TransferWise - Wise (Threads Merged)

Stillearly

2 minutes ago, KWA said:

It was originally scheduled to be a holiday when most calendars etc were being printed, but got changed to Friday 8th to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day.

Thanks for that, i'm glad i said i could be wrong or was i according to my calendar lol

Apologies to Stillearly

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 1

I just had a look on TW and it's quoting Barclays as being the cheapest to transfer £1,000 into THB. It has a little i widget that tells you if you click on it that they're always honest and want you to know that in this case they're not the cheapest. OK, so unlike TW, Barclays UK don't charge any fees for an online transfer, but as far as I'm aware you've no way of locking in the current exchange rate like you do with TW, and the rate you get will be whatever it is on Monday when they make the transfer. Anybody know better than me how this works?

TW.jpg

5 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I just had a look on TW and it's quoting Barclays as being the cheapest to transfer £1,000 into THB. It has a little i widget that tells you if you click on it that they're always honest and want you to know that in this case they're not the cheapest. OK, so unlike TW, Barclays UK don't charge any fees for an online transfer, but as far as I'm aware you've no way of locking in the current exchange rate like you do with TW, and the rate you get will be whatever it is on Monday when they make the transfer. Anybody know better than me how this works?

TW.jpg

Can't see how that could be correct , must be an error from Barclays , market rate is 40.6 , why would they give 42.73 with no fee ..... ? 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've only just found the convert option on TW. 

So I've immediately converted 2Kish Euro for a net conversion rate after fees of 35,17. 

Not sure whether its the absolute best out there but it sure is handy. 

2 hours ago, Esco said:

I've only just found the convert option on TW. 

So I've immediately converted 2Kish Euro for a net conversion rate after fees of 35,17. 

Not sure whether its the absolute best out there but it sure is handy. 

I use TW to send money to my Thai bank, what do you mean by the ''convert' option please?

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

I use TW to send money to my Thai bank, what do you mean by the ''convert' option please?

You convert within TW and keep your money in there instead of sending it immediately to Thailand. 

• Great Info 1

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Thank you.

Why would that be of a benefit?

You lock in a good exchange rate now while your money stays locally until you decide to send to Thailand as needed. Handy for when you frequently send money to family or are sponsoring a bird 😉

• Great Info 2

3 hours ago, Esco said:

You lock in a good exchange rate now while your money stays locally until you decide to send to Thailand as needed. Handy for when you frequently send money to family or are sponsoring a bird 😉

Yep...... that is why you have to cancel it at the very end if you don't confirm. It locks you in. Clever sods them Estonians..... 

4 hours ago, Esco said:

Ok cool, no benefit to me then.  LOL.

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Strange things are happening.............

I can't delete/amend the amount to transfer, is/has anybody else experiencing the problem ?

No problem at this end, mate, though the rate has dropped below 44 again after their commission is deducted. I should have transferred it yesterday evening and got 44.3 net. :kickingself:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Strange things are happening.............

I can't delete/amend the amount to transfer, is/has anybody else experiencing the problem ?

I transferred some money using Wise within last 48 hours and had no problems. I prefer to use the app on my iphone which then allows payment using Apple Pay;  I find this more convenient than having to log in on websites etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i got it deleting by using "backspace" at the suggestion from a TVF BM.

How bizzare !!!

You could also try selecting the number you want to change using your mouse and then simply type the new number, which should overwrite the old one.

49 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

You could also try selecting the number you want to change using your mouse and then simply type the new number, which should overwrite the old one.

Thanks, just tried and yes i can type the new number but the old number is still there, it won't delete.

• Confused 1

On 6/26/2021 at 12:03 PM, nampla69 said:

It varies in speed but no problem. Been invited to buy shares in the new Wise ...expressed interest ??     I think the young Estonian lads have a good product.

Wait until Ripple kicks the SEC's Ass over their corrupt court case, if Wise don't adopt XRP it they might get superseded. You'd be better buying XRP shares while they're cheap

• Great Info 1

As a new customer to Wise today I armed myself with a very nice photo of me holding up my Passport only to be disappointed that they never asked me to send it to them.

Maybe sending a whole 380 baht to pay my HDPrime subscription is not considered a major security risk. 🤣

• Haha 3

• 6 months later...