Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

2 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

very very suprised by you last couple of posts ...times and people  change i suppose

I tend to think of it like allegiance to a football team ..eg QPR..we all know they are crap but for supporters they are our crap

Difficult to change your footy team

For me a forum is only as good as the people using it,nothing more.Secrets went down hill last year IMO and i called it a day.The bar and hotel have new owners and from what others have said its not like it used to be.I know it means more to you,but for me it don't.

Same regarding Live,i like Alex and enjoyed my time in his company,but had enough of the forum.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, galenkia said:

For me a forum is only as good as the people using it,nothing more.Secrets went down hill last year IMO and i called it a day.The bar and hotel have new owners and from what others have said its not like it used to be.I know it means more to you,but for me it don't.

Same regarding Live,i like Alex and enjoyed my time in his company,but had enough of the forum.

One of the key factors on this forum is that no bar, gogo and hotel is linked to the forum or forum owners.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

One of the key factors on this forum is that no bar, gogo and hotel is linked to the forum or forum owners.

Yes mate,so it can be independent and honest,rather than push its own agenda.For me personally,this is the best Thai related forum i have been a member of.

And i hope guys from the other forums stay here and contribute to a great forum we have here.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

So far most of the people that have come over voluntarily have been good people. My concern is that when Secrets forum closes all the rest will come across enmass including a lot of undesirables.

I don't think it will close ... 

To be fair we here have all welcomed secrets members here but i'm kind of glad its slowed down a bit.. kind of running before walking, 

I think many will stay or move back and some will never sign in again.. many will be happy here.. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Think maybe people are coming at from different angles at well. 

Me personally, nothing against Secrets or Secrets posters, how could I, I've never been there, don't use the forum. Don't know the vast majority of posters, just names to me.

Appreciate many have had great times in the bar and forum, but i'm just bored to tears with the 'love in' here for it from posters from there, hence being delighted it's still open. This is 24/7, not Secrets2. It's still there, go and have your 'love in' there ffs. 

And yes I appreciate i'm posting on a thread about it, but as said, I normally don't open them, but seeing the update on the thread title that it was staying open, certainly peaked my interest so I clicked on it,, and the posts since last night have been, shall we say, 'interesting' :default_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

. My concern is that when Secrets forum closes all the rest will come across enmass including a lot of undesirables.

No worries, I am preparing the yellow jackets already and in case of what you mentioned there will be a mass revolt against the undesirable migrants.

More seriously, I doubt your scenario will happen but if it did, it will be the hardcore 247 members role to self police the place. And the sheriffs will take no prisoners, its written in the rules at the entrance of 247 town !

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Members joined this forum for a change from what was out there and also due to the shit that had been posted on other forums.  Change is good and many need to embrace it, some have, some will just hold on to dreams.

Forums are not football teams.

This is 247 and long may it continue as a new vessel for those who wanted something different. 

I would suggest that if you miss it that bad and it stays open then your allegiances can be maintained there.  It is about time that those who joined here start supporting the forum or return back to where they feel more comfortable. Nostalgia about Secrets can be maintained here, nothing wrong with that if needed by some but support needs to be given to this forum as it is where you have been free to post without heavy handed moderation. 

I personally find your post a little disrespectful to those of us who enjoy this forum and are pleased that it exists, I especially thank those in admin who have done so much to make this forum work and respect for the effort they have put into it to see it grow in a positive way. They have been welcoming to everybody who has come from the other forums and questioning the reasons for why people are happy to be here seem out of place and unworthy.

Gal seems to have managed to move on, about time others did as well without going on incessantly about other forums and their loyalties, it does get tedious even if it is in this thread and, please note,  I was a member of Secrets.

I was loyal to another forum as well for many years, it stopped offering me what I wanted and I left; the Genesis of this forum started about the same time I was in limbo and it has become my preferred home. 

This forum is nothing like my football team but I will do my best to support it while it offers me a social platform that fulfills my needs.

Great post mate.

I loved my time on Secrets forum,and my many stays in the hotel and nights in the bar.As Secrets members will know,i never slagged the place off,only offered positive comments about it.

But the forum deteriated to a point where i did not want to be there anymore.Members like Chang Fai flooding it with cut and paste crap and nitpicking people's spelling etc.,or Stephanie with his constant digs at me and Chok Dee.All it did was end up winding me up and getting into arguments.Don't need that shit,forums are meant to be entertaining.Plus chuck in a few other retards.

So i would rather just walk away.

Would still like to meet Stephanie in Pattaya one day in the future.😉

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Shame guys like Striderman and Big John ain't come over from Secrets,they post lots of good pics and info for those who want to know the latest happenings in town.

Agree ... had a good couple of light ales with both of them last week Big John even popped in to Secrets ....second half of Millwall vs ..... 🍻

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, nampla69 said:

Agree ... had a good couple of light ales with both of them last week Big John even popped in to Secrets ....second half of Millwall vs ..... 🍻

Never had the pleasure of meeting Big John,comes across as a sound fella on the forum though.

Steve's a good lad.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Great post mate.

I loved my time on Secrets forum,and my many stays in the hotel and nights in the bar.As Secrets members will know,i never slagged the place off,only offered positive comments about it.

But the forum deteriated to a point where i did not want to be there anymore.Members like Chang Fai flooding it with cut and paste crap and nitpicking people's spelling etc.,or Stephanie with his constant digs at me and Chok Dee.All it did was end up winding me up and getting into arguments.Don't need that shit,forums are meant to be entertaining.Plus chuck in a few other retards.

Any idea what happened to Chok Dee? He started posting here then disappeared.

11 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Never had the pleasure of meeting Big John,comes across as a sound fella on the forum though.

Steve's a good lad.

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

We have a good core group of regular ex posters from Secrets and/or Live among us,so i think the forum will still be busy,even if some choose to go back to other forums.

Shame guys like Striderman and Big John ain't come over from Secrets,they post lots of good pics and info for those who want to know the latest happenings in town.

If eiHer could be secured for this forum I would treat them to a meal at either Mai Thai or Bella Italia.  @Painter would also entertain them to dinner at Food Court in The Avenue.

If Secrets forum continues I would genuinely hope that both would feel able to post on both forums.  I know of knowone who knows the bar and gogo scenes in Pattaya like those two.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Great post mate.

That just about sums up my attitude.

I made my final post just before he who must be obeyed made sure it was!  😛

Time to move on guys.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

11 hours ago, roobob said:

You are a member there.... why not ask the question there..... why bring the shit here.

Mod TA has been pretty lenient with the garbage your mates and you are bringing here..... how about moving on…. recognize here is not Secrets.

The forum is still going there... post there.

cheers

Go forth and multiply

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, alias said:

In a thread titled "Secrets forum" one can expect people to discuss the Secrets forum.  If that offends you, consider getting the thread deleted and all mention of that forum criminalized.

In the absence of that, one could just not open the thread.....

BINGO, i wondered how long it would take for this to be recognised. All these ????? saying take it over there......

• Thumbs Up 1