Jump to content
Smiler

Refused Entry

Recommended Posts

Crossing the border at Nong Khai a couple of times a week, I saw many refused entry into Thailand. Never seen it at Swampy though.

Facebook friend just posted she saw some Canadian (not sure how she knows he is from Canada) guy led away shouting he "served his time" at Swampy this morning, made quite a scene apparently.

Anyone know exactly what happens at an airport if you are refused entry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Crossing the border at Nong Khai a couple of times a week, I saw many refused entry into Thailand. Never seen it at Swampy though.

Facebook friend just posted she saw some Canadian (not sure how she knows he is from Canada) guy led away shouting he "served his time" at Swampy this morning, made quite a scene apparently.

Anyone know exactly what happens at an airport if you are refused entry?

Get deported on the same flight you arrived on, if it's going back, at their cost. That's why the airlines are so hot on checking entry details.

Happened to me before, though many years ago and not Thailand 😇

  • Great Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Get deported on the same flight you arrived on, if it's going back, at their cost. That's why the airlines are so hot on checking entry details.

Happened to me before, though many years ago and not Thailand 😇

That must have been a shit honeymoon 🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Krapow said:

Get deported on the same flight you arrived on, if it's going back, at their cost. That's why the airlines are so hot on checking entry details.

Happened to me before, though many years ago and not Thailand 😇

Good, we don't want the likes of you up here in Glasgow. Thank feck for Hadrian's wall.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tommy dee said:

land crossing must always have 20K baht in cash with you..  hapnes a lot, they wont let u in

 

Apparently you need the 20K at airport as well. A 'digital nomad' got refused entry recently at swampy for the same reason. 

  • Great Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Esco said:

Apparently you need the 20K at airport as well. A 'digital nomad' got refused entry recently at swampy for the same reason. 

I never cross border without at least 3 large on me as back up even if I am using Thai Bank cash but have seen an Indian guy being led poilitely away and as I was next in queue so could hear most of the animated discussion over the 20k issue. I think guys do indeed take a chance relying on cards solely when it takes just one nibble by Immigration to give you a bad day because as far as I know there are no ATM's airside to rectify the issue (happy to be corrected but am sure there is not)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very likely the guys to who it happened had a serie of back to back visas, or a serie of visa runs stamps in their passport.

Thailand already made clear they declared a war on this.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Very likely the guys to who it happened had a serie of back to back visas, or a serie of visa runs stamps in their passport.

Thailand already made clear they declared a war on this.

 

Yes, and they catch you on a technicality like 20k baht cash. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RR007 said:

I never cross border without at least 3 large on me as back up even if I am using Thai Bank cash but have seen an Indian guy being led poilitely away and as I was next in queue so could hear most of the animated discussion over the 20k issue. I think guys do indeed take a chance relying on cards solely when it takes just one nibble by Immigration to give you a bad day because as far as I know there are no ATM's airside to rectify the issue (happy to be corrected but am sure there is not)

There are one or two ATMs airside ........ not sure if they give you a chance to use them however ? ...I would imagine they do but not sure ...... + because the £ is so shite these days some ATMs won't let you take out 20K in one hit so costly mistake.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...