Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

2 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Who was that hansum man in the red shirt... lol

That is board member "Mr Scooter Man"  aka Steve who is General Manager of Scooters.

A man of many talents and a pleasure to be in regular contact.

Looking for an enjoyable night with some nostalgic music we all know and love?

Come join the fun this coming Sunday at Secrets at Scooters "MoTown Music Night".

Motown Night  -   April 28th.jpg

Great music; cold happy hour premium beers; lovely hostess and a FREE Buffet.

• Like 1

not a very positive thread on fb today re scooters secret.    with the poster wondering why the place was empty but of more interest raising the question... how do the public know about the bar and the changes?  expats will still not know its scooters, and without big windows or ( as intheir other venues) open frontage.. passers by cant see whats happening.  I really think you need some serious PR to boost the bodycount as it actually looks good in there now

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

I popped into Scootrets late last evening after a WS bar crawl. I had intended to get some food.

I took a few paces inside and the smell of stale smoke was overwhelming, so it was a quick about turn for me. Very sad that the refurb didn't include air extraction.

From my very brief look, there appeared to be about 6 customers, and the AC was  too fierce. A large, cold place with few people does not feel welcoming - not to mention the stale smoke.

6 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I popped into Scootrets late last evening after a WS bar crawl. I had intended to get some food.

I took a few paces inside and the smell of stale smoke was overwhelming, so it was a quick about turn for me. Very sad that the refurb didn't include air extraction.

From my very brief look, there appeared to be about 6 customers, and the AC was  too fierce. A large, cold place with few people does not feel welcoming - not to mention the stale smoke.

was ok when secrets not much smoke smell

4 hours ago, Bazle said:

Are you sure you visited the right Scooters venue?

When I went in this morning I discovered that we had our best night ( excluding major Party nights ) for about 5 years with a large number of individual bar receipts which means many individual customers as opposed to a couple of major whales. Maybe the exact timing of your visit was just unlucky as it would seem many other customers had a good time last night. Last night would have been a good night in the first 5 years of Secrets and there were some exceptional nights in those days.

There are smoke extractors in the Bar and, as it happens, we were waiting in vain yesterday ( TiT ) for the aircon guys to turn up to attend to two of the main units which were not turned on last night as we did not want to take the chance on water dripping in the bar. Most customers like the aircon so we were more worried it might have seemed somewhat warmer than we would have liked.

Anyway, for those of you with an open mind who would like to see and make a judgement for yourself, Sunday's MoTown night would be a great time to visit and sample not only the great sounds of MoTown music but Happy Hour to 10pm and bargain buckets of premium bottled beers all night long. :default_biggrin:Motown Night  -   April 28th.jpgBargain Buckets.jpg

Happy Hour  Poster.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I don't see any other promotion for Cambodia anywhere so it would be kind of silly to let the board go in my opinion anyway for what it's worth

some times see facebook post think owner gf post not owner

I would fully expect the Secrets board to be shut down with out warning.....That would fit in perfectly with the previous with out warning major thread chops........

The Secrets board has been very poorly managed for a few years now.... For a looooong time it was really a great place....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1