Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

"Confirmation of email address is probably not necessary to use the board: it is merely to check the data is still correct."

I didnt sign up to Tapatalk and didnt confirm my email address but have no problems continuing to use my old log-in and password. Tho there are so few posts now it hardly seems worth the effort!! 

1 hour ago, biggles said:

"Confirmation of email address is probably not necessary to use the board: it is merely to check the data is still correct."

I didnt sign up to Tapatalk and didnt confirm my email address but have no problems continuing to use my old log-in and password. Tho there are so few posts now it hardly seems worth the effort!! 

If you do confirm your email address you find a page of account settings which includes the following, all enabled.

You may find the email address being spammed.

00000.png

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

If you do confirm your email address you find a page of account settings which includes the following, all enabled.

You may find the email address being spammed.

00000.png

In the words of the great Swedish philosopher Ludwig Wittgenstein:

"Fcuk that for a game of soldiers" :default_drinks:

• Like 1

From the threat of shutting down to recent major changes leads me to think that someone may have bought the site. I really didn't think that Ben would simply shut it down when there was a possibility that he could make some money selling it. The question is why the big recent changes?

9 minutes ago, Gary said:

From the threat of shutting down to recent major changes leads me to think that someone may have bought the site. I really didn't think that Ben would simply shut it down when there was a possibility that he could make some money selling it. The question is why the big recent changes?

Substantial increase in server charges - apparently.

Just now, fygjam said:

When the staff come online I guess there will be a merging, wonder which one will remain.

I would hazard a guess you are right.

I don't think punctuation will be high on the list of winning requirements. 

On 5/15/2019 at 5:20 AM, RR007 said:

Long time friend of mine (only from Pattaya) went in yesterday for a look first time said it was very nicely fitted out but lacked girls and certainly lacked customers. My estimate of closed by October looks far too generous with hindsight.

What possessed Scooters to think that was an ideal location. 100s if not 1000s could have told them it was a dead soi with tiny footfall.  I've not even seen any social media popping up over them come to that although assume they have some. Place is utterly tainted by the smell of Abrahams and always will be

Secrets survived the last 5,6,7 years without a decent manager, and an owner who had completely lost interest........ yet against all that the rent, bills and wages were being paid.

Scooters must have thought give it a bit of love, get a decent manager and it could be a goldmine again..... they've spent the money now need the decent manager

• Great Info 1

I tried to buy it and Ben turned me down.

2 hours ago, misteregg said:

I tried to buy it and Ben turned me down.

Admittedly, I know next to nothing about Secrets Forum, Ben, the actual bar or whatever. 

But is that not strange, considering what all's happened, gonna close the forum,  then not, now not closed but moved to more of a 'budget' version of a forum by most accounts?

Again, I only know what I read on here, don't post there or use the bar, so probably a good reason I don't know about. 

On 5/25/2019 at 8:13 AM, Bazle said:

Does anyone know about Tapatalk - what their business model is? What use are they going to make of all the members' details they have from the Secrets board?

Does anyone have any knowledge of this, please?

I guess I'm not the only one who is not best pleased to find he is suddenly a member of Tapatalk, without consultation.

P.S.

An interesting comment here:

In the message that our members have been seeing Quote: .........but your email and password information will be migrated to Tapatalk.

Taking personal information without permission would be contrary to recent GDPR legislation in the UK. (General Data Protection Regulation) You need permission to do so from every member within the UK.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/forum-account-migration-to-tapatalk-id-t42298-s30.html

Edited by Bazle
P.S. added

57 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Does anyone have any knowledge of this, please?

I guess I'm not the only one who is not best pleased to find he is suddenly a member of Tapatalk, without consultation.

P.S.

An interesting comment here:

In the message that our members have been seeing Quote: .........but your email and password information will be migrated to Tapatalk.

Taking personal information without permission would be contrary to recent GDPR legislation in the UK. (General Data Protection Regulation) You need permission to do so from every member within the UK.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/forum-account-migration-to-tapatalk-id-t42298-s30.html

I would check the T and Cs, maybe there is a paragraph that makes comment about your information being stored on whatever software they use etc etc etc.

34 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I would check the T and Cs, maybe there is a paragraph that makes comment about your information being stored on whatever software they use etc etc etc.

Thanks, but not sure about this.

The Secrets Ts & Cs are no longer accessible. And I don't regard the Tapatalk ones as valid as I didn't ask to join.