Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

Just getting caught up with this thread. Great idea with Scooters offering a 7-10 pm 89 baht bottled beer happy hour. When on holiday, I don't want to wait until after 10 pm to head out and knowing that Scooters has bottled beer for that price during the early evening hours, along with some attractive girls on staff and nice music videos, that would give me just cause to stop in there to get my night started.

I think it's a great deal considering the area.

As far as volume of music goes, I think it is more of a problem with an enclosed room, like the new Scooters is, rather than when there is an open end where the loudness has some place to go, or in an open beer bar setting that has no walls.

And who is being played has much to do with it. If it's Mick, Keith and the boys playing "Gimme Shelter", then that classic oldie but goodie is just bound to jump start an old fart's pace maker. But if it's Eminem rapping to "Lose Yourself", then that same guy very well could turn to whoever is sitting closest to him and yell out, " Why don't they turn down that crap? That ain't music. Now, by gum, back in my day, we had Dean Martin and Frank and Sammy. Mr. Bojangles.....ah, now THAT was a great song. They don't make 'em like that anymore.  Hey tilack, I'm down to ice cubes here, how about a refresher? And tell the manager to turn that crap down! I'm going deaf in here."

Ah, you folks who run a bar.....the complaints and whining you put up with. To those who are the force behind Scooters, as you attempt to establish yourselves in the WS area, best of luck in all of your challenges. If it was easy, then everyone would be opening a bar. With a bit of patience in finding the formula that works, I wish you well. I'll certainly stop in on my next trip, same as I always did with Secrets.

Did I mention how much I dig the 89 baht bottled beers?

Edited by Mr. Smooth
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Just getting caught up with this thread. Great idea with Scooters offering a 7-10 pm 89 baht bottled beer happy hour. When on holiday, I don't want to wait until after 10 pm to head out and knowing that Scooters has bottled beer for that price during the early evening hours, along with some attractive girls on staff and nice music videos, that would give me just cause to stop in there to get my night started.

I think it's a great deal considering the area.

As far as volume of music goes, I think it is more of a problem with an enclosed room, like the new Scooters is, rather than when there is an open end where the loudness has some place to go, or in an open beer bar setting that has no walls.

And who is being played has much to do with it. If it's Mick, Keith and the boys playing "Gimme Shelter", then that classic oldie but goodie is just bound to jump start an old fart's pace maker. But if it's Eminem rapping to "Lose Yourself", then that same guy very well could turn to whoever is sitting closest to him and yell out, " Why don't they turn down that crap? That ain't music. Now, by gum, back in my day, we had Dean Martin and Frank and Sammy. Mr. Bojangles.....ah, now THAT was a great song. They don't make 'em like that anymore.  Hey tilack, I'm down to ice cubes here, how about a refresher? And tell the manager to turn that crap down! I'm going deaf in here."

Ah, you folks who run a bar.....the complaints and whining you put up with. To those who are the force behind Scooters, as you attempt to establish yourselves in the WS area, best of luck in all of your challenges. If it was easy, then everyone would be opening a bar. With a bit of patience in finding the formula that works, I wish you well. I'll certainly stop in on my next trip, same as I always did with Secrets.

Did I mention how much I dig the 89 baht bottled beers?

Appreciate the best wishes, and let me assure you there will be NO  "Eminem" !!!  😉      cheers

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

This was late August 2006 just days before we opened Secrets September 1st 2006. From left to right Wombat Alf MGC myself Ben Steve and Allen

image-df1fbaab798e33d529cafc594031c2af788cb64de77b0aac1678bee41e93fc65-V.jpg

Told you you looked shit with a moustache .......... much more hansom man these days. :default_abe:

Remember all that Motley Crue ....... great chef Allan and set the tone for great food over the years. He cooked for the Queen he told me once and of course the royalty on the upper tables at Secrets. Nice pic Bitch .... :default_drinks:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

This was late August 2006 just days before we opened Secrets September 1st 2006. From left to right Wombat Alf MGC myself Ben Steve and Allen

image-df1fbaab798e33d529cafc594031c2af788cb64de77b0aac1678bee41e93fc65-V.jpg

You somehow failed to name the gentleman with the headphones in the DJ booth.

22 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Remember all that Motley Crue ....... great chef Allan and set the tone for great food over the years. He cooked for the Queen he told me once and of course the royalty on the upper tables at Secrets. Nice pic Bitch .... :default_drinks:

So do I and with the exception of one, with very fond memories.

We managed to go 185 posts without mentioning the "one" and personally I  could have done without the reminder.

Please lets go another 185 posts in this Scooters at Secrets topic as a "one" free zone!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

A very unusual night in Scooters yesterday.

I was in the Bar from just before 8pm and it was quiet but gradually became busier.

Pretty bitch got laughed at in the bog.

bog.jpg

So we popped along to Baby Dolls for a while to find it no different . Maybe the thought of getting wet from Pattaya's notorious waterchuckers was precluding an early start.

Came back to Scooters and it was busier but nothing to write home about so at midnight I called it a night and retired to sleep in Secrets Housekeepers room. Then I woke up at 4am because it sounded like there was one hell of a party going on in the Bar.

This morning I discovered that Scooters at Secrets had its best night since the opening Party with two thirds of the business being done after midnight.

After a quiet few days in the Hotel we are now basically full for the rest of the month with very limited exceptions.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Jambo said:

I was in the Bar from just before 8pm and it was quiet but gradually became busier.

bog.jpg

So we popped along to Baby Dolls for a while to find it no different . Maybe the thought of getting wet from Pattaya's notorious waterchuckers was precluding an early start.

Came back to Scooters and it was busier but nothing to write home about so at midnight I called it a night and retired to sleep in Secrets Housekeepers room. Then I woke up at 4am because it sounded like there was one hell of a party going on in the Bar.

This morning I discovered that Scooters at Secrets had its best night since the opening Party with two thirds of the business being done after midnight.

After a quiet few days in the Hotel we are now basically full for the rest of the month with very limited exceptions.

Was a fun night

bog.jpg

Was a fun night

bog.jpg

Was a fun night

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jambo said:

So do I and with the exception of one, with very fond memories.

We managed to go 185 posts without mentioning the "one" and personally I  could have done without the reminder.

Please lets go another 185 posts in this Scooters at Secrets topic as a "one" free zone!

Why did you never mention any of this  when you worked together for ten years ....