Movies to watch

Toy Boy

Free Guy, the new Ryan Reynalds is brilliant (and on the torrent sites as of today)

"In Twentieth Century Studios’ epic adventure-comedy “Free Guy,” a bank teller who discovers he is actually a background player in an open-world video game, decides to become the hero of his own story…one he rewrites himself. Now in a world where there are no limits, he is determined to be the guy who saves his world his way…before it is too late. "

Edited by bexwell

I'm not a big fan of the sci-fi action films that depend heavily on CGI, like Transformers or the Avengers, so I wasn't really expecting a lot when I watched this one, but I was pleasantly surprised. Lots of action and special effects, of course, but it's also very funny in places and doesn't take itself too seriously. A great cast, too (even the next 007, lol). I enjoyed it, anyway, if you've got 2 1/4 hours to spare you could do a lot worse.

The-Suicide-Squad-1.jpg

Edited by Toy Boy

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to post, my cousin had already downloaded Many Saints of Newark and we watched it last week. Huge Sopranos fan that I am, first 10 minutes with the volume cranked…….I was psyched, like “ man this is so f—king epic” 

By the end, I was very disappointed. Now, I could see a few sequels being done, it would actually make sense because we don’t see Tony really get involved the “business”, the crime family stuff is all centred around other characters

Went and saw this last night at the theater here. Was in Thailand at the time, obviously a big world wide story. Good lord I forgot alot of the details of this rescue of the Thai Soccer Team.

These British Guys have the ultimate respect from me, these guys are from another planet I swear. Them and the other divers from Australia, USA and another one I can't remember, that ultimately risked their lives to save these kids.

Compelling, riveting movie with the incredible underwater footage that none of us ever saw on TV or anywhere else. Highly recommended to see how they made this miracle happen.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Compelling, riveting movie with the incredible underwater footage that none of us ever saw on TV or anywhere else. Highly recommended to see how they made this miracle happen.

...and... that's just the trailer!

Gets the old ticker thumping.   Will have to see this one. Thanks Mike.

On a side note...remember when that dickhead Elon Musk called one of the divers a "pedo"...class act, huh? I hope he paid the guy some big baht regardless of the libel suit outcome.

Elon Musk claims his investigator tricked him about diver he called a 'pedo'

In court documents, Tesla CEO says he regrets attacking man who helped save young soccer players trapped in underwater cave

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/oct/08/elon-musk-diver-vernon-unsworth-pedo-idiot

20 hours ago, lazarus said:

...and... that's just the trailer!

Gets the old ticker thumping.   Will have to see this one. Thanks Mike.

On a side note...remember when that dickhead Elon Musk called one of the divers a "pedo"...class act, huh? I hope he paid the guy some big baht regardless of the libel suit outcome.

Elon Musk claims his investigator tricked him about diver he called a 'pedo'

In court documents, Tesla CEO says he regrets attacking man who helped save young soccer players trapped in underwater cave

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/oct/08/elon-musk-diver-vernon-unsworth-pedo-idiot

Don't want to ruin the movie for you, there is absolutely no mention of  Elon Musk or his idea at all in the entire movie. You will not believe how good this movie is.............seriously. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Really enjoyed the remake of Dune. Warning, this is part one. No release date for part two, but guesstimates are 2022-2023.

1606738106-dune.jpg

I saw the trailer for Dune before James Bond started and visually thanks to the special effects it looks good.

Unfortunately I vaguely remember reading the book years ago and thinking what a load of tosh it was.

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I saw the trailer for Dune before James Bond started and visually thanks to the special effects it looks good.

Unfortunately I vaguely remember reading the book years ago and thinking what a load of tosh it was.

I started watching the movie and found it visually boring. I found it slow and depressing.

Maybe I should give it another go but that might be a while

On 9/24/2021 at 10:59 AM, Nightcrawler said:

Anyone watched the new Bond movie yet? 

Saw it over the weekend. No Spoilers here, just in case.

Typical bond with some good action scenes and a really well acted supporting role by Anna De Armas for part of the picture. Cinematography is so so, not the best I've seen in a Bond Movie, but plenty of well put together action scenes with of course as to be expected, some strong characters played by experienced actors, although Rami Malek was , to me, not as "convincing" as he could have been.

The storyline was pretty weak in my opinion. We all know the structure of any Bond movie by now, but for me, the added details detracted and in fact distracted from what is essentially the foundation of a good Bond Movie. Apparently Daniel Craig had a fair bit of input into this with regards to the storyline and character development, but imo he should stick to acting.

It is long as well, so go to a decent Cinema with reclining / comfy seats if possible.

• Like 1