Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

0B0A7680-Pano-Edit.jpg

Not started to rain here on Naklua Road, but one can see where the rain is coming from. Naklua on the left of the picture, Lumpini Condo, Sukhumvit and Bangkok Pattaya Hospital towards the middle, Brighton Grand Hotel towards the right and Terminal 21 on the right.

0B0A7699.jpg

0B0A7698.jpg

0B0A7700.jpg

0B0A7701.jpg

0B0A7702-Edit.jpg

hardly anything mcuh over here BUT, power out all around the lake and on a lot of the DS.  I am fine as we are in the Posh area 🙂   ( right)  luck of the draw but the chayabruk end of the ds has ower too

never seen walking street flood before anyone else?  and with its new drain too, and the ocean just a fling from the st

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

hardly anything mcuh over here BUT, power out all around the lake and on a lot of the DS.  I am fine as we are in the Posh area 🙂   ( right)  luck of the draw but the chayabruk end of the ds has ower too

never seen walking street flood before anyone else?  and with its new drain too, and the ocean just a fling from the st

Yes, many years ago sitting in the old Swiss Chalet, water around our feet........used to be the

2- 3 rd bar ocean side coming in from Beach Road...... 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

Don't recall. I'd reckon though all that roadwork on 2nd Rd., Soi 15 etc. has something to do with it. 

Probably will be rather hellish most places in the Central and South Pattaya area for the remainder of rainy season. Unfortunately from what I recall there is still yet a lot left to this season. 

And every time you have one of those heavy rains it delays the work that much longer. 

Tough situation for the folks trying to make a living in those areas. Unfortunate all that work came at the end of the pandemic. But those types of plans are long in the making I suppose (money in the pipeline, etc). Kind of a double whammy really, when you compound it though almost makes it worse than a double over time. With all of the losses in revenues it's going to take years for funds to recover.

They are going to have to reduce general public services to bone. Then you have additional related societal issue (increase in crime, health issues, etc.) from that. Really isn't a pretty picture when you look at the short, medium and long terms.

I just really wonder how the place recovers. Maybe I'm being too much of a pessimist... but man o man.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, john luke said:

Torrential Rain at the moment.  

0B0A7885.jpg

yes drizzle and showers thru the night, now kicking off again.  we need u out now for up to date photos 🙂  ( pacamacs are cheap )  this strom front has been around us and the capital for hours.

35 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

yes drizzle and showers thru the night, now kicking off again.  we need u out now for up to date photos 🙂  ( pacamacs are cheap )  this strom front has been around us and the capital for hours.

0B0A7108.jpg

I am keen on my photography,   @tommy dee but do not go as far as some. (Taken at the Beach Sports Event over the weekend.)

0B0A7079.jpg