Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

56 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

What I don't understand is why Ben let the idea it was closing on the 20th run for two weeks before making a post correcting that misinformation. Very strange way to run a forum if he wants it to be successful.

I knew all along it would never happen maybe at some point in the future but not right now

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

What I don't understand is why Ben let the idea it was closing on the 20th run for two weeks before making a post correcting that misinformation. Very strange way to run a forum if he wants it to be successful.

Waiting to see if somebody else was going to pay for it before the lights went out for good.

• Thumbs Up 5

14 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Exactly the same thoughts crossed my mind. 

Actually, I was being somewhat facetious as there was always only one candidate in town as far as future forum renewals were concerned.

The only significance of the date of the 20th Feb was that was apparently the absolute deadline for the next forum payment.

Personally, I would have thought that the forum is beyond recovery in its current format so another month gives breathing space to consider possible phoenix like alternatives.

I believe the enormous amount of data that still remains on the current server is a major problem. On the other hand, being a complete IT illiterate, I would not take my misguided ramblings on anything technical as being factually correct.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Personally, I would have thought that the forum is beyond recovery in its current format

It would certainly appear that way, how it could recover i really don't know, after the disasterous so called upgrade its been dying a painful death for a while now imo and all the uncertainty surrounding its future has not helped retain posters.  

Edited by Pumpuynarak

28 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

It would certainly appear that way, how it could recover i really don't know, after the disasterous so called upgrade its been dying a painful death for a while now imo and all the uncertainty surrounding its future has not helped retain posters.  

Im not so sure,it certainly has major challenges,a "customer base" which has been decimated is probably the biggest one.

However it has a big plus,the bar ,albeit soon to be renamed,with a direct connection to the forum.This is why the remaining members are so loyal to the forum,we know each other personally,meet up,know the girls,the mammasans and the owners ..its a home from home .The memmories from the past and the fun of the future have a direct physical link.I think that is very powerful.Other than the Rockhouse  I am not sure if any other forum-bar relationship exists.The Nightwish group is too disperate  and this place has no such link 

To the forum itself...its never been a vanilla place,always been lots of humouress and robust discussion.The latter went way to far in the political threads in the last 2 years imo and the emnity spilled out onto the general board..understandably punters voted with their feet.I am hopeful the recent changes there will reinvigorate the board although its coming from a long way back i appreciate.The lighter moderation there appeals to  a niche group of customers too,you can call a spade...a..

Hopefully it will pick up 

Edited by Ivan the terrible
  • Thumbs Up 1

Imo.... until a decision is made, and publicised, that the forum will keep going, and I don't mean for another month,  it won't recover. 

For instance, I am not going to invest my time and effort taking and posting pictures from around town over there, knowing that 2 minutes after I've hit the post button the board might close.

Great respect for those that do, but I'd prefer to spent my time adding to a board where rumours of closure aren't rife.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Painter said:

Imo.... until a decision is made, and publicised, that the forum will keep going, and I don't mean for another month,  it won't recover. 

For instance, I am not going to invest my time and effort taking and posting pictures from around town over there, knowing that 2 minutes after I've hit the post button the board might close.

Great respect for those that do, but I'd prefer to spent my time adding to a board where rumours of closure aren't rife.

i think that is fair comment 

34 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

Im not so sure,it certainly has major challenges,a "customer base" which has been decimated is probably the biggest one.

However it has a big plus,the bar ,albeit soon to be renamed,with a direct connection to the forum.This is why the remaining members are so loyal to the forum,we know each other personally,meet up,know the girls,the mammasans and the owners ..its a home from home .The memmories from the past and the fun of the future have a direct physical link.I think that is very powerful.Other than the Rockhouse  I am not sure if any other forum-bar relationship exists.The Nightwish group is too disperate  and this place has no such link 

To the forum itself...its never been a vanilla place,always been lots of humouress and robust discussion.The latter went way to far in the political threads in the last 2 years imo and the emnity spilled out onto the general board..understandably punters voted with their feet.I am hopeful the recent changes there will reinvigorate the board although its coming from a long way back i appreciate.The lighter moderation there appeals to  a niche group of customers too,you can call a spade...a..

Ivan, I know its the weekend, but take it easy on the golden stuff mate.....

FFS, Home from home ?   

39 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

Brexit, we got our racism back.

Really fuck off back there if it is so good.

I get the people were good argument but a stolen board based on a place with more owners at one time than is legally possible? Get a fucking grip man. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Really f**k off back there if it is so good.

I get the people were good argument but a stolen board based on a place with more owners at one time than is legally possible? Get a fucking grip man. 

so..we are not allowed to participate in 2 different fora about Thailand?Participation in one is not a barrier to participating in another ,or so I would have thourght

I have no idea about the ownership issue  and also doubt that many others do either..

Are you really telling me to FO back there if it was so good?...there is a thread about the place if you ,didnt notice ,is it not for commenting on?

I find your post unfathomable 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

so..we are not allowed to participate in 2 different fora about Thailand?Participation in one is not a barrier to participating in another ,or so I would have thourght

I have no idea about the ownership issue  and also doubt that many others do either..

Are you really telling me to FO back there if it was so good?...there is a thread about the place if you ,didnt notice ,is it not for commenting on?

I find your post unfathomable 

How many years have you been on Pattaya fora and have not built up an opinion  on the ownership of Secrets and the way it was set up?

#spineless 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Really f**k off back there if it is so good.

8 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

How many years have you been on Pattaya fora and have not built up an opinion  on the ownership of Secrets and the way it was set up?

#spineless 

Your moderation team is online and here to help.

lol

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

#spineless 

That is a pretty strong epithet and all the more strange as you were posting on the Secrets forum up to a few days ago.

Did your moral outrage only just  bubble up to the  surface a few days ago ??You have also been around a fair while ,why give succour to a forum whose owners you find morally repugant  and whose moral compass lost its magnetic pole   ..in LOS of .all places,who would have thunk it  ..lol

This is obviously descending into the "bicker" category and I am well aware you have the whip hand in that regard..so I will nor comment further on this matter 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ivan the terrible said:

However it has a big plus,the bar ,albeit soon to be renamed,with a direct connection to the forum.

I'm not convinced that the new owners will ever use/want the forum to promote the bar, the silence from them is deafening, that i think is a clue.....

Who actually owns the forum ?  

38 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

You've obviously not logged into Pattaya-live for a long time.

Not possible for me to log on as I was banned last year for the cardinal sin of lurking. Can understand a forum wanting to do a bit of housekeeping now and then, but the very public way Alex went about cleaning lurkers out, starting individual threads with the title "xxxxxx should he stay or should he go", was in very poor taste.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I was keeping tabs on the post counts over there for a couple of weeks. I went to Bangkok and did not bother the 4 days i was gone. So the day after i returned the board post total was 168,000 less than when i left. Found that interesting

That might have been when Ben deleted all of level 2. Didn't just hide the level, but deleted everything. Shame really as there was a lot of good stuff posted that can not be recovered.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Not possible for me to log on as I was banned last year for the cardinal sin of lurking. Can understand a forum wanting to do a bit of housekeeping now and then, but the very public way Alex went about cleaning lurkers out, starting individual threads with the title "xxxxxx should he stay or should he go", was in very poor taste.

Don't worry I don't think you are missing much. In the alleged demise of Secrets this place and Talk picked up a few posters, Live got how24111 trying to sell an iPad.

• Haha 1

That might have been when Ben deleted all of level 2. Didn't just hide the level, but deleted everything. Shame really as there was a lot of good stuff posted that can not be recovered.
I know this was a couple of weeks after that I just got back the other day it looks like another trim

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk