Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

7 hours ago, el puerco said:

You could post the email you will be using mate as we discussed until such time I receive clarification as to who owns or controls what. The reservations email was the only one really in use on the current hosting and as that is about to disappear then you need to let your customers know. A temporary rediect is in place until then as I tried to explanon the phone to you.

All the best

[email protected] is the temporary account we will be using but It is impossible for me to advise all the potential customers from our huge data base. A significant proportion of Secrets Hotel bookings comes from repeat customers who email direct  but I cannot mass email the whole data base.

Secrets email address has always been [email protected] and we would not wish that to change.

I thought I understood from our conversation that you would be diverting emails still addressed to [email protected] to the alternative gmail account until the change of server, yet again, had been completed.

I am like the proverbial mushroom.

No change there then.

38 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

on a related topic a former forum member has purchased the domains 

Scootersatsecrets.com and scooterswithsecrets.com

I found that kinda funny 

Cybersquatting (also known as domain squatting), according to the United States federal law
known as the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, is registering, trafficking in, or using
an Internet domain name with bad faith intent to profit from the goodwill of a trademark belonging
to someone else. The cybersquatter then offers to sell the domain to the person or company who
owns a trademark contained within the name at an inflated price.

The term is derived from "squatting", which is the act of occupying an abandoned or unoccupied
space or building that the squatter does not own, rent, or otherwise have permission to use.

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

Cybersquatting (also known as domain squatting), according to the United States federal law
known as the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, is registering, trafficking in, or using
an Internet domain name with bad faith intent to profit from the goodwill of a trademark belonging
to someone else. The cybersquatter then offers to sell the domain to the person or company who
owns a trademark contained within the name at an inflated price.

The term is derived from "squatting", which is the act of occupying an abandoned or unoccupied
space or building that the squatter does not own, rent, or otherwise have permission to use.

I can assure you that's not the issue here he cannot squat he has bad knees

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

on a related topic a former forum member has purchased the domains 

Scootersatsecrets.com and scooterswithsecrets.com

I found that kinda funny 

+1 had me in bits when he told us. :default_458:

He said he was waiting for the dashes to appear [email protected]

Anyway Tommy D is worried you'll see the thread about Rats.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Painter said:

What happens if I dont want to use tapatalk? Not there, not here, not anywhere. Call me old fashioned, but I want to use it using a browser as i always have....

I have a tapatalk account , but am using it through the browser rather than through the app 

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I have a tapatalk account , but am using it through the browser rather than through the app 

Nice for you, but I object to the forced enrollment into tapatalk. And to put the icing on the cake, it has a faulty automated linking system and a limited set of characters to use. I think that will finally kill off the old Secret's forum for good.

Edited by Freee!!
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Yes, but do you get the yellow box telling you to log on using tapatalk? Then the email thanking me for registering with tapatalk (have I?). The implied threat that if I dont use 5apatalk I might have future issues?

I'm confused.... yeah, I know, easily done....

Let's hope it all becomes clear in the morning!

Edited by Painter

I think what is happening is the forum is now on Tapatalk's server and or is using tapatalks software.

Here's the message i get:-

Your forum account will be transitioning to a Tapatalk account

To streamline the account management among all Tapatalk Groups and to make it easier for you to access network-wide features, we will be transitioning your current forum account to a Tapatalk account. Your username and profile in this group will not be affected at all, but your email and password information will be migrated to Tapatalk.

We found that the email address you used in this group (XXXXXXXX@hotmail.com) also appears in a Tapatalk account and is known as "lanzalad" in Tapatalk. If you are the owner of this account, please login to Tapatalk now to complete the transition.

My guess is its a much cheaper option than letting the forum go and paying the bills that it comes with.

Now are a Tapatalk user the software picks up on that I'm all ready a Tapatalk user and it wants me to use my Tapatalk account.

2 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Shock and horror ....Screenshots ! ! 😱😱😱

Using TT would have not been my first choice, i guess its the all in package deal that tapatalk give you..

Personally I think the software is everything.. as long as the forum has members visiting then I wouldn't change it.

• Like 1