Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

Personally, I will miss that forum. Hey I've loved that bar and the hotel for years. I'll miss the historic fun atmosphere of the bar, and the location of the hotel for Walking Street. I hope the adjourning door will remain open & is still going to give accessibility to and from both.

I will say, the rooms really need to be cleaned up and updated. I think myself & Stax over the last few years were some of the few from the forum that actually used the bar and stayed in the hotel too, for a month at a time. Many on the forum liked the bar, but didn't seem to stay upstairs.  I could kinda understand why. The bar has been suffering through the last years, really since it didn't have a falang manager. The hotel is always booked up, yet it has been booked on most floors with mostly Indians in recent years, who are not users of the bar, I'm not bitching, as I love the place, just voicing my viewpoint.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tailspin said:

Personally, I will miss that forum. Hey I've loved that bar and the hotel for years. I'll miss the historic fun atmosphere of the bar, and the location of the hotel for Walking Street. I hope the adjourning door will remain open & is still going to give accessibility to and from both.

I will say, the rooms really need to be cleaned up and updated. I think myself & Stax over the last few years were some of the few from the forum that actually used the bar and stayed in the hotel too, for a month at a time. Many on the forum liked the bar, but didn't seem to stay upstairs.  I could kinda understand why. The bar has been suffering through the last years, really since it didn't have a falang manager. The hotel is always booked up, yet it has been booked on most floors with mostly Indians in recent years, who are not users of the bar, I'm not bitching, as I love the place, just voicing my viewpoint.

Hope you will still be there for Halloween all dressed up as usual. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Tailspin said:

Stayed there for some or the majority of my last 5 or 6 trips.Thought it was alright for the money and location.No complaints from me.Then i just want somewhere cheapish and clean to pass out in.😀

Sounds like yet another of my former hotel's has been invaded by Indians.☹️

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Stayed there for some or the majority of my last 5 or 6 trips.Thought it was alright for the money and location.No complaints from me.Then i just want somewhere cheapish and clean to pass out in.😀

Sounds like yet another of my former hotel's has been invaded by Indians.☹️

That is sad, indeed.

Thank you NamPla for the pictures of Robbie and as promised I have added them and while all pictures are added in random sequence, his are not.
They are the first and last pictures in the sequence. THX.
As I mentioned earlier I wanted to re-encode anyway, because the first to not work well, with the video scaled down more so than more than 50% of the screen space was just black. Turns out there are compatibility issues between older Adobe Premiere and today's YouTube using HDV, so I changed it to DV mode.
Also I did not like my use of framed pictures of the girls during the chorus, so that was changed to a better (IMO) blending.
Before and after examples:

875038102_Ver2.2Sample_tn.jpg.49edd8bb2f6b2cb602b5cdabb63b3a75.jpg 533679257_Ver2.0Sample_tn.jpg.eae036a1f92ea0003a02adf066f44efa.jpg

Here Ya go, no more edits :)

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Tailspin said:

I am sorry but your comment about " mostly Indians" simply is not true and I assume that when you used the words "cleaned up" you were not meaning to imply Secrets rooms are dirty.

If I was to attach a screen shot of Secrets Reservations for the next 4 weeks ( which for obvious reasons I am not going to do) you would be hard pressed to identify a single Indian guest from the names shown. I have to admit, that really surprised me but I assure you it is factually true.

Secrets Hotel has a relatively small number of loyal and regular customers of "ethnically" Indian guests from the west who are most welcome particularly as they are great guys and always are regulars in the Bar.

It is much more difficult for Indian Nationals to book and stay at Secrets because very few hold credit cards and are therfore generally unable to pay reservation deposits whether directly to Secrets or via booking agents.  Although we tend to waive deposits for all regular returning guests that is a requirement for most newbie's to Secrets Hotel.

Secrets does use booking Agents such as Expedia and Agoda however their rates are only attractive if  prospective customers can take advantage of the promotional rates agreed between Secrets and the booking agents. The Indian continent is one of those excluded from such promotions.

For the best rates and personal service for Thailand247 members,  email to "[email protected]" and don't forget to ask for the "Warburtons" upgrade.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I am sorry but your comment about " mostly Indians" simply is not true and I assume that when you used the words "cleaned up" you were not meaning to imply Secrets rooms are dirty.

If I was to attach a screen shot of Secrets Reservations for the next 4 weeks ( which for obvious reasons I am not going to do) you would be hard pressed to identify a single Indian guest from the names shown. I have to admit, that really surprised me but I assure you it is factually true.

Secrets Hotel has a relatively small number of loyal and regular customers of "ethnically" Indian guests from the west who are most welcome particularly as they are great guys and always are regulars in the Bar.

It is much more difficult for Indian Nationals to book and stay at Secrets because very few hold credit cards and are therfore generally unable to pay reservation deposits whether directly to Secrets or via booking agents.  Although we tend to waive deposits for all regular returning guests that is a requirement for most newbie's to Secrets Hotel.

Secrets does use booking Agents such as Expedia and Agoda however their rates are only attractive if  prospective customers can take advantage of the promotional rates agreed between Secrets and the booking agents. The Indian continent is one of those excluded from such promotions.

For the best rates and personal service for Thailand247 members,  email to "[email protected]" and don't forget to ask for the "Warburtons" upgrade.

lol so one of you is talking porkies, a lot has been said on the  secrets forum (by the owner) about ex members he has banned who now post on here so who do we believe?

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

The first time “Khun Ling” made a reservation at Secrets Hotel no deposit was asked for but I think I made the reservation through the forum. A crazy ride they was. Arrived in BKK On British passport, one night at Secrets, no bar manager around just some bloke called Ben. Next day checked out an went to PI leaving a suit case at Secrets (by arrangement) flew to PI on British passport, 2 nights in AC and back to BKK. Landed in BKK and cleared immigration using OZ passport. Went post office at Swampy and mailed British passport to a mate back home in OZ. Caught the public bus to Pattaya and checked back into Secrets and retrieved my suit case. Rang wifey who was already in LOS and told her I would get a taxi to village next day. Then went to devils den. Back to Secrets after that for a few beers, no bar manager around that time either but did get to meet BMs alfazulu and chockdeemukmuk. I then slept alone for the first time ever in Pattaya as I was just to f***d. All this without being asked for a deposit 

5 minutes ago, Khun Ling said:

The first time “Khun Ling” made a reservation at Secrets Hotel no deposit was asked for but I think I made the reservation through the forum. A crazy ride they was. Arrived in BKK On British passport, one night at Secrets, no bar manager around just some bloke called Ben. Next day checked out an went to PI leaving a suit case at Secrets (by arrangement) flew to PI on British passport, 2 nights in AC and back to BKK. Landed in BKK and cleared immigration using OZ passport. Went post office at Swampy and mailed British passport to a mate back home in OZ. Caught the public bus to Pattaya and checked back into Secrets and retrieved my suit case. Rang wifey who was already in LOS and told her I would get a taxi to village next day. Then went to devils den. Back to Secrets after that for a few beers, no bar manager around that time either but did get to meet BMs alfazulu and chockdeemukmuk. I then slept alone for the first time ever in Pattaya as I was just to f***d. All this without being asked for a deposit 

And the reason for all this back and forth trekking and mailing the passport was for?