Yessongs

Any " House Of The Rising Sun" fans here?

Geez.....I get some free time, like going around You tube and finding " gems"  I like this guys version and sent it to my Son. 

I guess I am showing my age huh? :default_crybaby:

That Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 is just the Guitar for this solo.....yowza! 

"My mother was a tailor, she sewed my new blue jeans, my father was a gambling man.................. down in New Orleans" 

Edited by Yessongs

Nice ....

Really enjoy this kind of stuff.

Reminds me how I need to pull my lazy head out of my ass and pick up an electric guitar. I need to pull out of this funk I'm in and start doing something more than staring at this fucking computer.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nice, but a bit like Hotel California... after hearing it 1,000 times it becomes a bit boring.

Note : Our french rock idol Johnny Hallyday made a french version of the song, called "le penitancier"

In those days it was pretty usual to "frenchise" English songs.

32 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Nice, but a bit like Hotel California... after hearing it 1,000 times it becomes a bit boring.

Note : Our french rock idol Johnny Hallyday made a french version of the song, called "le penitancier"

In those days it was pretty usual to "frenchise" English songs.

A bit?  LOL

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

A true story.

I was about 16 or 17, certainly still at School, and going through a period when we used to "gate crash" parties in the Finchley/Muswell Hill/North London area.

I had overcome my extended shy period and was now full throttle ahead in trying to get into the knickers of any girl with tits. Very low success rate but the trying was fun.

Anyway, met this girl at a party in Muswell Hill who insisted on taking me to a club in Finsbury Park. She must have paid because my sole income came from two paper rounds.

She said we were going to see a band I had vaguely heard of called The Animals which did not apeal much especially as the Club did not open until 11pm and I was wondering how I would get back to Highgate Village in the middle of the night.

They were good, really good and particularly the singer called Eric. About halfway through their set Eric announced that they were going to do a song that would be released as their next single called "House of the Rising Sun". That was the first time I heard that song and it turned out to be a 20 minute extended version which played in a relatively small venue was amazing.

I think there was a longish period, maybe 6 months, between me hearing House of The Rising Sun for the first time and the single actually being released.

I went onto very many live concerts/performances in clubs all over London but that was the only time I saw The Animals live but  it made a lasting impression.

Never saw the girl again either. I doubt if she was too impressed with having to pay. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

great band, ripped off from the start and even from within.  happened so often inthose days, and probably today too but less so

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lantern said:

My favourite version.

Brilliant.

For a year my canal boat was moored close to his sometimes partner in crime Wild Willy Barrett. Lovely bloke, lived on a big purple boat with several cats.

• Like 1

Alot of good versions out there, this girl should have won "American Idol" back in 2011........but of course, I am sucker for a pretty girl that can sing too. 😄

I've got a PRS SE Custom 24 (2014)

I love it. So versatile. Great Humbuckers but also has a coil tape switch so you can get those single coil Fender sounds. I have a lot of guitars, too many perhaps, but the PRS is the one I play most 

too many guitars.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

so, for the rest of the story:  when they had finished recording the band was leaving, a girl was filling in the peperwork.  the author of this song is unknown as its a traditional ballad.  "alan I cant leave writer blank I need a name, any name"  " ok put mine".  and so it is that he is the only one who ever made or makes a dime from the song, and doesnt share it.  Thats Mr. Price.

then their then manager ripped them off too,  most ended up potless

Just now, tommy dee said:

so, for the rest of the story:  when they had finished recording the band was leaving, a girl was filling in the peperwork.  the author of this song is unknown as its a traditional ballad.  "alan I cant leave writer blank I need a name, any name"  " ok put mine".  and so it is that he is the only one who ever made or makes a dime from the song, and doesnt share it.  Thats Mr. Price.

then their then manager ripped them off too,  most ended up potless. one of them went on to manage Slade.. who didnt make much from their own work ( except writing) either

5 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I've got a PRS SE Custom 24 (2014)

I love it. So versatile. Great Humbuckers but also has a coil tape switch so you can get those single coil Fender sounds. I have a lot of guitars, too many perhaps, but the PRS is the one I play most 

too many guitars.jpg

Nice buddy, can I pick your brain a bit here, my Son plays, is good, is still learning, but both he and I are always on the "look out" for a new axe right?  He has a Stratocaster, Les Paul, Ibanez, Schecter, Jackson and an Epiphone. I bought him the Ibanez and Schecter in Bangkok and I bought him The Marshall here localy. He already had the Boss Katana 100W amp.

I am thinking the PRS 24 like you have has to be the next purchase.......even though he favors playing "Rock material" I am sure you know many say, the PRS Guitars are not really that type of Guitar, as in to play rock music. I disagree.  In the $750-$1,000 USA price range, that particular PRS fits " both" of our budgets.

Your thoughts...

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1692.JPG

He has plenty to be going on with, but the PRS SE 24 has loads of guts for rock music. Now, I was in a music store last week and they have brought out a new PRS SE Standard for about £475 in 5 colours.

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/prs-2018-se-standard-24-vintage-cherry?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvJfcyYPz4AIVirftCh01rgiZEAQYASABEgI3aPD_BwE

I checked a couple out and they were fantastic. Great finish and play straight out of the box. The pickups are the same standard as the Korean and US models. I was amazed at the quality and the neck and they have a push pull coil tap for the the tone control. The Pots (volume and tone controls) are very sensitive through the range, so great for playing live.  I should be a salesman for Paul Reed Smith 😁  I use Ernie Ball Super Slinkys on mine and the bend and sustain is brilliant.  Sounds even better through a valve amp. 

PRS Guitars, especially the SEs and CEs are (IMO) one of the most versatile guitars made, and whether you are a starter or a pro, they are a must to have.  The Carlos Santana model is good too, if you can pick one up on the second hand market. 

I have Gibson and Fender and Gretsch guitars, but I play the PRS most of the time

Has you son got any effects peddles ? I quite like the Schecters too, great finish on the wood 

Next time you go into a Bangkok Guitar store, check out the Jack Thammarat signature Yamaha. You cant buy them anywhere else at the moment, I dont think, but I have played something similar and they are great 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:28 AM, Yessongs said:

Geez.....I get some free time, like going around You tube and finding " gems"  I like this guys version and sent it to my Son. 

I guess I am showing my age huh? :default_crybaby:

That Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 is just the Guitar for this solo.....yowza! 

"My mother was a tailor, she sewed my new blue jeans, my father was a gambling man.................. down in New Orleans" 

THATS A SCORPION SONG ? still loving you 

Edited by nadia

1 hour ago, nadia said:

THATS A SCORPION SONG ? still loving you 

House of the Rising Stadium ....... that's a Chas and Dave song ....... due to be released 2021 allegedly. :default_drinks:

1 minute ago, nampla69 said:

House of the Rising Stadium ....... that's a Chas and Dave song ....... due to be released 2021 allegedly. :default_drinks:

Got you pikies at the Nike stadium should be interesting 

7 minutes ago, nadia said:

Got you pikies at the Nike stadium should be interesting 

I'll wear me Adidas and my

'f**k me Moses and the Jewish slaves built the pyramids quicker than this gaffe'     T-shirt'

Should have gone to Murphy's or McAlpines :default_gathering:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Nightcrawler Really appreciate your inputs here,  yeah here at the local Guitar Center where I am at,  they have the PRS standard 24, $499 USA, beautiful for sure, love the blue color. Might be the next purchase, but like you said, there are plenty of used Guitars here on Craigslist etc. that are worth a look too. Yeah he has a few effect pedals too, so many options you know out there. Geez...some of these Guitars are just phenemonal for the price really. You like the Ernie Ball strings, have seen others saying that when they got their PRS, they had Di addarios or some other strings put on it and it was even better? I like the ones that come stock with it. 

So you use a valve amp?  Vox perhaps?  Good choice. 

Have not seen any Yamahas here at all....thanks for the video and the Thammarat model is a good one huh? 

The link below is where I bought him his Ibanez and Schecter in Bangkok, then brought it here to him in USA. The guys here are cool, speak good English and do not try to "upsell" you at all. They have a ton of gear here and no tax or VAT, the price on the Guitar is the price you pay and for my 2 purchases, they throw in a hardshell case with the deal which for me is a must, since I have to take it on the plane with me. 

https://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS/SE-Standard-24-Electric-Guitar.gc

http://www.ctmusicshop.com/store/

"House of the Rising Sun" has always been a favorite of mine. It's among the 50 songs which have been covered the most by different artists or bands. The version by The Animals remains the definitive and most popular one.

The House of the Rising Sun is generally thought to be a brothel, but researchers say it might instead point to a 19th-century New Orleans prison which had the French "rising sun" symbol above its entrance.

Capturewqw.JPG.3540050a1186b0c4524f30b6546ac3c8.JPG

This early version by Lead Belly (called "In New Orleans") lends some credence to that explanation, as the lyrics seem to describe a prison rather than brothel experience.

• Like 1