Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

When the Secrets forum got in bed with Tapatalk it irritated me because I don't like Tapatalk. I quickly got tired of logging in each visit and have recently deleted the shortcut link from my computer. Not that anyone cares, but, the forum is dead as far as I am concerned.

Sounds simple, no money to pay bar bills or salaries, no body work for free, owners don't have enough money to keep bar open, bar gets closed.

I presume 01 September is just a date picked form the air for the owners to believe they may have enough money to pay bills/salaries, that date could be workable or laughable based purely on the ability for those responsible to have enough money to pay the required costs involved in opening and running again.

Think this thread will just go on and on until the bar is sold on or the owners admit defeat.

Maybe also there are things going on behind the scenes as Scooters have a successful theme and appear to be doing well in all their other enterprises so why is it failing here, I can't just see it as the location as word of mouth, the theme, the name should see patronage.  Could also be the set up (the shared responsibility, the shared investment) is not working as envisaged by both sides and a fallout has created the impasse.

Yes think this thread will continue to see me viewing it ongoing, find it more interesting than the cricket or the golf threads......

15 minutes ago, Gary said:

When the Secrets forum got in bed with Tapatalk it irritated me because I don't like Tapatalk. I quickly got tired of logging in each visit and have recently deleted the shortcut link from my computer. Not that anyone cares, but, the forum is dead as far as I am concerned.

Read on here from people that would know, that when Secrets did well, it was mostly due to the forum. 

So if the forum is dead as mentioned, I'd guess that impacts the bar as well ...

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Probably the last word on this place for a while now, Deepthroat has said "No get Salary and bar have to close 2 months start today".

Anybody in the know care to comment if this is correct or not especially the closing for 2 months part ? 

@Painter  Thanks for the clarification, I think this post before yours pretty much says the same thing now you have put it in English LOL

Edited by boydeste
  • Haha 2

Just now, Yesitisdakid said:

Absolutely no question the success of the Forum drove the bar people found out about the bar due to the Forum without the Forum Secrets wouldn't have succeeded themselves in the early days.

I totally agree.

The forum is how I discovered Secrets and was responsible for my first trip staying at Secrets, using Secrets taxi and spending most of my time in Secrets. although that may have had something to do with the 50 hot ladies present every day.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Read on here from people that would know, that when Secrets did well, it was mostly due to the forum. 

So if the forum is dead as mentioned, I'd guess that impacts the bar as well ...

The first time I went to check the bar it was because of the forum. Without it, I would never have ventured in there. Nothing makes it stand out from other bars when you walk by.

All the (few) other times I visited it was always directly or indirectly forum related.

And I guess I am not the only one.

So, fecking up the forum over the last 2 or 3 years, has certainly not helped the walk ins, and the reputation attached to the place.

I mean, if you see a forum is dull, non interesting, will it motivate you to venture in a side street to find the bar ?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Thai Spice said:

The first time I went to check the bar it was because of the forum. Without it, I would never have ventured in there. Nothing makes it stand out from other bars when you walk by.

All the (few) other times I visited it was always directly or indirectly forum related.

So, fecking up the forum over the last 2 or 3 years, has certainly not helped the walk ins, and the reputation attached to the place.

I mean, if you see a forum is dull, non interesting, will it motivate you to venture in a side street to find the bar ?

Yea, it's how I discovered the Rockhouse, via the Pattaya Live forum.

And also, as you say, from my last few times of viewing PL, it wouldn't give me much incentive to go there, quite the reverse in fact. 

But, I don't run PL or the Rockhouse, the bar has successfully been going for years, so what do I know ...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I totally agree.

The forum is how I discovered Secrets and was responsible for my first trip staying at Secrets, using Secrets taxi and spending most of my time in Secrets. although that may have had something to do with the 50 hot ladies present every day.

boydeste,

seeing you more than likely banged the lot of them,i would say the 50 hot ladies was the main reason you was down stairs every day.:default_good:

same,same me,i read the forum and went to the bar soon as the next morning had a belly full of piss and two hamburgers and a wee session with ? can"t remember her name,she had big boobies and shaven haven.

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

I walked past soi 14 for 10 years before i ever walked down it,and that was only because i found the forum while looking for rooms in the WS area and the hotel website was one of the hits.

No question the forum drove the bar.

• Like 2

Don't understand this expected success of a bar (regardless of location) with an associated forum. I used to go to Secrets well before I knew they had a forum.  I think you will also find large quantities of bars and clubs doing positive business, even now, and I doubt that the majority of them have a forum related to bringing in any patronage.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Don't understand this expected success of a bar (regardless of location) with an associated forum. I used to go to Secrets well before I knew they had a forum.  I think you will also find large quantities of bars and clubs doing positive business, even now, and I doubt that the majority of them have a forum related to bringing in any patronage.

I think Secrets needed the extra boost the forum gave it due to its location.

• Like 3

Correct me if I'm wrong , but I thought the current forum is now completely separate from the new owner of Secrets in Pattaya , Paul , who didn't seem keen on social media , so got an established franchise in to run the bar 

so the forum shouldn't have anything to do with the current state of the Business 

11 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

They'll be lots of opinions about this but I was on the ground there seven years 10 hours plus a day in the bar and at least four hours on the website. I saw the traffic I spoke with the customers so I do have a bit of insight as to how the Forum affected business and it was an absolute major draw.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, KWA said:

I think Secrets needed the extra boost the forum gave it due to its location.

Just think that the location wasn't that bad, it wasn't far from one of the largest foot traffic areas known to man and plenty of people walked passed it at night on the way from 2nd road to WS, Soi Diamond isn't the only walk through.

Surely the concept was working at one time and there are plenty of other bars that do well without a forum. 

For me maybe the forum also did a disservice, maybe people found the bar from the forum but many personalities on forums can make the same people who found it walk away to other places.

I still go to the Rock House but the forum associated with it lost a lot of members, some who may no longer go to the bar.

I just see Pattaya as a place where the product, the theme, the bar staff, the management, the price of drinks, the ambiance, the furniture, the toilets etc and obviously the location make a place sink or swim. I think the forum can be a good thing to stimulate business but I doubt a forum is created before a bar is bought and kitted out.

3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Just think that the location wasn't that bad, it wasn't far from one of the largest foot traffic areas known to man and plenty of people walked passed it at night on the way from 2nd road to WS, Soi Diamond isn't the only walk through.

Surely the concept was working at one time and there are plenty of other bars that do well without a forum. 

For me maybe the forum also did a disservice, maybe people found the bar from the forum but many personalities on forums can make the same people who found it walk away to other places.

I still go to the Rock House but the forum associated with it lost a lot of members, some who may no longer go to the bar.

I just see Pattaya as a place where the product, the theme, the bar staff, the management, the price of drinks, the ambiance, the furniture, the toilets etc and obviously the location make a place sink or swim. I think the forum can be a good thing to stimulate business but I doubt a forum is created before a bar is bought and kitted out.

That's exactly what happened the Forum came into play one year before the bar and hotel and that's the reason it was so important to the business people read about it for a whole year we kept updating the progress we had parties in other bars around town promoting secrets so that when it did open for business it would be well accepted and it was a full year before the bar opened

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Yesitisdakid said:

They'll be lots of opinions about this but I was on the ground there seven years 10 hours plus a day in the bar and at least four hours on the website. I saw the traffic I spoke with the customers so I do have a bit of insight as to how the Forum affected business and it was an absolute major draw.

Well sounds a little dangerous to have a bar that relies on a forum, the bar for me should have been successful in it's own right and I would have been happy to have patronage via the forum but surely a business should be more associated with the actual bar product, the business offering.

Thai Visa ran a bar in Hua Hin but that didn't last long, I think the forum is still doing well so forums are not really related to how well an associated bar is doing and in the same vein a bar should be looking at a business plan that doesn't revolve (or rely) around a forum. 

Just my personal thoughts.

Maybe somebody took their eye off the ball.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Well sounds a little dangerous to have a bar that relies on a forum, the bar for me should have been successful in it's own right and I would have been happy to have patronage via the forum but surely a business should be more associated with the actual bar product, the business offering.

Thai Visa ran a bar in Hua Hin but that didn't last long, I think the forum is still doing well so forums are not really related to how well an associated bar is doing and in the same vein a bar should be looking at a business plan that doesn't revolve (or rely) around a forum. 

Just my personal thoughts.

Maybe somebody took their eye off the ball.

No matter how good the forum,the bar still has to be attractive to customers.

But is helps massively in getting people through the door.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Correct me if I'm wrong , but I thought the current forum is now completely separate from the new owner of Secrets in Pattaya , Paul , who didn't seem keen on social media , so got an established franchise in to run the bar 

so the forum shouldn't have anything to do with the current state of the Business 

I would say the opposite. Guy takes over a business of which the forum is a major asset.  Then completely disregard this major asset, the promotion that it could bring, and without replacing it with something or another media.

Besides that, did Scooters promoted the new place in their existing ones ? Like "A new Scooters branch is now open on W.S. .."

I dont think so, maybe they feared to cannibalize the existing ones ? Doubtful as geographically in completely different locations. 

we are talking a different era Dave.  no social media, nobody used fb, phones didnt have net on them and the girlsthought they were lucky to have a nokia that did sms.   the forum was massive in its day.  seriously busy as it was a common bond for mongers.  larry ws in and out of his little office with the one way mirror fitted the wrong way round, so we coul see him posting like a maniac in between carrot juices.  hard to imagine now, but everyone only new each other by their board names and would simply come in, talk to the rat lover and then be introduced to others from the forum.  it was the magic formula back then

today.. it wouldnt work.  fb rules too.  but back then people had a camera intheir back pockets and were considered techies if they had a laptop

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, galenkia said:

No matter how good the forum,the bar still has to be attractive to customers.

But is helps massively in getting people through the door.

First step is to get people entering the bar : forum was a good media for this.

Second step is to keep them in the bar, and that is management and staffs job.

Third step is to turn them in return customers, specially people who live in Pattaya. They will bring you a regular income, not too much depending on seasons. 

A bit same as any business. It is new customer acquisition that is difficult and expensive. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

I would say the opposite. Guy takes over a business of which the forum is a major asset.  Then completely disregard this major asset, the promotion that it could bring, and without replacing it with something or another media.

Besides that, did Scooters promoted the new place in their existing ones ? Like "A new Scooters branch is now open on W.S. .."

I dont think so, maybe they feared to cannibalize the existing ones ? Doubtful as geographically in completely different locations. 

Scooters has FB accounts for all its Branches including Scooters at Secrets