Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

3 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

You could wake up at 2pm pop down have an egg and bacon sandwich with brown sauce, 2 San Miguel Lites choose a lovely and be back upstaits within the hour.

All good things must pass ........ :default_drinks:

Been there and done that several times! :default_fun:

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Bazle said:

Spending some money on girls and marketing to develop this place as a good afternoon venue might pay off. 

Number of girls is about where we want to be, and after things have settled we will def be looking at "day/afternoon" trade . As with any new venture there has to be a period of settling down and tweaking, before the next decisions are made.  Appreciate your support

Cheers

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Scooter Man said:

Number of girls is about where we want to be, and after things have settled we will def be looking at "day/afternoon" trade . As with any new venture there has to be a period of settling down and tweaking, before the next decisions are made.  Appreciate your support

Cheers

Well,if you had anything to do with the others,I think you’ll do ok.

I never noticed the level of music being too loud,but I wasn’t in the WS location yet.

The Soi 6 one is superb.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Scooter Man said:

Cheers

Welcome Steve aka "Scooter Man."

I feel like a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders! :default_party-smiley-048:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 4

One theory I heard some time ago about bar managers' penchant for loud music is that they don't want people to chat because then they drink more slowly. 
The theory takes no account of people leaving! 

The volume level of music and the BPM (beats per minute) do effect the drinking habits of people in a “normal” venue. The faster and louder the music the more people will drink.
But bars like Scooters/Secrets and others isn’t a “normal” venue as most sales come from social interaction with the staff (last drinks/barfine) and to socially interact you need to be able to talk a little.
A very long winded way of saying that volume levels need to be set so people can talk, this will increase sales.

I’m sure the lads at Scooters know this as they run some great venues already. They know the business.

Personally I like to keep the BPM rocking in the venue. When I was manager of Secrets I used to limit the amount of customer requests for slow songs as the mood in the bar just went down. Slow songs usually hold some sentimentality for a particular customer but are an annoyance to others and in the days when there were girls dancing on podiums, the girls used to have a problem dancing to the slower songs.

Glad to hear from Danny and Steve that things are going well and very best of luck. Hope to pop in to see you again at some time.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

The volume level of music and the BPM (beats per minute) do effect the drinking habits of people in a “normal” venue. The faster and louder the music the more people will drink.
But bars like Scooters/Secrets and others isn’t a “normal” venue as most sales come from social interaction with the staff (last drinks/barfine) and to socially interact you need to be able to talk a little.
A very long winded way of saying that volume levels need to be set so people can talk, this will increase sales.

I’m sure the lads at Scooters know this as they run some great venues already. They know the business.

Personally I like to keep the BPM rocking in the venue. When I was manager of Secrets I used to limit the amount of customer requests for slow songs as the mood in the bar just went down. Slow songs usually hold some sentimentality for a particular customer but are an annoyance to others and in the days when there were girls dancing on podiums, the girls used to have a problem dancing to the slower songs.

Glad to hear from Danny and Steve that things are going well and very best of luck. Hope to pop in to see you again at some time.

Phil,

what I hate about management in different bars when you/they call what the girls do on the podiums "dancing" when especially what I have seen over the last 6 years in secrets was more like a slow swaying and minium foot movement

bloody rubbish and 2016 the mamsan had the hide ask for 1000Bt BFs because she is dancer,fucking nearly busted my poopoff valve laughing at that,

but yes I payed the extortion demand :default_give_rose:

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

You are quite correct, in years gone by Secrets had an awesome afternoon line up and was indeed a great venue to visit in the afternoons. Sadly this hasn't been the case for quite a few years now.

Yeah it was a shame afternoon's dropped off.Had many a great afternoon in Secrets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This period just prior to Songkran always seems to be the quietist of the year but it has one major benefit for Secrets Hotel. We have a window of 5 just days when many rooms become empty for at least two or 3 consecutive days which gives our two maintenance guys until Thursday ( when we are full again) to repaint the rooms which are in need of a face lift. Fortunately, they are both quick and thorough.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, misteregg said:

apologies mate...i love ballards

Occasionally lobed a few Andrea Bocelli's finest  in there too 

Edited by Ivan the terrible
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ivan the terrible said:

apologies mate...i love ballards

Occasionally lobed a few Andrea Bocelli's finest  in there too 

Your requests for Val Doonican and Engelbert Humperdinck used to slow the pace right down. Had the girls falling off the podiums as they nodded off. 

+ Danny Room 107 could do with a new lick of paint after all these years ........ :default_cheers:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Your requests for Val Doonican and Engelbert Humperdinck used to slow the pace right down. Had the girls falling off the podiums as they nodded off. 

+ Danny Room 107 could do with a new lick of paint after all these years ........ :default_cheers:

you have to remember whose lap they fell into though ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Phil,
what I hate about management in different bars when you/they call what the girls do on the podiums "dancing" when especially what I have seen over the last 6 years in secrets was more like a slow swaying and minium foot movement
bloody rubbish and 2016 the mamsan had the hide ask for 1000Bt BFs because she is dancer,fucking nearly busted my poopoff valve laughing at that,

but yes I payed the extortion demand :default_give_rose:
regards
grayray

One of the reasons I got out of gogo bars was that I felt bad for the girls who had to dance for hours and hours on end. No matter what you’re getting paid.

I ask anyone to get in a pair of high heels and dance for the best part of 8 hours every day, even the best dancers in the world would get bored shitless.

Add to that the extortionate barfines, I found working there a chore.
Much prefer the beer bars. I have a concept for a bar that would show flesh, but the girls wouldn’t need to dance. Think it would be popular.
Anyway, sorry, back to Scooters.
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, misteregg said:

One of the reasons I got out of gogo bars was that I felt bad for the girls who had to dance for hours and hours on end. No matter what you’re getting paid.

I ask anyone to get in a pair of high heels and dance for the best part of 8 hours every day, even the best dancers in the world would get bored shitless.

Much prefer the beer bars. I have a concept for a bar that would show flesh, but the girls wouldn’t need to dance. Think it would be popular.

Phil,

they danced the same same,in the first hour as the last,after 30+ years iam over watching BGs in bikinis think I would rather enjoy Scooters uniforms.

iam a Beer Bar fan but will go into a GoGo

regards

grayray

• Like 1

8 hours ago, misteregg said:

I have to agree about the heels - they must do a lot of damage in the long term to feet and ankles. However..... I've mentioned this to a number of strippers that I know i London ad the concensus seems to be that they like wearing them.  

I like your concept - I look forward to seeing it happen - I could easily become a regular.

13 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Formal redecoration inspection of all rooms every 6 months or sooner if circumstances dictate.

Room 107 gets hammered more than most as along with 207 it is the most requested room by far from returning customers.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Formal redecoration inspection of all rooms every 6 months or sooner if circumstances dictate.

Room 107 gets hammered more than most as along with 207 it is the most requested room by far from returning customers.

Lovely alcove in 207 😃

8 hours ago, BarryL said:

how long you gay

Not. Those friends happen to be female. One started out as a bar girl in a beer bar, is now mamasan in a gogo (or at least was last time I saw her), the other started out as a cash register girl in the same beer bar and moved in the same position in that gogo (bar closed a while after the owner opened a gogo). The owner is someone I hesitate to call a friend, but he is a good acquaintance whom I like, as is his wife. Some of you may have seen a photo of me in a gogo with three ladies (on another forum). One of the ladies was my fiancee at the time and current wife, the other two are the aforementioned mamasan and the wife of the owner.