Movies to watch

Toy Boy

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

I feel the need ... the need for speed 

They could have fooked this up. I thought they would fook this up. 

But this looks absolutely amazing 😁

You can be my wingman.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:14 PM, Stillearly said:

I feel the need ... the need for speed 

A feel good movie for boys, it has got fast planes, a motorbike and some pretty good looking women. And at the end our hero gets his woman.

Saw it on Dutch television this week.

29 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

A feel good movie for boys, it has got fast planes, a motorbike and some pretty good looking women. And at the end our hero gets his woman.

Saw it on Dutch television this week.

It's the sequel, doesn't come out until next year 

• Thanks 1

I watched Captain Marvel last week. I enjoy most of the Marvel films, not so much the TV series though. Anyway, this was decent enough, lots of action, an attractive star, and amazing effects, I enjoyed it.

I checked up the review sites and saw that it had many negative reviews. I couldn't figure this out as I thought it was a good movie, but digging a bit deeper it seems that Brie Larsen is a bit of a feminist headcase who'd said something along the lines of she didn't want men to go and see her new film. Kind of childish really, I don't suppose Marvel were over the moon with her for that one.

There's some explanation here if you're interested:

https://www.looper.com/145793/captain-marvel-already-getting-flooded-with-negative-reviews-on-rotten-tomatoes/

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched a French movie that I am sure Thai Spice would enjoy.

The movie is in French with some English but has subtitles in English also.

The movie is called '15 Minutes of War' and is based on a real bus hijacking that took place in 1976 in Somalia and heralded the formation of the GIGN.

Enjoyed it. 

15 mins.jpg

53 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just watched a French movie that I am sure Thai Spice would enjoy.

The movie is in French with some English but has subtitles in English also.

The movie is called '15 Minutes of War' and is based on a real bus hijacking that took place in 1976 in Somalia and heralded the formation of the GIGN.

Enjoyed it. 

15 mins.jpg

Yes, a well know story in France.

One of the first interventions of the GIGN , together with Foreign Legion.

High point was a simultanous shoot by the french sharp shooters (now called snipers) killing 5 of the hostage takers at exactly the same moment.

Sadly still a few kids died in the story.

I spend quite a bit of time in Djibouti in my young days. A bit of a shithole, but we still had good fun. A good sailor will find booze and women even in the desert !

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's one for the Taffia, 'Last Summer', set in rural Wales in the 1970's. I can certainly relate to a lot in this film, being from rural Welsh Wales myself.

MV5BYTc1ZjEyY2UtMzk0YS00ZTAxLTg5MzUtNmFj

I thought it was going to be a Welsh rehash of 'Stand By Me', but that's absolutely not the case, it's totally different. I think it's one of those films that some people will love and others will hate, but I certainly enjoyed it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7406704/

• 1 month later...

Just watched this movie on HDPrime, it is called ANNA and I really enjoyed it, in fact the main character is beautiful.  In fact in real life, other than now being an actress, she is a Russian model.

Her name is Sasha Luss and i will look out for that name in the future, she plays the part of an assassin and some of her scenes are reminiscent of the John Wicke movies. Also in the film are Helen Mirren (brilliant) and Cillian Murphy.  It is directed by Luc Besson so knew it would have me enjoying every moment.

Anna.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Went and seen The Joker the other day.

Wasn't really what I was expecting TBH, in the Gotham City genre. 

The lead role was excellent, the acting terrific. 

Was kinda about society, and the way it treats the vulnerable, the have and have nots etc.

Wasn't bad, but was expecting more, was a bit disappointed, truth be told.

images.jpg

Edited by Krapow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And here's another highly unlikely one, but an excellent film all the same.

MV5BNDg2MTM1Nzg2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTI3

The storyline (a couple engaged for years but getting no closer to marriage feel the need to add some spice to their love life via a threesome) is hardly original, and usually ends up a mess when it's been tackled before. In this case, though, they got it just right. There's an interesting chemistry between the two stars, and the woman, Lapkus, though hardly a stunning beauty, comes across as astoundingly sexy. and as the film proceeds, so she seems to get even more sex-filled, though nothing much ever really happens. It's really well done, funny and well-acted. I usually find that I'm with the audiences on RT rather than the critics, but in this rare case I think the pro's have got it spot-on at 91%.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_unicorn

A historical movie directed by David Michod and  based losely around Shakespeare's Henry V and staring Timothee Chalamet who is absolutely superb as the young "Hal" who becomes King Henry V of England.                                                                                                      

large_king-poster.jpg

I cannot remember when I last watched a more enjoyable and exciting film with several excellent performances but none more so than by Timothee Chalamet as a very young Henry.

Plenty of "winter of discontent"  and eventual "glorious summer" but in much more gritty dialogue than the Bard's.

It all leads up to the big set piece battle of Agincourt with everybody, not just the French, bogged down in the mud and just makes you extremely glad not to be a participent.

I  recommend watching it to all. I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 2

MV5BZjY1NWYwZmEtNGE3Ny00YTZhLThmZTMtNGI2MDY0MGU5YmJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY3Nzc0OTk@__V1_.jpg

True stories are the only genre of films I tend to bother with and when one comes along starring the delectable Keira Knightly I`m watching it. Really enjoyed this movie and the fact that I didn`t remember the real life outcome enhanced my viewing of it.

• 6 months later...

Here's one that's quite touching, and everybody who's been moaning about wearing face masks and social distancing should grow up and watch it, for some unfortunates they're an unavoidable fact of life. 

cover-five-feet-apart-3.jpg

It's a teen rom com, so far from my usual cup of tea, but the subject matter intrigued me. Like most people, I know very little about CF, only that it's not good news and something to do with the lungs. You learn a little about this dreadful disease and the way that it's handled, while watching a film that could have been maudlin but rises above that. It certainly puts our situation with C19 into a different perspective after you've watched it, anyway.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6472976/

On 9/12/2019 at 11:02 AM, Horizondave said:

Just watched this movie on HDPrime, it is called ANNA and I really enjoyed it, in fact the main character is beautiful.  In fact in real life, other than now being an actress, she is a Russian model.

Her name is Sasha Luss and i will look out for that name in the future, she plays the part of an assassin and some of her scenes are reminiscent of the John Wicke movies. Also in the film are Helen Mirren (brilliant) and Cillian Murphy.  It is directed by Luc Besson so knew it would have me enjoying every moment.

Anna.png

Just watched this and really enjoyed it thanks.

• 6 months later...