Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

Reading between the lines here so I could be wrong.. But i'll put my neck out and see... 

Now i think the owner of secrets Guest House and bar will not contribute to the running cost of secrets forum and why should Ben pay for it all when he is not making any good business from the forum.

So moving the forum on to Tapatalk will save the server bill and IPS bill which on the top end would be 700 to 800 sterling.

Tapatalk haven't paid for no forum and they maybe a minimal change for hosting the forum and Tapatalk gain the history of the forum and it will help them.

For me changing the forum to tapatalk is a no no as i've seen all the comments good and bad and for me its not  good forum software... 

I also think PLAKA had his hand full with it and offered Tapatalk as an alternative.

This is my view and I may be wrong... who knows...?

Reading between the lines here so I could be wrong.. But i'll put my neck out and see... 

Now i think the owner of secrets Guest House and bar will not contribute to the running cost of secrets forum and why should Ben pay for it all when he is not making any good business from the forum.

So moving the forum on to Tapatalk will save the server bill and IPS bill which on the top end would be 700 to 800 sterling.

Tapatalk haven't paid for no forum and they maybe a minimal change for hosting the forum and Tapatalk gain the history of the forum and it will help them.

For me changing the forum to tapatalk is a no no as i've seen all the comments good and bad and for me its not  good forum software... 

I also think PLAKA had his hand full with it and offered Tapatalk as an alternative.

I'm reading this on Tapatalk now , all the forums I look at are available through the app ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I'm reading this on Tapatalk now , all the forums I look at are available through the app ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok here is the options with Tapatalk

Install a patch onto the core software ie IPS or Xenforo or even MyBB which are all forum software and comparable with Tapatalk once the patch is installed.

The above is only used for mobile devices... 

The other option is to use Tapatalks own forum core software... which secrets have done so..

This works on all devices..

• Thumbs Up 1

Their settings are, er, interesting....

It appears banned members can now post again. Various "lost" sections can be found.

Searching various terms allow posts from the admin room to be read.... not in their entirety,  but enough to get the gist of what was said (and not said) and by whom...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Painter said:

Their settings are, er, interesting....

It appears banned members can now post again. Various "lost" sections can be found.

Searching various terms allow posts from the admin room to be read.... not in their entirety,  but enough to get the gist of what was said (and not said) and by whom...

Glasnost ?

6 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

A few points:

First, Ben did and could still benefit from the forum as he promoted his new venture on the forum and I am sure he got a lot of new business from it.

Second, the forum has value, not as much as a few years ago, but Mr Egg stated that he tried to buy it was turned down.

Third: Nefarious reasons for letting it die.  

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Rumour is,  your name was all over their Mod/Admin room, alsorts coming out ...

Did they mention the time i was in Secrets hotel room and was lying on my bed wearing one of their towels round my waist,and i thought i was gonna fart.

Did make a mess.😀

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Did they mention the time i was in Secrets hotel room and was lying on my bed wearing one of their towels round my waist,and i thought i was gonna fart.

Did make a mess.😀

Think it was moreso, ladyboys, strap ons, gimp suits and the unsavoury image being protrayed of Secrets! 

That was just the first rumour mind, the rest apparently are not so tame ...

You're a animal! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Did make a mess.😀

I am sorry Allan ( @galenkia ) for this.  But photograph please or it didn't happen.  😎

• Haha 2

Just signed in over there for the first time since the "transformation". Now out of the f'ing blue I am getting a sh*t load of spam ads popping up on my screen which I never get (ever). Time to cut ties and let that boat drift off. No need for it IMO after a quick look see anyway. 

15 hours ago, Painter said:

Various "lost" sections can be found

Couldn't find my old Thailand Photo thread, so again I am letting it go for good.  Safe journeys Secrets/Scooters. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

Just signed in over there for the first time since the "transformation". Now out of the f'ing blue I am getting a sh*t load of spam ads popping up on my screen which I never get (ever). Time to cut ties and let that boat drift off. No need for it IMO after a quick look see anyway. 

Couldn't find my old Thailand Photo thread, so again I am letting it go for good.  Safe journeys Secrets/Scooters. 

I also want to sever ties but I thought I'd delete my pictures before doing so. However, I cannot see how to do that. Does anyone know how, please?

8 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I also want to sever ties but I thought I'd delete my pictures before doing so. However, I cannot see how to do that. Does anyone know how, please?

Probably the best way to go is to ask them on that forum... or send a PM to one of their Admin to help you out.

cheers

On 5/28/2019 at 12:25 PM, Yesitisdakid said:

The son of the partner or one of the partners I believe is the manager I have met him very nice guy

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

His name is Anthony, a very experienced Bar Manager and as Larry mentions the son of one of the principal owners of Scooters.

A very sociable guy and doing a good job.

• Thumbs Up 1