Where to go as a side trip from Pattaya... 7 days ??

RR007

Depends on your budget, but in 7 days I would try two places. 3 days each is enough to have a small idea, and decide for a future longer trip or no.

If beach is a must it will limit the scope, but in a reasonable radius why not HCMCH or Hanoi, and a beach resort in VN ?

HKG / SGP would be a nice duo also but different style (and cost..)

KL plus a beach resort in Malaysia ?

Bali a bit far away (4 1/2h) 

Bali certainly isn't too far for a 7 day side trip and would be highly recommended from me.

Wrong time of year and I'm probably too late but I always wanted to go to the Perhentian islands in September. They just sounded so nice bit not the easiest to get to.

Not a big beach lover but Barcelona would be my ideal beach/city get away but not the best if you are in SE Asia.

Just now, Thinkingallowed said:

Bali certainly isn't too far for a 7 day side trip and would be highly recommended from me.

Wrong time of year and I'm probably too late but I always wanted to go to the Perhentian islands in September. They just sounded so nice but not the easiest to get to.

Not a big beach lover but Barcelona would be my ideal beach/city get away but not the best if you are in SE Asia.

12 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Wrong time of year and I'm probably too late but I always wanted to go to the Perhentian islands in September. They just sounded so nice bit not the easiest to get to.

12 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

I think @Thinkingallowed's mid life crisis has happened.... he's quoting himself!

We know someone else like that....  😁

• Haha 2

Just now, Painter said:

I think @Thinkingallowed's mid life crisis has happened.... he's quoting himself!

We know someone else like that....  😁

This board is a fucking shambles mate. Please don't compare me to that checked shirt wearing cunt.

*by the end of today I'm going to make it plain what my thoughts are on checks/plaid etc•

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

This board is a fucking shambles mate. Please don't compare me to that checked shirt wearing c**t.

*by the end of today I'm going to make it plain what my thoughts are on checks/plaid etc•

Waiting for you in Bali.... 

Now , what time is it ....?

Edited by Thai Spice

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

Not bothered about Girls whatsoever and would prefer a beach location.

Where do you guys recommend. Had a look at Trip Advisor but information was a little sanitized to say the least. Fly Bangkok Hanoi ??

if you want beach,Australia has 100s of 1st class beaches but not cheap.

Thailand, the videos of Koh Chang island look very good and forsure cheaper than Australia :default_drinks:

regards

grayray

5 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Waiting for you in Bali.... 

Now , what time is it ....?

What, Matthewh is in Bali? I'll order a cake.

I've had several holidays in Bali from learning to scuba dive up north to with friends who thought I was being a flash cunt leaving a 900 IRP tip in a taxi when I'm embarrassed because other than that I've only got 500,000 notes.

Wife has been there many times and we took the kids. Nice place a I will be back.

I would recommend a trip to Danang. You can get direct flights from Bangkok with Vietjetair.com out of Swampy or Airasia.com.au out of Don Monkey. It has miles of beaches and is cheap if you wish. Hue is two hours to the north and Hoi An half an hour to the south. No real nightlife but a good break from Thailand. I went for two weeks last year and will be going again in May for two weeks.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, andycoll said:

I would recommend a trip to Danang. You can get direct flights from Bangkok with Vietjetair.com out of Swampy or Airasia.com.au out of Don Monkey. It has miles of beaches and is cheap if you wish. Hue is two hours to the north and Hoi An half an hour to the south. No real nightlife but a good break from Thailand. I went for two weeks last year and will be going again in May for two weeks.

Sounds ideal will do some research on Danang thanks

I went one night in HCMC, bus down to Vung Tau for a week and ferry up the Mekong back to HCMC about 6 months ago. I was lucky in that a mate who knew his way about was there and helped me out with organisation etc. but could easily be done yourself or with a little help from here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the look of this Danang. Stayed in Hotel last night didnt feel like going out after Spurs got trashed so did  a fair bit of reading up. Any suggested hotels that others have stayed at....??  Doesnt need to be any better than medium class albeit pool would be good

On 2/23/2019 at 7:29 AM, KWA said:

I went one night in HCMC, bus down to Vung Tau for a week and ferry up the Mekong back to HCMC about 6 months ago. I was lucky in that a mate who knew his way about was there and helped me out with organisation etc. but could easily be done yourself or with a little help from here.

Would like to know a bit about Vung Tau if you have the time.

I stayed in two different hotels there. I would not recommend the first one, the second was the Bay Sydney Hotel, no pool but otherwise in a good area. The problem as I saw it is that there is an awful lot of construction going on as they try to cater for the tourist boom. So you might book an hotel next to a contruction site, maybe two. It might be an idea to book a room for three nights and look around while you are there if you feel a need to move. I have booked 5 nights at the Dylan Hotel for my trip in May. It is in a good area and close to the beach,also has a pool, but until I stay there I won't know how good it is. Also comes with breakfast but I found that I could get a mango smoothie and two rolls for 70000 dong after my morning walk so breakfast in the hotel is not a selling point for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, andycoll said:

I stayed in two different hotels there. I would not recommend the first one, the second was the Bay Sydney Hotel, no pool but otherwise in a good area. The problem as I saw it is that there is an awful lot of construction going on as they try to cater for the tourist boom. So you might book an hotel next to a contruction site, maybe two. It might be an idea to book a room for three nights and look around while you are there if you feel a need to move. I have booked 5 nights at the Dylan Hotel for my trip in May. It is in a good area and close to the beach,also has a pool, but until I stay there I won't know how good it is. Also comes with breakfast but I found that I could get a mango smoothie and two rolls for 70000 dong after my morning walk so breakfast in the hotel is not a selling point for me.

Andy so book something as in this link for couple days in advance and suss out the area. Seems very cheap albet plenty cheaper as well as more expensive. Can hardly go wrong for $15

https://www.hotels.com/ho509560/?q-check-out=2019-06-18&FPQ=1&q-check-in=2019-06-11&WOE=2&WOD=2&q-room-0-children=0&pa=15&tab=description&JHR=2&q-room-0-adults=2&YGF=14&MGT=7&ZSX=0&SYE=3

Edited by RR007

Yes, something like that, I stayed a bit further north off Phan Van Dong. Myself I prefer to be closer to the beach, but that road Nguyen Van Thoai had plenty of restaurants, karaoke bars and the like. And yes, it is cheap. So yes, three days first, and then have a look around. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 10 months later...
On 2/23/2019 at 12:44 PM, andycoll said:

just checked 75 bucks return from Pattaya 

• 8 months later...