• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
coxyhog

Cricket World Cup

With the cricket world cup due in a couple of months I thought I'd start a thread.

England & the Windies seem to be in fine fettle striking 47 sixes between them as England won by 29 runs,the most in an ODI.

Both teams broke the old record of sixes (22) in an innings,England with 24 being the new record.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Will be good, the problem is with the ODI format in a one off game anything can happen. England are probably the best team in the world in this format at the moment (certainly their batting is)  but even at home it is a bit of a lottery. It’s our best chance in a long time to win it though......

Pissed off I didn’t get a single ticket even though I basically applied for everything 😡

• Like 1

Great work Coxy. Just what we need for the year....  One Day World Cup and the Ashes of course.

Come on England!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, coxyhog said:

With the cricket world cup due in a couple of months I thought I'd start a thread.

England & the Windies seem to be in fine fettle striking 47 sixes between them as England won by 29 runs,the most in an ODI.

Both teams broke the old record of sixes (22) in an innings,England with 24 being the new record.

In that game Chris Gayle hit his 500th international six.

That is some going.

He once hit 175 off 66 balls in an IPL T20 game.😮

The highest individual score ever in a T20 game.

• Like 2

If I recall correctly from the last match Jos Buttler scored 150 off 77 balls.His 50 came up in 46 and the next hundred took 31.

Agreed Gayle has some power,shame he's retiring after the WC.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Did someone mention the Ashes.....?

bta.jpg

LMFAO😂🤣  We Aussies aren’t much good at ball tampering, keep getting caught. Other teams have perfected the art over the decades 

Edited by Khun Ling

Read a great article today about fast bowlers.It mentioned the former West Indies paceman Sylvester Clarke in a county match.He was bowling at 95mph at the number 11's head.The batsman managed to fend off the first ball and it headed towards a slip fielder.The batsman starts to walk off the pitch.The captain asks him where he was going as the ball fell just short of the fielder.He replies 'that's close enough for me' and walks off the pitch.

When Geoffrey Boycott was asked how he would bat against Clarke he famously replied 'From t'other end'.

😀

• Haha 4

The thing with England is that there is always the possibility of a batting collapse.

All out for 113 after 28.1 overs....

• Thumbs Up 1

Windies polished it off with 115-3 off 12.1 overs.

Chris Gayle a magnificent 77 from 27 deliveries.

2nd T20 England 182. WI 45 all out.England 2 up in 3 match series.

England were 34-4 at one stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Windies 71 all out in 3rd T20....England should win the series 3-0.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Huge demand for tickets. most of the big games sold out ages ago.  I managed to get one for England vs Australia at Lords, far from cheap. £115 for the open stands in front of the media centre. 

The Aussies like sledging...that's good because they are going to be ripped a new one.

These are the 15 mean squads registered as of now for the tournament. Changes can be made to one week before the start of the tournament though...

acdcbbfee40b27cc7a9e316eb8c60574.jpg
a68d0929ea764e3f92bcf2769e0133ff.jpgd65e37cb678e27f641cf9e61071a6627.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can see Archer replacing Plunkett if he has a good ODI series against Pakistan as Plunkett not in the best form currently.

Chris Jordan worth considering for that bowling spot as well.

12 minutes ago, ArtyGraph said:

Untitled-1.jpg

You do realise Geoffrey Boycott don't play anymore?.

😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

You do realise Geoffrey Boycott don't play anymore?.

😀

I'm Scottish!  What did Geoffrey boycott? Cricket or Submarine racing?

Can see Archer replacing Plunkett if he has a good ODI series against Pakistan as Plunkett not in the best form currently.
Chris Jordan worth considering for that bowling spot as well.
Archer is doing pretty well for his franchise in the IPL, though the franchise isn't doing particularly well even though it also has Stokes and Buttler plus good ol' Sandpaper Stevie as it's Captain...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ArtyGraph said:

I'm Scottish!  What did Geoffrey boycott? Cricket or Submarine racing?

You beat us in a one day international last year.😮

That was a shock and a half.😀

Some more tickets went up for sale yesterday, not sure if there is still any left but I managed to bag some for Eng v Pak at Trent Bridge. Other England games were available also, but I couldn’t get hold of friends fast enough to see if they could go.....

• Thumbs Up 1