Let's have a laugh at the scam emails we are sent

Bazle

Dear  

I've been looking for you!

This is because since you made a prayer recently?

The Higher Powers asked me to pass this to you! (Link removed - bitcoin scam)

And I have been trying to connect with you for a
long time. This will help you tide through the troubles
you are facing right now.

Your life will be changed in magical ways...
experiencing everlasting peace and harmony

See what The Higher Powers have prepared for you (Link removed - bitcoin scam)

To Your Success,
Steve J

48 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Don't any of you that have received any of these messages have any filters on your email address, or spam email blockers or .. I could name another 10 things .... or anything preventing these blatant emails ?

Unless you don't mind having your email address flooded with this bullshit

Of course. The one above was fished out from the spam folder on a non-personal throw-away mail.

As a slightly off-topic aside, there are web communities who are dedicated to "scambaiting" these people.  They lead them on and try to entice them into doing stupid things like sending pictures of themselves.  The better scam baits induce scammers to travel to "arranged" meetings with the baiters, and even persuade them to give up bank account numbers the baiters then report to the banks to get disabled.

An example of a scambaiting website:  https://www.419eater.com/  The last time I read this site ( a few years ago admittedly), some of the stuff on there was laugh-out-loud funny.  Check it out, it's worth the click.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Don't any of you that have received any of these messages have any filters on your email address, or spam email blockers or .. I could name another 10 things .... or anything preventing these blatant emails ?

Unless you don't mind having your email address flooded with this bullshit

My service provider filters them to a folder called "Spam" and my email client filters them to a folder called "Junk E-mail".  I can go to these locations and open them if I choose.  My Inbox where regular messages go is never "flooded with this bullshit".

I don't know why anyone would think or do otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Of course. The one above was fished out from the spam folder on a non-personal throw-away mail.

3 hours ago, KWA said:

My service provider filters them to a folder called "Spam" and my email client filters them to a folder called "Junk E-mail".  I can go to these locations and open them if I choose.  My Inbox where regular messages go is never "flooded with this bullshit".

I don't know why anyone would think or do otherwise.

Even in my spam or junk folder "in box" I never receive that shit.

They probably dont like me....😫😫😫😫

Just the usual advertising crap, and notifications from the forums.... hahaha

14 hours ago, Esco said:

Here's a new phishing email I got today. 

I'd imagine plenty of folks fall for this, update their payment info and get their money stolen. 

Be careful out there because it can happen to anyone. 

Screenshot_20200119-073313_Outlook.jpg

I’ve had one of those just before Christmas. I do use Amazon for online shopping, but have never signed up to Amazon Prime! and I always pay by PayPal, so it went into the Scam bin.

Have to say, that one is well laid out and the English and spelling are correct, but they ain’t getting my money. 😡

40 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Have to say, that one is well laid out and the English and spelling are correct, but they ain’t getting my money. 

Have another look! 

Capital letters missing or used when they shouldn't be, "memebership". 

15 hours ago, Esco said:

Here's a new phishing email I got today. 

I'd imagine plenty of folks fall for this, update their payment info and get their money stolen. 

Be careful out there because it can happen to anyone. 

Screenshot_20200119-073313_Outlook.jpg

Why do I see Dutch?

9 hours ago, Bazle said:

Have another look! 

Capital letters missing or used when they shouldn't be, "memebership". 

9 hours ago, KhunDon said:

I should have gone to Specsavers. 🤣

Yep that's what they train us on at work frequently, sending bogus emails and up to us to spot the phishing signs. 

"Your scheduled a payment" also doesn't sound like the queen's English to me but I agree it looks pretty professional and will catch a few folks off guard I'm sure. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Esco said:

Je mag 1 keer raden. 

Omdat je op een Nederlands ingesteld systeem werkt, kan ik totaal niet tegen.

Ooops, English translation (I automatically reply in the same language if possible):

Because you are working on a system which is set to work in Dutch, something I really can't stand (because of bad translations).

Edited by Freee!!

2 hours ago, Freee!! said:

Omdat je op een Nederlands ingesteld systeem werkt, kan ik totaal niet tegen.

Ooops, English translation (I automatically reply in the same language if possible):

Because you are working on a system which is set to work in Dutch, something I really can't stand (because of bad translations).

It's Hotmail now Outlook..  no big deal. 

• Like 1

Hello ,Sir I write to inform you that we’ve been mandated by the central bank of Asia in conjunction with the Malaysia government and the finance control department to release your long withheld funds .

The Sum of Six Million five hundred thousand United States dollars is in our system and it will be transferred to you once you responded to this email.

Regards
Cole McCane
Information Desk
Asia Funds Transfer Regulatory
Department.

• Haha 2

I am writing you this email to seek your cooperation and partnership in a business that would benefit us immensely.

I would like to name you as the beneficiary to my late client's fund who died along with his next-of-kin during a summer vacation in the Middle East.

I shall offer you 50 percent of the fund, and you will be in custody of my intended investment in your country with my share.

Do reply for details.

Regards

Arthur Alan

The bastard...!

I am writing you this email to seek your cooperation and partnership in a business that would benefit us immensely.

I would like to name you as the beneficiary to my late client's fund who died along with his next-of-kin during a summer vacation in the Middle East.

I shall offer you 50 percent of the fund, and you will be in custody of my intended investment in your country with my share.

Do reply for details.

Regards

Arthur Alan

I do hope my 50% isn't 50% of your 50%, @KWA....

2 hours ago, KWA said:

I am writing you this email to seek your cooperation and partnership in a business that would benefit us immensely.

Do reply for details.

Regards

Arthur Alan

1 hour ago, Painter said:

The bastard...!

I am writing you this email to seek your cooperation and partnership in a business that would benefit us immensely.

Do reply for details.

Regards

Arthur Alan

I do hope my 50% isn't 50% of your 50%, @KWA....

I wonder if there are any Secrets shares in the fund?

22 hours ago, john luke said:

I wonder if there are any Secrets shares in the fund?

I wonder where one spammer would get both mine and painter's email addresses from.  We do have a couple of Thai forums in common.

Dear friend.

I Mr Ibrahim Mubarak, an Active Banker, I saw your email address while browsing through the bank DTC Screen in my office, so i decided to use this very chance to know you more I have deal of ($18.3Million dollars) to transfer into your account, if you are interested get back to me for more details.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Your Sincerely
Mr Ibrahim Mubarak