How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
karon steve

Baguettes

Big C Extra on Central Road (Pattaya Klang) sell the best baguettes I have ever had from a Thai supermarket.

When I bought mine on Friday by chance the baker came out to re-stock. He is French.

English style (french bread) 45 baht.

French style baguette 38 baht.

I also bought a baguette from La Boulange around the corner on Third road and subjectively the Big C bread was better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Vietnamese place on Soi Khoa Talo sells them for 10bt each. gorgeous.

the Vietnamese style baguettes used for Banh Mi are a lot lighter than normal 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

the Vietnamese style baguettes used for Banh Mi are a lot lighter than normal 

They also toast up lovely.

New Vietnamese just opened round the corner from my work they do a spicy mackerel Banh Mi can't wait to try it.

Wonder why the Cambodians don't do a version as it was an old fFrench colony.

15 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Vietnamese place on Soi Khoa Talo sells them for 10bt each. gorgeous.

Whereabouts on Soi Khao Talo is it located? I often drive up there to do some shopping in Siamsburi's and I've noticed the Holland Tulip bakery, but not a Vietnamese place. It's a long street though, so hardly surprising.

I've stayed with friends in South Perth, WA, and their local baker is Vietnamese. I really got a taste for the rice flour bread when I was there.

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

Whereabouts on Soi Khao Talo is it located? I often drive up there to do some shopping in Siamsburi's and I've noticed the Holland Tulip bakery, but not a Vietnamese place. It's a long street though, so hardly surprising.

I've stayed with friends in South Perth, WA, and their local baker is Vietnamese. I really got a taste for the rice flour bread when I was there.

From memory coming from Sukhumvit Road it is around 50 to 100 metres on your right.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

From memory coming from Sukhumvit Road it is around 50 to 100 metres on your right.

So before you hit the railway line?

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

It's literally in the first row of shops on the right hand side as you turn on to Khoa Talo from Sukhumvit, if you go past the waste ground on your left you've gone way to far. As Groggy said it's maybe 50-60 metres  ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

4 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

It's literally in the first row of shops on the right hand side as you turn on to Khoa Talo from Sukhumvit, if you go past the waste ground on your left you've gone way to far. As Groggy said it's maybe 50-60 metres  ?

Here's the Google Map location (link). Found their FB page (link) too. 

• Like 1

Great stuff guys, many thanks. I've driven past there hundreds of times but never noticed it, doh! I'll stop by later this week.

Sign in to follow this