coxyhog

Cricket World Cup

1 minute ago, KWA said:

I know bugger all about the laws, but played every sport as a kid and seem to recall that when getting run out, if the batsmen had crossed the run was awarded.  NZ did this on the last ball  but didn't get awarded the run.  It might not have made a difference as I think England had the same in the last over of the 50, but is that another rule that changed, or is my memory just screwed up?

You have to make your ground to get the run,the batsmen crossing defines which end the not out man stands for the next ball.

So you would get one run if one man got run out making the second run.

1 minute ago, KWA said:

I know bugger all about the laws, but played every sport as a kid and seem to recall that when getting run out, if the batsmen had crossed the run was awarded.  NZ did this on the last ball  but didn't get awarded the run.  It might not have made a difference as I think England had the same in the last over of the 50, but is that another rule that changed, or is my memory just screwed up?

I fear it's your memory!.... from my days of scoring matches as a teenager the run where they were run out didn't count... i.e., if they were attempting a second run, the first completed run counted, the failed run didn't...

....but my memory could be screwed too..!!

No real surprise its a Australian umpire that as bought this up, its a rule that open to interpretation.   cant handle the fact his precious countryman haven't won without the help of sand paper. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ArtyGraph said:

So it should, disgraceful decision. Robbed the true World Champions of their title. I'm not just saying the because I'm Scottish.  :default_ass:

Liar.  keep dreaming of winning anything significant on the international stage. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ArtyGraph said:

So it should, disgraceful decision. Robbed the true World Champions of their title. I'm not just saying the because I'm Scottish.  :default_ass:

I emailed my Scottish mate in Bangkok today,the last time England were in the WC final,1992,I watched it in his bar in Soi Post Office.....suffice to say he wasn't supporting England.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ukdave51 said:

Liar.  keep dreaming of winning anything significant on the international stage. 

Don't comment on things you know nothing about... I'll let you know I won 7 ping pong balls in a Pattaya AgoGo, they stunk significantly and that was an International Stage.

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Screenshot from 2019-07-16 01:13:22.png

Brilliant!!!! Love this pic from last ball and England win...good on ya India!

Edited by Starshine

If anyone wants to thank the errrr cricketing genius who came up with the fantastic idea of settling a tied Super-Over by counting the total number of boundaries in the game then they can write to Allen Stanford care of the United States Federal Penitentiary in Coleman, Florida, where he currently resides at Uncle Sam's pleasure with just 103 years left to serve 😉

• Haha 1