Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Just started hammering down as I was walking to get in my taxi 555

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Rain finally stopped about 70 km from Swampy .. horrendous conditions to drive in .. and some real fcuk wits on the roads 

Have a safe and uneventful flight.

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 2:16 PM, Stillearly said:

Rain finally stopped about 70 km from Swampy .. horrendous conditions to drive in .. and some real fcuk wits on the roads 

My last visit to Patts (a few months back) it was raining like hell. Took a bus to the Jomtien bus stop, taking the last bus out of Swampy.  

About 30 minutes into the drive the bus started to "sputter". Slowed down to about 20 mph.... on a freaking expressway (trucks zooming past, etc.). This back and forth sputtering, slowing down then picking up, then sputtering again went on for about 15 more minutes. I kept my mouth shut, but finally some of the Thai's on board started grumbling.

Eventually the bus pulled over. We waited for about another 20 minutes when another bus came along that we transferred to. Basically on the side of the expressway. 

To say the least I wasn't very pleased, but I was friendly to the driver and his assistant. I felt kind of bad for them because they probably have to deal with that kind of shit on a regular basis.

Happy ending though as we arrived safely. Although it took a normal maybe 1 hour 20 minute trip into about a 4 hour nightmare. 

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

No rain, but it's frcking cold. The strong north wind blowing through the house isn't helping. Closed up the windows and donned socks and a long sleeve shirt as a 2nd layer against the cold.

image.png

Walking street last night...

image.gif

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...