Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

I would check the T and Cs, maybe there is a paragraph that makes comment about your information being stored on whatever software they use etc etc etc.

Probably all your.pics now also can be used by Tapa, or / and whoever owns Tapa....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

You have a link to that ? 

I don't think a link is needed. Pictures posted on the Secrets forum were probably owned by Secrets. When the board was given to, or sold to, Tapatalk, that will have included the pics.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I don't think a link is needed. Pictures posted on the Secrets forum were probably owned by Secrets. When the board was given to, or sold to, Tapatalk, that will have included the pics.

He said Tapatalk can use the pictures, I'd like to know where he got that info ... 

as as far as I can see Tapatalk just host many forums and  make money by advertising or selling the ad free apps ... I use it on my mobile and think it's a pretty good tool for viewing forums 

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

He said Tapatalk can use the pictures, I'd like to know where he got that info ... 

as as far as I can see Tapatalk just host many forums and  make money by advertising or selling the ad free apps ... I use it on my mobile and think it's a pretty good tool for viewing forums 

If you're patient enough to read through all that shit :

https://www.tapatalk.com/privacy_policy#h.3j2qqm3

And probably read between the lines as well.

they've spent the money now need the decent manager

•  

I have chatted with the manager seems like a good guy. Hopefully high season will kick it into high gear. I was out last night did not get into Scooters but can tell you with the exception of Kink it was dead every where. Kink big crowd good lineup fun atmosphere. Problem is too many ex employees of mine so I spent more than i would have liked to but there all good girls and I spent it there was no begging for LDs. Trouble is we are at least 5 months away from High Season. As Jerry Butler said only the strong survive.

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

. Trouble is we are at least 5 months away from High Season. As Jerry Butler said only the strong survive.

More to the point the "high" season as regards traditional visitors who would use Secrets/Scooters is probably 18th December to 10th January these days. Not like decades ago when it was Nov 1st till 30th April. It could be high season all year long and the location and set up still wouldnt work in that particular area. Stick it up Soi Diana and Soi Buakhow and it certainly would

Edited by RR007
  • Like 1

I would guess that Egg just didn't offer enough money. I did try Tapatalk and didn't like it at all. It didn't take me long to uninstall it. I  was not happy that Secrets jammed it down my throat.

More to the point the "high" season as regards traditional visitors who would use Secrets/Scooters is probably 18th December to 10th January these days. Not like decades ago when it was Nov 1st till 30th April. It could be high season all year long and the location and set up still wouldnt work in that particular area. Stick it up Soi Diana and Soi Buakhow and it certainly would
Although I didn't go in I went by the scooters in Soi Boukow and LK last night both were very busy

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Although I didn't go in I went by the scooters in Soi Boukow and LK last night both were very busy

Yes they normally are when I've gone by. However they could have 2 of the best managers in the business in the current location and it still wont work as its completely tainted by Abrahams.....whilst any part of "secrets" remains its dead or certainly the "bar take" anyway

Yes they normally are when I've gone by. However they could have 2 of the best managers in the business in the current location and it still wont work as its completely tainted by Abrahams.....whilst any part of "secrets" remains its dead or certainly the "bar take" anyway
Being involved with secrets for about eight years when I first read where you said that having the secrets name won't help the new owners I really didn't agree. But the more I thought about it it may have been better to start off fresh with no secrets involvement mentioned you may well have been right. Whatever I really do hope it catches on and they do well there's great people behind it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Being involved with secrets for about eight years when I first read where you said that having the secrets name won't help the new owners I really didn't agree. But the more I thought about it it may have been better to start off fresh with no secrets involvement mentioned you may well have been right. 

That's what I said some time ago. Cut all relation with the previous "tainted" business and start with a clear and clean name / management / staff.

In some cases the name or brand can be a valuable asset when taking over a business, in some cases it can be a liability. Not speaking only about bar business.

11 hours ago, Bazle said:

Does anyone have any knowledge of this, please?

I guess I'm not the only one who is not best pleased to find he is suddenly a member of Tapatalk, without consultation.

P.S.

An interesting comment here:

In the message that our members have been seeing Quote: .........but your email and password information will be migrated to Tapatalk.

Taking personal information without permission would be contrary to recent GDPR legislation in the UK. (General Data Protection Regulation) You need permission to do so from every member within the UK.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/forum-account-migration-to-tapatalk-id-t42298-s30.html

An interesting point.  I am sad and enjoy looking at issues like this.

I would question whether a board name and an e-mail address which does not include a persons real name or anything else to identify that individua amount to personal data, unless of course the data holder has other information (such as real name or identification numbers such as passport number or UK National Insurance number) which can be used in conjunction with the above to identify a real person.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/what-personal-data_en

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, john luke said:

An interesting point.  I am sad and enjoy looking at issues like this.

I would question whether a board name and an e-mail address which does not include a persons real name or anything else to identify that individua amount to personal data, unless of course the data holder has other information (such as real name or identification numbers such as passport number or UK National Insurance number) which can be used in conjunction with the above to identify a real person.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/what-personal-data_en

If you use that email for other board, on line shopping, banking, F.B., Twitter, whatever.... then the people who buy those databases, and not only from 1 source, can through crossing email, IP, etc between those various databases find a complete trail of that email, and of you. And if at a certain moment that email is mentioned on a same document, record, registering as say your Nat Sec number that will get closer to you. 

Plenty info about data collecting and analyzing on Youtube . There is also a pretty detailed book (Future Crimes) that has good info on that grey area.

In the E.U. the rules a stricter than in the US on privacy, but still.....

I watched on Youtube a few academic courses where the lecturer explains and teaches the collection and use of data, it is surprising how deep they can go with what seems at the start very benign information.

And I am not an expert.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Krapow said:

Admittedly, I know next to nothing about Secrets Forum, Ben, the actual bar or whatever. 

But is that not strange, considering what all's happened, gonna close the forum,  then not, now not closed but moved to more of a 'budget' version of a forum by most accounts?

Again, I only know what I read on here, don't post there or use the bar, so probably a good reason I don't know about. 

I know i only customer in scootersecrets bar lastnight 9 and i only there use toilet. if scooters owner pay any thing for secrets name he is cheated.

57 minutes ago, Krapow said:

From reading here, the Political stuff on Secrets and it's 'spin offs' were the reason for some not posting there again.

Not sure how bringing it back will help?

Desperate for content, maybe.

I see they've let Bomber back on as well, posting his usual shit.

• Thumbs Up 1