Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

there we go , an honest reply.  lets be fair to danny and the owner and let them sort it out in peace.  as said this is the toughest of low seasons with most going into it already inthe hole as opposed to years ago when they could wedge up in the high season.

this is a very unforgiving marketplace, pattaya, and it will only the toughest and most determined who come out of the other side. many have key money and annual rent to pay

I am seeing fear in the eyes of much bigger businesses than bars right now.  it will, as always, come out ok but when is another question

• Like 3

9 hours ago, tommy dee said:

there we go , an honest reply.  lets be fair to danny and the owner and let them sort it out in peace.  as said this is the toughest of low seasons with most going into it already inthe hole as opposed to years ago when they could wedge up in the high season.

this is a very unforgiving marketplace, pattaya, and it will only the toughest and most determined who come out of the other side. many have key money and annual rent to pay

I am seeing fear in the eyes of much bigger businesses than bars right now.  it will, as always, come out ok but when is another question

Why?

It's a useful thread showing the perils and pitfalls of trying to run a business in Pattaya. Might serve as a warning to others.

It's not just a matter of opening the doors and the dosh comes rolling in.

After first discovering Pattaya in '79, for years I kept on wondering how to get back and "live the dream".

And any time I considered owning an entertainment establishment my business plan said "have sufficient reserves to carry the place for 12 months" and be prepared not to make money, i.e. do more than just cover operating expenses, for several years after that. And that's why I never owned an entertainment venue in Pattaya.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Is this true both Pig and Whistle and Rosie's gone ????  Both were always busy over the years and walked past them last month but did not really look. 

We need Big John or Striderman to do a  recce!

Thanks to BM Jambo and hope Paul gets well soon. Agree really nice bloke. :default_drinks:

Pig and Whistle closed on 31st May

• Great Info 1

Highlighted are the answers form "Deepthroat"

did they all go or not go ?
Some did but they got spun another story about him turning up at 11 tonight.  she is going at 11 to see if he shows up
bet theres a great atmosphere there
Yeah....

Paul didn't show up but somehow they have been promised to be paid in the 25th (yeah right!). No other news
oh FFS...the smell of bullshit is overpowering now
Yeah
Anyway they aren't going back so not going to lose anything more. 
how many have quit ?
Dunno. At least  4

Update from just now.

Just spoke to her. He did go but hid in the office at the hotel and didn't face the staff. The staff got relayed the message by the thai manager. He also said that anyone who was taking a break or went to work elsewhere could not come back because they "didn't support him" or words to that effect. He obviously doesn't realise most of these girls work month to month for their money, and don't have cash reserves.

Edited by mrcharliemofo
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/11/2019 at 7:34 AM, mrcharliemofo said:

Highlighted are the answers form "Deepthroat"

did they all go or not go ?
Some did but they got spun another story about him turning up at 11 tonight.  she is going at 11 to see if he shows up
bet theres a great atmosphere there
Yeah....

Paul didn't show up but somehow they have been promised to be paid in the 25th (yeah right!). No other news
oh FFS...the smell of bullshit is overpowering now
Yeah
Anyway they aren't going back so not going to lose anything more. 
how many have quit ?
Dunno. At least  4

Update from just now.

Just spoke to her. He did go but hid in the office at the hotel and didn't face the staff. The staff got relayed the message by the thai manager. He also said that anyone who was taking a break or went to work elsewhere could not come back because they "didn't support him" or words to that effect. He obviously doesn't realise most of these girls work month to month for their money, and don't have cash reserves.

That's exactly how I heard it went.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Well I had lunch in Scooters yesterday and expect to again on Friday. 🙂

A week is a long time in Pattaya...

(I don't think Michael Caine said that but he might have).

Michael_Caine.png

Edited by fygjam
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Painter said:

I was in there tonight, between 7.45 and 8.45, so yes, early.

Rough headcount...

2 ladies in black tops behind the bar. Both fairly lifeless.

2 ladies in blue tops, serving.

2 ladies in white tops. Not sure what they were doing

1 cleaner, 1 older lady (manager? but I've not seen her in there before)

Thai manager, and presumably chef

2 ladies in union flag dresses. However, one got changed and left, but as we were leaving there were two more sat outside.

Unfortunately  little atmosphere, and the gf  and I were the only two customers, and the gf wasnt spending anything!! The silence  between tracks on the sound system was deafening

Food was, as always, good, drinks were as we asked for. 

20190618_195251.jpg

20190618_195342.jpg

20190618_195518.jpg

20190618_195548.jpg

20190618_195553.jpg

20190618_201353.jpg

20190618_201358.jpg

You have a GF :default_give_rose: !!!

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

But if you enter with your own company you are unlikely to get much interaction with the staff ,  Secrets and Scooters are both no hassle bars 

Agreed, and I have no objection to being ignored in this situation.

🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1