Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

6 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Still a tremendous amount of quality girls to be had the problem for the bars are they don't need to be working in one to do business. Why should a good looking girl dance 8 hours a night when she can get a customer online or maybe two be finished and have the rest of the night partying with her friends. And you know what I can hardly blame them we would be looking for a better way ourselves every one of us. These girls only want what all of us want the best for ourselves.

That’s good info there Larry. Everyone seems to be stating there are so many better opportunities in the labour force, so more Thais can earn 30k+ a month while not on their backs, instead of 200 baht a day in rice paddies. That’s obviously not the real story. With smartphones, the apps are hugely popular, and it’s easy to connect with customers without, as you say, suiting up and trying to hustle LD for 8 hours

When I was there for 8 months, had many regulars and didn’t mind putting in a little work. But 2-3 week holiday, I don’t want headaches and want female company right away, and without paying 6k a night either

5 hours ago, thumper63 said:

I still log in and post on about 6 to 10 topics regularly. Missed most of last week due to family stuff. Secrets was where I grew up as far as Forums go and I still feel a loyalty to the old girl. But thing are changing over there and it just isn't the same. Will be interesting to see what the next 3 to 5 months bring. 

Thumper, I just logged in over there not 10 minutes ago and scrolled down to see the activity. Forget the post count, there was only two other members currently online. TWO!!! And this was at just after 4 pm Pattaya time, middle of the night for you and me in the western US, but still.

I'm afraid that board is crumbling down as bad as No Name City was toward the end of "Paint Your Wagon".

• Haha 1

That's sad if you look at the post that Carlsberg made about the one-year anniversary in Cambodia it was posted April one it's only had four replies and they were all from him not any other member posted or showed any interest. I guess it's not only Pattaya thats slow. Unless it's very very inexpensive to keep that forum I'm going I'm not sure why it is still running

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

That's sad if you look at the post that Carlsberg made about the one-year anniversary in Cambodia it was posted April one it's only had four replies and they were all from him not any other member posted or showed any interest. I guess it's not only Pattaya thats slow. Unless it's very very inexpensive to keep that forum I'm going I'm not sure why it is still running

It doesnt take BM  Sherlock to figure out why that was (apologies Sherlock!)

9 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Oh my....compare that to the busy days a decade ago. I’m probably a little off here, but if I hadn’t logged in for a while, just the last week’s topics were easily 20 PAGES long, you could not keep up. You always had at least 2 or 3 entertaining trip reports from guys on the ground or just returned home, it was great and made you want to book that flight ASAP

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/25/2019 at 9:17 PM, monkeyman said:

Some staff got all the salary they were owed last Tuesday so things are moving forward a bit. :default_good:

Some ? the challenge will be getting staff( BGs ) to work there when the word on the street is you don't pay owed wages then 

there are not many that will start work ( unless payed up front ).

JDM

Years ago I was leaving a meat company that I was not happy with another company pursued me I went and had a chat with the owner. About a week later I get a call from him saying what is this you're calling some of our Distributors asking them if we pay our bills and talking to some of our staff asking if they have any salary problems. I said to him absolutely no different than you calling my ex employers and seeing if I'm somebody worth hiring. Well because of that he didn't hire me and I didn't really give a shit I caught on a couple days later with a company I stayed at for 22. 

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Years ago I was leaving a meat company that I was not happy with another company pursued me I went and had a chat with the owner. About a week later I get a call from him saying what is this you're calling some of our Distributors asking them if we pay our bills and talking to some of our staff asking if they have any salary problems. I said to him absolutely no different than you calling my ex employers and seeing if I'm somebody worth hiring. Well because of that he didn't hire me and I didn't really give a shit I caught on a couple days later with a company I stayed at for 22. 

those were the 22 yrs u spent in the pen right?  ( just askin after a search on jailedratlovers.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, bob lt said:

The interior photos I have seen are either framed not to include customers or there aren't any present

On my last two visits, there were no other customers other than ourselves on the first occasion and single figures on the second.

59 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

have to say that they did a piss poor job of pr for the this relaunch.  so no one knows its changed.  daft.  as they could be busy

I quite agree. They didn't even have girls holding boards in WS.

But what did they have to promote - what to encourage people to go there?

The coffee and cap club were going to have coffee here this afternoon. All locked up up but with music and voices within.

Receptionist from hotel came out, and said bar closed. Reopen on Sept 1st. When we asked why, she said renovate, but seemed to not be able to explain or understand that it had just been renovated....

When asked she said reopen as scooters, no secrets.

The coffee and cap club are please to broadcast breaking news....

Ps the coffee at w14 was very good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 4