Movies to watch

Toy Boy

57 minutes ago, roomark said:

I'd never ever seen this , but it seemed like yesterday it came out so I gave it a go this afternoon.

Wow did we really all look like that 🤣

Half decent but made me wonder where the time has gone😭

One of my all time favourites. Plays often on American networks, saw it in 1989 and I’m sure I’ve watched it a dozen more times. Never gets old….,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Finally got around to watching the other day. Excellent flick. Maybe the Irish version of Seinfeld. 🙂

Yeah, I watched that a few days ago too. Great acting and great scenery, I just thought the story was a bit off. I mean, the guy wants to focus on writing music so that he won't be forgotten, so he tries to dump his best friend, but then he goes and starts hacking off his own fingers which prevents him from doing what he wanted to in the first place. I think it would have been more realistic if he'd started shearing off his mate's digits every time he bothered him, that's what I'd have been tempted to do anyway, lol.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Yeah, I watched that a few days ago too. Great acting and great scenery, I just thought the story was a bit off. I mean, the guy wants to focus on writing music so that he won't be forgotten, so he tries to dump his best friend, but then he goes and starts hacking off his own fingers which prevents him from doing what he wanted to in the first place. I think it would have been more realistic if he'd started shearing off his mate's digits every time he bothered him, that's what I'd have been tempted to do anyway, lol.

Still an excellent flick.

On 1/18/2023 at 11:34 PM, lazarus said:

Watched the sequel to Sicario...

Yep. I liked that one.

The scene when he and the woman agent where talking in a position (rooftop from a distance or hill or something) where it was overlooking the city. During the scene you could hear and see the exchanges of gunfire occurring below. A movie obviously, but sure does stick in my memory. 

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

The scene when he and the woman agent where talking in a position (rooftop from a distance or hill or something) where it was overlooking the city. During the scene you could hear and see the exchanges of gunfire occurring below. A movie obviously, but sure does stick in my memory. 

I was back out looking for birds near a busy gun range by the Bay just yesterday (Saturday) morning...sounded like a mini-war going on.

That's how I can recognize the sounds of gunfire I sometimes hear in my neighborhood.

. . .

20230121_113047.jpg

2 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I was back out looking for birds near a busy gun range by the Bay just yesterday (Saturday) morning...sounded like a mini-war going on.

That's how I can recognize the sounds of gunfire I sometimes hear in my neighborhood.

. . .

20230121_113047.jpg

Massive, sudden crack crack crack, pop pop pop. Then silence. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, lazarus said:

. . .

20230121_113047.jpg

I would imagine the birds are long gone with that going on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 3:54 PM, galenkia said:

Thought this was excellent on Disney+.

Superd script.

4AF3A44C-0931-44A8-9947-554D9AEC87BF.jpeg

Just excellent, cousin’s taking care of me for few days because he’s a mile from the hospital. Put this on, did not disappoint 

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1