How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Golfingboy

The right way to go out

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Great way to go. I can see in the future this, through choice, can become the norm for people with incurable diseases who don't want to be a burden to their family.

I'd certainly take that option. I've always said to my kids that if I get to the point where I'm mentally screwed, dribbling and shitting myself to just put me down.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Great way to go. I can see in the future this, through choice, can become the norm for people with incurable diseases who don't want to be a burden to their family.

I'd certainly take that option. I've always said to my kids that if I get to the point where I'm mentally screwed, dribbling and shitting myself to just put me down.

If only it was that easy, my old mum 89 years with no quality of life, would welcome this option, and I understand her, horrible existence, just wants to go be with my dad who died 7 years ago

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Love that he went out to Stairway to Heaven.

Highway To Hell would probably be appropriate for me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

A bit different but same same...my fav, always requested to the DJ in Superstar, Patpong.

Chris Rea, The road to hell.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd definately want that AC/DC song played at my funeral.I think a little light hearted banter is good as funeral's are depressing enough as it is.

I mean,if you played REM's 'Everybody Hurts' for example you would have people jumping in the grave with you.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Britboy said:

If you'd been on the booze with me you'd have past that point.:default_beer:

Take me to the top of Soi 6 in a wheelchair (Back in a time machine to 15 years ago) let the brake off and let it go. Knowing my luck I'd hit a hole in the street and end up turning into the Pook bar.

Edited by farangme
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, farangme said:

If you'd been on the booze with me you'd have past that point.:default_beer:

Take me to the top of Soi 6 in a wheelchair (Back in a time machine to 15 years ago) let the brake off and let it go. Knowing my luck I'd hit a hole in the street and end up turning into the Pook bar.

Buggered to death,its how he would have wanted to go.

52 minutes ago, Britboy said:

if I get to the point where I'm mentally screwed, dribbling and shitting myself to just put me down.

If you read my alcoholism thread you will see i am pretty much like that now.

41 minutes ago, Baldylocks said:

If only it was that easy, my old mum 89 years with no quality of life, would welcome this option, and I understand her, horrible existence, just wants to go be with my dad who died 7 years ago

I'm in the same position, my mum is 93 and struggling both mentally and physically. She lives about 100 miles from me, I go to see her regularly and the first thing she always says is "I don't want to be here".

Luckily she's still at home, lives in an old coach house and there's a care home 100 yards away. I've done a deal with them that they go to her house every morning to check on her, makes sure she's up and about, gets her showered, etc. and cleaners come in once a week as she does zero to clean things, wash up.

Trouble is she thinks she can do more than she physically can and has fallen a couple of times in the last 12 months, breaking a wrist and cracking ribs. But she wants to maintain her independence. Catch 22 and so difficult to know what's best to do. It would finish her if she went into the home full time.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

If you read my alcoholism thread you will see i am pretty much like that now.

I did and good for you for what you're doing. Hats off to you and I wish you all the best with it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Britboy said:

I did and good for you for what you're doing. Hats off to you and I wish you all the best with it.

Cheers mate,appreciate the support.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

One of my two favourite AC/DC songs, along with Rock n Roll Train . . . 

I think I'll ask for Deep Purple's Child in Time. I love the song and it always used to wind my daughter up as Gillan screamed the top A notes. Awesome vocalist in his youth.

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

I'd definately want that AC/DC song played at my funeral.I think a little light hearted banter is good as funeral's are depressing enough as it is.

I mean,if you played REM's 'Everybody Hurts' for example you would have people jumping in the grave with you.

We played ‘Bare necessities of life’ from the jungle book at my mums funeral as we followed the coffin out of the funeral parlour, it was her favourite song. About half the people there started singing it and it really took the edge of a horrible day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Very proud of Canada to be able to offer this.

Being able to make the decision,and go out on your own terms,is something that should be afforded to everyone.

Everyone deserves dignity.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this