Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

Reading from the start this thread seems to have moved from a Scooters Secrets Business thread to a Scooters 'he said she said' thread.

Certainly there are a lot of opinions for which some may even possess a hint of truth in them but seem also to be speculative and really don't add anything to a thread in a business section.  Then again if this is truly a business topic the originators have not put to bed the speculative narrative that has invaded the thread.

3 hours ago, barsie said:

Word from staff is- some have been paid bits- some have been told they will be getting paid 2 months in arrears so already owed a months wages, so working for free.

Bars been dead for maybe 3 years now- it would take a genius to turn it around. Paul and James couldn't get out of their quick enough when they realised their mistake.

What he said basically .......... both Paul and James will be equally gutted after the Champions League final.

Sad I really liked them both very much ..... :default_drinks:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Reading from the start this thread seems to have moved from a Scooters Secrets Business thread to a Scooters 'he said she said' thread.

Certainly there are a lot of opinions for which some may even possess a hint of truth in them but seem also to be speculative and really don't add anything to a thread in a business section.  Then again if this is truly a business topic the originators have not put to bed the speculative narrative that has invaded the thread.

That's a fair comment Dave and I'm very surprised there's been nothing at all from the management ? So again I say there's no smoke without fire.

Funnily enough though there's been 4 bell rings tonight so someone's spending some cash, maybe use that to pay some staff ?

I'm going to respond with more from my reliable source.

The real word from Staff is that Paul was supposed to come yesterday and never did. He has promised to come tonight.  The girls have all signed an agreement that if he doesn't come and sort it out tonight that's it.  They will not be going back to work tomorrow.

Apparently all staff have agreed no money today then not going tomorrow
Includes bartenders the lot
Should be interesting

Edited by mrcharliemofo
  • Thumbs Up 4

47 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

That's a fair comment Dave and I'm very surprised there's been nothing at all from the management ? So again I say there's no smoke without fire.

Funnily enough though there's been 4 bell rings tonight so someone's spending some cash, maybe use that to pay some staff ?

I'm going to respond with more from my reliable source.

The real word from Staff is that Paul was supposed to come yesterday and never did. He has promised to come tonight.  The girls have all signed an agreement that if he doesn't come and sort it out tonight that's it.  They will not be going back to work tomorrow.

Apparently all staff have agreed no money today then not going tomorrow
Includes bartenders the lot
Should be interesting

Agree with the staff 100%.

None of us would be happy not being paid on time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Agree with the staff 100%.

None of us would be happy not being paid on time.

They're in a difficult position, walk out and probably never get paid or stay and work for possibly free for who knows how much longer ?

I would,'t like to have to make that choice over here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrcharliemofo said:

They're in a difficult position, walk out and probably never get paid or stay and work for possibly free for who knows how much longer ?

I would,'t like to have to make that choice over here.

if they are legit employee's they should raise the matter with the labour dept.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

new owners new theme new management.  perhaps good to ask Danny to come to the chat here as there may be another side to this tale

Well,  the new owners / management deafening silence is not a sign of good management....

Specially after some "promising" (or should I say "optimistic" ) comments on here in the early days.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Thanks for the update Jambo, yes the flak the place is copping is utterly disgusting...... people need to mind their own business.

No flak, just questions . And rather justified as most posters were customers of ex-Secrets, and active members of Sh forum, thereby contributing (past and present) to promoting the bar.

Its your post that is ridicule...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Thanks for the update Jambo, yes the flak the place is copping is utterly disgusting...... people need to mind their own business.

Danny you don't owe anybody an explanation things are very hard right now hope everything works out for Paul in the bar you're right it's a very nice guy

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

No flak, just questions . And rather justified as most posters were customers of ex-Secrets, and active members of Sh forum, thereby contributing (past and present) to promoting the bar.

Its your post that is ridicule...

people poking their nose into to other peoples affairs is justified.......... wow !!

15 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

people poking their nose into to other peoples affairs is justified.......... wow !!

Its a business matter, not a private family matter.

Same as I would do a quick check before employing a plumber or an electrician and if I learn some negative things I'll just not hire him. 

Anyway, work on your post count....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BarryL said:

hope staff get payed whatever story. no excuse not pay staff

A business local to me was for sale at a million pounds freehold, been established 40 odd years with a national reputation...... the owner was selling because of his cancer...... the staff deliberately ran that business into the ground..... in the end it went bust, the staff bought it from the receiver for peanuts...... the original owner died a broken man within a couple of weeks 

5 minutes ago, Pinoydave said:

A business local to me was for sale at a million pounds freehold, been established 40 odd years with a national reputation...... the owner was selling because of his cancer...... the staff deliberately ran that business into the ground..... in the end it went bust, the staff bought it from the receiver for peanuts...... the original owner died a broken man within a couple of weeks 

not nice. i know 2 scootersecrets staff. they not do any bad thing. just want to be paid. worry if quit now never get ther money.

As was mentioned earlier the lowest low season of all time nobody would dispute that its simply savage. Soi 6 is empty along with 7 and 8. Going to be masses of closed bars by November 1st.

Pig and Whistle gone with Rosies next door apparently sold to Indians. Am at a loss to understand that whoever owns  Scooters/Secrets that they considered this a good location. If you go back to start of the thread prior to even opening I and many others said closed by end of low season. In hindsight that was being gererous it seems.

Place is forever tainted by one individual. You'll never get around it

6 minutes ago, RR007 said:

As was mentioned earlier the lowest low season of all time nobody would dispute that its simply savage. Soi 6 is empty along with 7 and 8. Going to be masses of closed bars by November 1st.

Pig and Whistle gone with Rosies next door apparently sold to Indians. Am at a loss to understand that whoever owns  Scooters/Secrets that they considered this a good location. If you go back to start of the thread prior to even opening I and many others said closed by end of low season. In hindsight that was being gererous it seems.

Place is forever tainted by one individual. You'll never get around it

Rosies has been a regular lunchtime stop since about 2000.Sad to see these old established places struggling.

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Rosies has been a regular lunchtime stop since about 2000.Sad to see these old established places struggling.

The reason I started going to the Pig and Whistle is because I got food poisoning in Rosie's although I know many swear by the place. Just the once for me.

• Like 1

Is this true both Pig and Whistle and Rosie's gone ????  Both were always busy over the years and walked past them last month but did not really look. 

We need Big John or Striderman to do a  recce!

Thanks to BM Jambo and hope Paul gets well soon. Agree really nice bloke. :default_drinks:

• Like 2