Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

• 3 months later...

I thought I would resurrect this thread.  At the moment it is looking overcast here on the Naklua side of Pattaya and I can hear thunder in the distance. Lightning to the North East.  Any indication of rain in other parts of Pattaya?

D4A70EEE-4941-4A3C-B87A-82D4C409C602.jpeg

46 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Not much rain, but at 14:15 heard a crack of lightning nearby and lost power for over 1 1/2 hours.

I'm guessing that's why the internet at the condo is on a major go slow....

As a positive, the laundry has dried!

8 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Better put your laundry out to dry again, another storm rolling in from the south.

Heavens have just opened here. Had to use phone for internet, as thunder must have knocked the internet out again...

Even the Waterfront is fast disappearing...

15613448588031047619292597495450.jpg

I'm guessing there will be rivers later...

8 minutes ago, Painter said:

Heavens have just opened here. Had to use phone for internet, as thunder must have knocked the internet out again...

Just started her Naklua Road.  

Went down to Beach Road to take some photographs of the paragliders.  Heard thunder so returned to the condo.  

11 minutes ago, Painter said:

10 minutes later.... pity the eyesore wasnt washed away...1561345600617372479204334703426.jpg

• Haha 1

I still have to water all the pots of plants in my garden front and back unless it is really heavy rain overnight.

What is the difference between an "Isolated" T-Storm and a "Scattered" T-Storm?😀

29 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I still have to water all the pots of plants in my garden front and back unless it is really heavy rain overnight.

What is the difference between an "Isolated" T-Storm and a "Scattered" T-Storm?😀

"What is the difference between isolated and scattered thunderstorms when they appear in an area forecast?" - Neil R.

Scott:

"That's one of more frequent questions I get from pilots reading the area forecast (FA) and other NWS forecast discussions.

To better describe the overall threat, forecasters add a qualifying term to the forecast. That includes scattered (SCT) or isolated (ISOL). From a flight perspective, which are worse, scattered thunderstorms or isolated thunderstorms?

Scattered-vs-Isolated2.jpg

If a forecaster mentions scattered thunderstorms, this implies that 30, 40, or 50 percent of the area for which the forecast is valid is expected to experience measurable precipitation (0.01 inch or more) from thunderstorms during the valid time. Isolated, on the other hand, still implies a chance of thunderstorms, but less than 30 percent of the forecast area will receive measurable precipitation from thunderstorms.

Let's look at an example from the Chicago area forecast. The forecaster at the Aviation Weather Center is predicting that the northern two-thirds of Indiana will experience scattered thunderstorms. This means that 30 to 50 percent of this area will likely experience measurable precipitation from thunderstorms.

On the other hand, in the southern third of Indiana, the forecaster is predicting isolated thunderstorms. This implies that the thunderstorms in southern Indiana will be less numerous so that less than 30 percent of the area will experience measurable precipitation from thunderstorms."

Courtesy of: http://iflyamerica.org/safety_difference_between_isolated_scattered_thunderstorms.asp

• Like 1