How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Lanzalad

Do you have a favourite Thai dish..?

12 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Fish ..... beautiful ad so fresh .... garlic, lime, chilli etc ........ 

DSC_0005.jpg

Is that tilapia fish ?

There was a report about farming tilapia fish and it said farmed tilapia is really bad for you.

Something to do with the wrong kind of fish oil it produces when its farmed.

19 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Stir fried red or paenang curry

DFE4558A-0922-4B12-BC0B-746505487506.jpeg

Something like this would go straight thru me... I wouldn't have a chance..

Krapow, surprisingly enough. 

I'll be undating this thread tomorrow with pics of my prawn krapow.

I do love a tamarind duck as well, and crab yellow curry.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Is that tilapia fish ?

There was a report about farming tilapia fish and it said farmed tilapia is really bad for you.

Something to do with the wrong kind of fish oil it produces when its farmed.

100% tilapia straight from the market. Eaten it all over Asia apart from Bangladesh. Prefer it to snakehead fish etc ..... I also like it a tiny bit undercooked as do most chefs (I'm an amateur cook not a chef btw). Most oil is not in the flesh of fish but in the organs including farmed salmon, sea bass etc .......... I could write for hours about the rights and wrongs of farming fish but overall see more positives than negatives .......... JUST !!! I know you like your fish .... thoughts on this be interesting ...!!! 

PS I'm doing a big push on learning Spanish I'm Ok just learned what Lanza means .... Thought it was Aussie Anzac ..... 🍻

5 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

100% tilapia straight from the market. Eaten it all over Asia apart from Bangladesh. Prefer it to snakehead fish etc ..... I also like it a tiny bit undercooked as do most chefs (I'm an amateur cook not a chef btw). Most oil is not in the flesh of fish but in the organs including farmed salmon, sea bass etc .......... I could write for hours about the rights and wrongs of farming fish but overall see more positives than negatives .......... JUST !!! I know you like your fish .... thoughts on this be interesting ...!!! 

PS I'm doing a big push on learning Spanish I'm Ok just learned what Lanza means .... Thought it was Aussie Anzac ..... 🍻

Yes it was just some article on the net I read and I'm sure it was in Thai too .. her in doors said yes I know and i not care.. lol 

I've lost loads of Spanish its one of them things you need to be doing day to day which i was.. most days i'd be on the phone making orders and chatting to suppliers and workers all in Spanish.. 

I do test my self and watch Spanish TV and or movies and I know i've loads missing to what i once know.

Its like raking your brain when trying to remember words..

Here's a good tip learn the alphabet inside out first and your numbers then days of the weeks and months before trying to learn anything else.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

YHere's a good tip learn the alphabet inside out first and your numbers then days of the weeks and months before trying to learn anything else.

Can do all of that in my sleep got masses of vocabulary in Spanish and even better Italian. Understand around 80% even when spoken quickly .....

speaking not really apart from in restaurants.

Speak pretty good Thai and Isaan Lao and understand around 50% of what is said. Read and write Thai gave up !!!!!!!! Honestly true ....... could not master it.

Steelers for Life who joined here lovely American guy only other falang I have met who is good at Thai. Tommy Dee speaks good MOThaigibberish 😎

He struggles with English does Simon Dee ........ 

So Spanish ........ Lanza its the Grammar. there is no Grammar in Thai its tonal and context.

Spanish grammars is easier than  German ... but complex ....... but why oh why oh why was I not taught languages as a child. Different era .......

21 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Yes it was just some article on the net I read and I'm sure it was in Thai too .. her in doors said yes I know and i not care.. lol 

xD

Second favourite Thai food ...... Mr Suckling Pig on the barbie .......

was up country in rural Cuba near Holguin once and best crackling ever but Thais pretty close second.

Cost me 3,500 Baht ......... lads it was awesome. Most of myJ London Jewish mates eat bacon but won't eat shellfish .......... oy vey ..........happy days on this forum oh my Buddha !!

DSCN1666.jpg

Edited by nampla69

10 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Cost me 3,500 Baht ......... lads it was awesome. Most of myJ London Jewish mates eat bacon but won't eat shellfish .......... oy vey ..........happy days on this forum oh my Buddha !!

Aye, forgot myself yesterday, forgot to buy prawns at Ridley market for my weekend krapow. Was up in Stamford Hill when I remembered, walked into a Jewish fishmongers asked for half a kilo of prawns, got some strange looks xD

Had dinner Wednesday night my oldest mate in the world minted Jewish New Yorker.  You order Nampla .........

I ordered Sardinian shared platter for two ( salami, prosciutto, prawns etc  ........) .......... that went well NOT ...he ate the olives, yoghurt and bread.

OK main .... house special tagliatelii with bottarga and white crab meat  .............. he ate the tagliatelle and gave me the seafood.

Sod it took him to the last Irish rough pub in London and had 2 pints of Guinness chatted to all the locals ......... sod the food.

Feck Corbyn I like the old 4 be 2s ........ always have. 😃😃  🍀 

Seamus O'Israel 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

For me it has to be chicken and cashew

11164594_10153251474506672_7489546595383526041_o.jpg

Whats yours

8 hours ago, al mac said:

fried beef and oyster sauce.

8 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Fish ..... beautiful ad so fresh .... garlic, lime, chilli etc ........ 

DSC_0005.jpg

The 3 above are part of it.

9 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Had dinner Wednesday night my oldest mate in the world minted Jewish New Yorker.  You order Nampla .........

I ordered Sardinian shared platter for two ( salami, prosciutto, prawns etc  ........) .......... that went well NOT ...he ate the olives, yoghurt and bread.

OK main .... house special tagliatelii with bottarga and white crab meat  .............. he ate the tagliatelle and gave me the seafood.

Sod it took him to the last Irish rough pub in London and had 2 pints of Guinness chatted to all the locals ......... sod the food.

Feck Corbyn I like the old 4 be 2s ........ always have. 😃😃  🍀 

Seamus O'Israel 

Reminds me a mate in Thailand asked me to bring him some pork pies so I was going to meet him at golf but he never showed so we get a American guy that plays in our group so I had half a  inkling he was a 4 by 2 so I get the pork pies out at the first drink stop so me and my mate are tucking in and I offered him one and he started tucking I and said these are great what kind of meat is this pork I replied he spat the lot out and said i can't eat that much to our enjoyment 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, nadia said:

Reminds me a mate in Thailand asked me to bring him some pork pies so I was going to meet him at golf but he never showed so we get a American guy that plays in our group so I had half a  inkling he was a 4 by 2 so I get the pork pies out at the first drink stop so me and my mate are tucking in and I offered him one and he started tucking I and said these are great what kind of meat is this pork I replied he spat the lot out and said i can't eat that much to our enjoyment 

You're a very naughty boy Aidan xD

8 hours ago, matthewh said:

a nice green curry.

11351126_958381944192955_5001048925840130742_n.thumb.jpg.dc4814207143e94e4a79cda631dcbf08.jpg

My favourite as well,although i do love the whole fresh fish like Nampla posted.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this