Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 3:40 PM, Horizondave said:

I don't even know if he has the pizza business.  Just used to see him at PL meetings back in the day.

always up for a freebie and doesn't like putting his hand in his pockets and wont pay for a dentist lol

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I hired this little girl my ex-wife's niece as a door girl about 13 years ago very very loyal stayed with us at Secrets the whole time and now continues on with scooters. When I hired Gee not a word of English now she's very fluent I'm very happy to see her doing well 

1c5960ff2a1f003ce6c41215bc40b9f8.0.jpg

Great girl.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I hired this little girl my ex-wife's niece as a door girl about 13 years ago very very loyal stayed with us at Secrets the whole time and now continues on with scooters. When I hired Gee not a word of English now she's very fluent I'm very happy to see her doing well 

1c5960ff2a1f003ce6c41215bc40b9f8.0.jpg

Still got your OJ Simpson shirt on..... :default_drinks:

Hope you and Doug enjoy the train ride...

• Like 1

Had a pleasant meet up in there last night with the new General Duty Manager Mr. Danny Jambo and his young Scottish sous chef Mr John.

The patron of Babydolls Mr Lee also emerged from his mansion with a still smiling Russ and a good time was had by all as .............

the new young Night Manager was not there and did not turn up the volume of the music.

Previous two nights check binned and walked out as soon as music reached the pain threshold ....... place itself looks nice.

No more Superfreak dancing in the Bleachers to Rick James at 8pm as there is a bloody great Scooter there. :default_bananas:

Edited by nampla69
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Had a pleasant meet up in there last night with the new General Manager Mr. Danny Jambo and his young Scottish sous chef Mr John.

The patron of Babydolls Mr Lee also emerged from his mansion with a still smiling Russ and a good time was had by all as .............

the new young Night Manager was not there and did not turn up the volume of the music.

Previous two nights check binned and walked out as soon as music reached the pain threshold ....... place itself looks nice.

No more Superfreak dancing in the Bleachers to Rick James at 8pm as there is a bloody great Scooter there. :default_bananas:

Jeez what is it with Scooters/Secrets and loud music?....It used to be great to sit and converse with good fellows and meet and woo the ladies.

'Remembering thee, O green and silent dell !
And grateful, that by nature's quietness
And solitary musings, all my heart
Is softened, and made worthy to indulge
Love, and the thoughts that yearn for human kind.'

Any barfinable ladies?

Cocktails?

Edited by Starshine
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

Jeez what is it with Scooters/Secrets and loud music?....It used to be great to sit and converse with good fellows and meet and woo the ladies.

'Remembering thee, O green and silent dell !
And grateful, that by nature's quietness
And solitary musings, all my heart
Is softened, and made worthy to indulge
Love, and the thoughts that yearn for human kind.'

Any barfinable ladies?

Cocktails?

To be fair the eye candy was rather pleasant .........they wear rather tight fitting Union Jack type outfits ...... the music is 50s to 70s and is really good ...............UNTIL ....

they pump up the volume. We all agreed bad idea because it is a bar to talk in and have a laugh with old friends and new. 

Cocktails .......had  a few in Phnom Penh Secrets ......... the one made from Aero Mint chocolate was nice ..... and I'm not a cocktail kind of guy more a pint of cold Guinness :default_drink:

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

To be fair the eye candy was rather pleasant .........they wear rather tight fitting Union Jack type outfits ...... the music is 50s to 70s and is really good ...............UNTIL ....

they pump up the volume. We all agreed bad idea because it is a bar to talk in and have a laugh with old friends and new. 

Cocktails .......had  a few in Phnom Penh Secrets ......... the one made from Aero Mint chocolate was nice ..... and I'm not a cocktail kind of guy more a pint of cold Guinness :default_drink:

Think that was an espresso martini with a shot of creme de menthe 🙂 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Starshine said:

Sounds excellent Dan. Will there be buy one get one free on the superb Scooters cocktails like LK Metro?

Monthly meetings will decide on which promotion will apply during the following period.

They take a couple of days to program into the POS as they are not simply a price alteration. The first couple are expected to begin in a day or two.

Will confirm very shortly.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, misteregg said:

. Music is what you’d expect, mix of 60’s/70’s hits but very loud.

For me, this type of bar is mainly for meeting and chatting with mates or the girls.

Having LOUD music doesn't make sense. Its not a disco or a gogo !

But 60's and 70's music is ok for this old frog.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Had a pleasant meet up in there last night with the new General Duty Manager Mr. Danny Jambo and his young Scottish sous chef Mr John.

Thank you for the promotion but I was merely a customer showing off Scooters to my lovely wife.😀

The music did get a little louder when Anthony arrived but was by no means excessive. I suppose at aged 29 he is a little younger than some of us but he is everything Secrets has been missing for the last year or so.

No Superfreak dancing or hokey Cokey two step twitch,  but many of those girls look amazing in those short dresses. 😛

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

For me, this type of bar is mainly for meeting and chatting with mates or the girls.

That strange - I thought I saw just that in Scooters last night.

If you have any mates bring them along because I am sure that they will be very welcome. If not, just come along yourself as you might even enjoy yourself. 😀

On 4/5/2019 at 10:22 AM, Rompho Ray said:

Since your response is in a thread with my post, I'll respond:  That's exactly NOT what I did, nor is it something I almost ever do.  I very simply said that there were no Secrets logos in the pics posted up to that point.  And, judging from the responses to my post, I must have been right when I posted it, since NO response at that time included any sort of effort to point out where I was mistaken.

Maybe this board should have been a bit more careful about accepting so many members from the former Secrets board, considering how many seem to want to bring the pro-Secrets Stalinist-style censorship from that board along with them.  While I'm not interested in a free-for-all board where anything, no matter how offensive or outrageous, is defended as "free speech" (a profound misreading of our First Amendment), I'm also not interested in a board where expatriated members of other boards are free to bring their brainwashing with them, and let it cause them to attack members here who are simply voicing objectively inoffensive opinions.

Note:  With few exceptions, I probably have more posts on the Secrets board than you do.  I was at the soft opening and the grand opening, was there for a huge number of parties and Sunday "members' meetings", and spent more than my share of time and money in the place.  I was friendly with ALL the owners, most of the mamasangs, many of the staff, a plethora of the "VIPs" and hangers-on there, and, when I owned a bar around the corner, I literally used to empty my bar into Secrets occasionally, personally leading my own customers from my bar into theirs.  Few if any of the sycophants from that board made a FRACTION of the contributions to the success of the bar that I did.

Almost NONE of the Secrets expats who have migrated to this board has ANY standing from which to criticize or judge me in this regard.  Therefore, I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from doing that.

Whatever 55555555.

JDM

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2019 at 1:19 AM, Jambo said:

And it would seem you are just let it go over your head don't respond if you have to just say "whatever" and leave it or you will just get into a bun fight as you are doing.

Well, I guess that the boards would be total harmony if everybody cut their own balls off and didn't respond when they're challenged or attacked.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Depends on the atmosphere and clientele for me.Have spent many a brilliant night in a beer bar with the music pounding and everyone having a good time.

Though i do love a loud gogo like Queen Club and a disco/club.

• Thumbs Up 2