb.jpg.ff0638d7e694bcd08beb4c922c4b0bc6.jpg

Oh the memories!  Those deep seductive brown eyes.

Tawan was the sun.

Edited by Starshine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2