TransferWise - Wise (Threads Merged)

Stillearly

18 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

44 Today ......55 Tomorrow...Who dares to dream!

A trip down memory lane.

British Pound / Thai Baht Historical Reference Rates from Bank of England for 2005

image.png

Then the rot set in and it's been downhill ever since.

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have lived here since '96. All I am willing to say is that from my personal perspective the 1997 crash was fantastic to live through !!

I remember thinking that I was only paying £14 a night for my hotel and the same for LT ..

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I remember thinking that I was only paying £14 a night for my hotel and the same for LT ..

Well least hotels havent gone up as much 😅,ive never seen over 56/57,,bet in those days of the crash lots of houses ect were bought,know a guy had 1 in phucket and 1 in pattaya around that time,must have been great.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, fygjam said:

A trip down memory lane.

British Pound / Thai Baht Historical Reference Rates from Bank of England for 2005

image.png

Then the rot set in and it's been downhill ever since.

January 2004 or 2005 was my first trip and it was similar then. 
£15 a night in the Eastiny Place Soi 8 and the same for overnight company even with booze and food it was pretty much all in at £70 a day for me. 
flight at £650gbp but bring back the cigarettes and flight paid for 

I think a two week holiday hitting it reasonably hard was £1500. The fag sales really being a huge benefit ( until caught by customers on trip # 6) plus the great exchange rate.

happy times and great memories 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep, that's when I started visiting whilst I was working in PRC on shit loads of money. At the time I didn't know or care what the exchange rate was...

My salary wasn't that great back then , but similar I didn't even think about the rate until the Asian Currency Crisis 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

My salary wasn't that great back then , but similar I didn't even think about the rate until the Asian Currency Crisis 

I will shamelessly say that my record was 32,000 quid in one month, and for 2 years it never went below 16,000 quid a month but was normally much more.........And then came my first divorce .......

• Confused 1
  • Surprised 3

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I will shamelessly say that my record was 32,000 quid in one month, and for 2 years it never went below 16,000 quid a month but was normally much more.........And then came my first divorce .......

That's some serious wonger back then. No wonder you have had a great time.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Feck me!!!! 

Peice work rates for overtime in Yaaakshire in the footwear trade were a lot better than over the border to gods country Lancashire. Who'd have thought vulcanised slippers could pay so much!!! 😃

• Haha 1

On 10/28/2022 at 2:43 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Finally I have had success!

Oh my Fucking Buddha !!

Why did I say that I had success?

I've just tried doing a transfer using my TSB Mastercard and now it lists about 12 phone numbers as options to choose to receive my OTP.... all of which are obscured my fucking xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx fucking xxxxxxxxxx !!!!

I tried counting the xxxxes... and I knew the new AIS numbers that I had added... but it still didn't work!

I hate TSB and their untested upgrades!

No problem though, I shall just wait until my pension is paid in and I will act as a normal human being and do a bank transfer as dictated by TSB S/W Engineers...

In the meantime me and The Cat will be offering sexual favours on Beach Road... For the cheapest option it is better that your willy smells of fish!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Haha 4

Regarding my problems not being able to receive OTPs from TSB Mastercard for use with Wise...

I have received an email from TSB admitting that it was a "System Error" and they have sent me 50 quid (which is showing on my account already)

I replied to say "Thanks for all the fish" but they needed to clean up TSB Mastercard first.

Maybe I'll get another 50 quid !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...