• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
karon steve

No Alcohol Days

When there is a ban on selling alcohol as today and next weekend would the following be allowed? Would proprietors allow it?

I go to a restaurant at 17.30 order a meal to be served at 20.00, I also order X bottles of wine which are delivered to my table all of which I pay for before 18.00. Am I allowed to sit and drink the wine in the restaurant after 18.00? Choose any permutation of location and booze that you like.

I go to a bar with X bottles of beer of a brand or size which the bar does not sell. I have a receipt dated and timed before 18.00 from the store where I bought it. Can I sit and drink them in the bar?

These are purely rhetorical questions as I am sat in my bungalow with a very well stocked fridge waiting for the 6 Nations to start and I'm bored.

The ban ends at 6pm so there would be no reason why you cannot drink after that hour.... not sure they will actually serve you before that however as you do not state high end restaurant who will be sticklers for the law or a hole in the wall joint that may not give a shit.

What bar lets you bring your own beer and let you sit there and drink it, regardless of alcohol bans or not ?

Edited by Sir_Fondles
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, karon steve said:

When there is a ban on selling alcohol as today and next weekend would the following be allowed? Would proprietors allow it?

I go to a restaurant at 17.30 order a meal to be served at 20.00, I also order X bottles of wine which are delivered to my table all of which I pay for before 18.00. Am I allowed to sit and drink the wine in the restaurant after 18.00? Choose any permutation of location and booze that you like.

I go to a bar with X bottles of beer of a brand or size which the bar does not sell. I have a receipt dated and timed before 18.00 from the store where I bought it. Can I sit and drink them in the bar?

These are purely rhetorical questions as I am sat in my bungalow with a very well stocked fridge waiting for the 6 Nations to start and I'm bored.

Why would a business risk the wrath of the BiB?

Just not worth it, easier all round to just obey the spirit of the law as well as the detail.

Just around town last night the BB's, Beach Road, Soi 6 all the other places I past closed up at 6pm went dark everyone off the premises.

As you indicate most people have put in place alternatives to have a drink.

For some reason I tend to drink more when there are restrictions on alcohol sales.

Edited by Zeb

8 hours ago, Zeb said:

Why would a business risk the wrath of the BiB?

what if the business is owned by the BiB?

In the past there's always been a gogo or two open during the dry days..... but I couldn't spot a single one on Walking Street and adjacent sois last night....

maybe next weekend when the ban covers 1.5 working days some places will open earlier than the law specifies...  

15 hours ago, Stillearly said:

They were serving much earlier than six on the Six ... 😉

I got there just on 6 pm last night and many punters seem to arrive about that time or within the time it took me to finish my first beer.

The Soi came to life pretty quickly 🙂

Everything just needs to be not in view of streets.

Elections bars worry as it's not bib enforcing- could be army or not the regular bib.