Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

10 hours ago, fforest said:

Beach washout pictures next....

Your wish is my command m8, I thought they had cracked it but it was a big storm early this morning

and IMHO yet another massive fail but a good earn for many I would suspect...lol...Anyway these pics

exclusive to 247.......Start off coming down from Terminal 21 and that lovely paving they laid is getting dug up again

far worse around the bend.....

001.JPG

Here we go, beach washout starting by the Thai Airways office and going south.....

002.JPG

003.JPG

Looks like Rommel and his Africa Corp had been across this part of the beach.......

004.JPG

The top end of the beach was well attended....

005.JPG

006.JPG

• Like 4

Message I sent to Sai (Up Country) at 01:46 this early morning. ( Nong is the Thai lady who lives next door and looks after our house and garden whilst we are away. )

Screenshot_2020-10-10-04-39-39-44.jpg    IMG20201010042925.jpg

The view from our front door at 06:30 today

IMG20201010062533.jpg

IMG20201010073805.jpg

Our Soi doing a good impression of a river!

When this happened two years ago both my dogs caught a fish swimming in the road and Sai went out with a bucket !🤣

IMG20201010073738.jpg

The back garden was looking a bit damp as well.

IMG20201010073921.jpg

By 08:00 the tide was going out and the driveway clear and given a wash down.

IMG20201010075216.jpg

If there is no more heavy rain it will be largely gone by this afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

^^^ Lucky man, most have to pay extra for riverfront property. :default_biggrin:

Glad to hear there was no damage.

BTW, I keep my bicycles stored inside the house. Long term exposure to the moisture in the air outside is not good for the components.

My cycle is a Thai copy of a Chinese knock/off but I do keep it reasonably maintained and it is well covered up when I return "Up Country" :default_biggrin:

This morning was going to be my fourth cycle ride in a row.

Looking at the sea of dark grey cloud that's been around for days now, there must be a vast amount of moisture in the atmosphere, but it only seems to fall on Pattaya in small amounts and often nothing more than drizzle. Where are the rainmaking planes when you need them?

I know, I know, probably doing stunts over a certain hotel in Bavaria, lol.....

• Haha 1

Cool day in spite of the sun, and some northerly breezes. My handyman reckons the cool season is here, at least for the moment. I think the humidity's still too high for that, though. Plus it would be around five or six weeks earlier than usual.