Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

5 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Using TT would have not been my first choice, i guess its the all in package deal that tapatalk give you..

Personally I think the software is everything.. as long as the forum has members visiting then I wouldn't change it.

I never installed or used Tapatalk on any forum.  As principle I try to avoid downloading / installing things except if I really need it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Two years old, dunno if it still applies.

Tapatalk doesn't hear that. They have trapped their users and reject any board owner's request to get his
database back and move
. Users who are more active in defending this cause are simply banned and will end
up losing control over their communities. These are in addition to the unacceptable user experience Tapatalk
forces board owners to give to their members.

https://www.change.org/p/tapatalk-group-trapped-us-they-must-let-us-leave-with-our-property-our-database

• Great Info 1

I think they're doing their best to provide some sort of forum for the diehards that are still over there and should be commended for that. They are also now soliciting donations but the other boards do the same thing so I can't see the problem with that. If everybody donated a little bit that complained when they were going to shut the board down it would probably help the move the board a lot further. That said would I personally donate if I was still involved and had not been removed from that forum? Probably not because there is so much Free information to be had on the internet. They'll get by as soon as people learn how to use the new formatted board it will be business as usual over there slowly but surely the numbers will increase and everything will be okay. I wish them every success.

• Like 1

I always use Tapatalk to access forums. I have noticed that Secrets forum is much much quicker on Tapatalk now it has migrated. Haven’t been asked to donate.
My opinion is that it is a marketing tool to get you into the bar that pays for the forum and any donation should be in buying a drink or two in the bar when you’re in town.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

The following message is displayed:

Thank you for being a Tapatalk member! - your Tapatalk account Bazle will now display as Bazle in this group. From now on, please always log in to your Tapatalk account to access this group. To avoid further access issue, please confirm your email address by clicking the confirmation link in the email from Tapatalk.

I have never used Tapatalk, and have no intention of signing up now.

I WILL NOT be confirming my email address.

It has the feeling that Secrets has sold its database of members to Tapatalk. If not "sold", then exchanged it for providing the software. Confirmation of email address is probably not necessary to use the board: it is merely to check the data is still correct.

Does anyone know about Tapatalk - what their business model is? What use are they going to make of all the members' details they have from the Secrets board?

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

If any member cannot find the forum they'll need to do the following:-

A browser hard refresh 

A hard refresh is a way of clearing the browser’s cache for a specific page, to force it to load the most recent version of a page. Sometimes, when changes are made to the website, they don’t register immediately due to caching. A hard refresh will usually fix this, though occasionally completely clearing the cache is necessary.

How to do hard refresh on various browsers?

Chrome:

Quick hard refresh can be done by using the following short cut keys

Windows/Linux:(includes Firefox)

Hold down Ctrl and click the Reload button.

Or, Hold down Ctrl and press F5.

just open the Chrome Dev Tools by pressing F12. Once the chrome dev tools are open, just right click on the refresh button and a menu will drop down. This menu gives you the option of doing a hard refresh, or even clearing the cache and do a hard refresh automatically.

Mac:

Hold ⇧ Shift and click the Reload button.

Or, hold down ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift key and then press R.

Mozilla Firefox and Related Browsers:

Windows/Linux:

Hold the Ctrl key and press the F5 key.

Or, hold down Ctrl and ⇧ Shift and then press R.

Mac:

Hold down the ⇧ Shift and click the Reload button.

Or, hold down ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift and then press R.

Internet Explorer:

Hold the Ctrl key and press the F5 key.

Or, hold the Ctrl key and click the Refresh button.

49 minutes ago, Bazle said:

The following message is displayed:

Thank you for being a Tapatalk member! - your Tapatalk account Bazle will now display as Bazle in this group. From now on, please always log in to your Tapatalk account to access this group. To avoid further access issue, please confirm your email address by clicking the confirmation link in the email from Tapatalk.

I have never used Tapatalk, and have no intention of signing up now.

I WILL NOT be confirming my email address.

It has the feeling that Secrets has sold its database of members to Tapatalk. If not "sold", then exchanged it for providing the software. Confirmation of email address is probably not necessary to use the board: it is merely to check the data is still correct.

Does anyone know about Tapatalk - what their business model is? What use are they going to make of all the members' details they have from the Secrets board?

And if we DON'T confirm our email address? What access issues? Will we just be unable to access it, or....?

1 minute ago, Sir_Fondles said:

The skid factory is a YouTube channel by some guys in Aus that tinker with cars and is an off shoot of another channel called mighty car mods....... old cock is their radiator guy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

just like skiddies,old cocks and factories...not  my thing ...but have a blast if you must

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

The skid factory is a YouTube channel by some guys in Aus that tinker with cars and is an off shoot of another channel called mighty car mods....... old cock is their radiator guy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Im watching their land cruiser build at the moment