Where to go as a side trip from Pattaya... 7 days ??

RR007

This is an old thread that has been resurrected 

But , I had a great time in Hoi An , just 10 minutes outside the city are loads of beach resorts , plus on the full moon each month they have lantern festivals , I did a cycling tour through the countryside a walking tour through the old city and a full day cooking course with Red Bridge ( all beers / wine included whilst cooking / eating )  - but with plenty of time to relax and chill by the pool or on the beach 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Never went to Vung Tau Gary Glitter's old hangout place so put me off a bit.

I think Vietnam is an amazing country to explore and been all over. Might have stated before but Hue is one of the nicest cities on earth for me.

Vitenamese food is so much nicer than Thai for me ........its Monsieur's Thai Spice French  influence on la cuisine. Lovely fusion of French and Asian.

Strong minded independent people the Vietnamese.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Monkey harris said:

just don,t mention the war.

Funnily enough the war is something they are happy to talk to you about as they see it as a victory.  Probably the first country that came into my mind about a side visit when I lived in Thailand. Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi are such great cities and incredibly cheap once the hotel is taken care of. A beach resort is well catered for but maybe trips presently are out the window considering quarantine back in Thailand. So much to see and do and, for me, the Vietnamese are some of the most hospitable peoples in the world.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2