Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

The only reason I first went into the place was because of the forum. Then following that was because of meeting friends I made through the forum, and the pretty good food.

Other than that a fair probability I would have never stepped foot in there.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, john luke said:

Whilst not disagreeing on value, my question is whether 487 baht is the final total or taxes are added later.

Advertising by booking agents is totally misleading and deliberately so. They have been taken to task on more than one occasion for not making it clear to THEIR prospective customer that they have deliberately deducted notional taxes etc even though the Hotel's rates include all such taxes.

They also quite deliberately quote the cheapest possible rate ( last minute overnight booking of spare room) as if this is the going daily rate.

They invarably are quoting a Promotional rate as agreed between the Hotel and the booking agent. They change all the time.

Nobody pays 487 baht.

If a customer pays 787 baht, say, to stay in Secrets Hotel overnight  in a Deluxe room that is amazing value for money.

Returning customers who book direct at [email protected] are very likely to pay less than 1,000 baht for a Superior balcony room in the front of the Hotel. Some get fringe benefits like Beryl their own goblin "TeasMaid".

As at today there are exactly 4 rooms still remaining over the weekend and they will probably go by tomorrow morning. Customers recognise when they are getting value for money.

Sorry Tommy - cheque's in the post.

• Like 2

I have always book my first week with Secrets Hotel. Having the bar was icing on the cake for many years. The last couple 3 years the bar was but a shadow of it's former glory and was not getting any better. But it was still a great meeting place with other BMs that were in town. And the food was always a plus. The hotel is a great location  for WS and is only a short walk to soi 7 & 8 or LK Metro. But then I love to walk everywhere.  And at 800 to 1000 baht a night is a very deal. I will book Secrets hotel for my first week every trip, with or without a bar attached.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thumper63 said:

I have always book my first week with Secrets Hotel. Having the bar was icing on the cake for many years. The last couple 3 years the bar was but a shadow of it's former glory and was not getting any better. But it was still a great meeting place with other BMs that were in town. And the food was always a plus. The hotel is a great location  for WS and is only a short walk to soi 7 & 8 or LK Metro. But then I love to walk everywhere.  And at 800 to 1000 baht a night is a very deal. I will book Secrets hotel for my first week every trip, with or without a bar attached.

thumber63,

it is only a short hop around the corner to either Khun Eggs Le Pub or Babydolls.

regards

grayray

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thumper63 said:

As an added bonus is your sleep is not likely to be disrupted by banging music,noisy off key  singing  or loutish behaviour ,by me ,in the bar for approx 2 months

• Haha 2

Your singing my good sir was never that off key and as far as loutish behavior.... well you are one of the best.  Funnily enough the bar noises never bothered me and there have been on many occasions that the joviality rising from the masses has inspired me to get up and head back down to join in on the depravity. 

3 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

The hotel is a great location  for WS and is only a short walk to soi 7 & 8 or LK Metro. But then I love to walk everywhere. 

A "short walk"? Damn, kudos to you for that. :default_bow: I could do a walk from Secrets to Soi 7 or 8. But I would have to take a nap afterwards. 💤 Note to Self: Start walking again on a regular basis.

P.S. Thanks for the reminder of how lazy I am here in Patts. 

This was in response to Thumper's original post Not Ivan. Sorry my bad.

Edited by Steelers4Life

1 hour ago, john luke said:

Scooters Bar appeared to have more customers in than any other bar on the Soi.

Another observation ~ The Scooters Bar on Buakoaw that I walk past daily (sometimes nightly) has some very nice looking BGs. I clock at least 6 super cuties out of their flock of "doables" every time I pass by. More girls than farangs as well. If I wasn't hooked up atm, I would swoop in there and stay awhile.

If the passing traffic is not heading for Scooters at Secrets then it may be that not many regulars/locals are in town and may have left already.  Bars in the years gone by were always busy from regulars, wherever they were located.  Now though the fact that all the other Scooters establishments are busy may be a sign of foot traffic (tourist style) just passing by and seeing a good place to park their backside and drink decent priced beer while ogling cuties in uniforms. Tourists tend to stick to the busy tourist trails and side streets off Walking Street may be a street too far.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

A "short walk"? Damn, kudos to you for that. :default_bow: I could do a walk from Secrets to Soi 7 or 8. But I would have to take a nap afterwards. 💤 Note to Self: Start walking again on a regular basis.

I always stay first week at Secrets then 3 other hotels after that around the city. Somewhere down the line I always stay at Queen Victoria on soi 6. Last 2 trips I would be at Secrets drinking with Boydeste, Moonfly and a few others till the wee hours and then walk back to the Queen Victoria.  I would text the guys when I got to the hotel to say I had arrived safe and sound. On the average it would take me 30 to 40 minutes to make the trip. I would clock it from the entrance to WS on Beach Rd to the back door to the QV. Not a bad hike if I do say so myself. But I love to walk and do so everyday so am used to it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

If the passing traffic is not heading for Scooters at Secrets then it may be that not many regulars/locals are in town and may have left already.  Bars in the years gone by were always busy from regulars, wherever they were located.  Now though the fact that all the other Scooters establishments are busy may be a sign of foot traffic (tourist style) just passing by and seeing a good place to park their backside and drink decent priced beer while ogling cuties in uniforms. Tourists tend to stick to the busy tourist trails and side streets off Walking Street may be a street too far.

Its like it needs its own forum to generate visitors.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I think the problem goes back a little further than the Scooters merger. It was pretty obvious that most the regulars and locals had already stopped going into Secrets 1 to 2 years before. The reasons vary from BM to BM but there was no doubt that people were losing interest in Secrets as a bar of choice. It went from not being able to get a seat in the intire house to being amazed if there were 3 customers in the whole place. I think it safe to say that politics and the changing of the guard was its downfall. It would take a real promoter / salesman to get the numbers back up.

Many of the familiar faces from 5 to 10 years ago are no longer around and their seats were never filled by new blood. Sad to see a once great bar die a death of empathy but the magic just isn't there anymore. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, thumper63 said:

I think the problem goes back a little further than the Scooters merger. It was pretty obvious that most the regulars and locals had already stopped going into Secrets 1 to 2 years before. The reasons vary from BM to BM but there was no doubt that people were losing interest in Secrets as a bar of choice. It went from not being able to get a seat in the intire house to being amazed if there were 3 customers in the whole place. I think it safe to say that politics and the changing of the guard was its downfall. It would take a real promoter / salesman to get the numbers back up.

Many of the familiar faces from 5 to 10 years ago are no longer around and their seats were never filled by new blood. Sad to see a once great bar die a death of empathy but the magic just isn't there anymore. 

I only know of one guy that could do that. But I don't think he's interested. Can't blame him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I only know of one guy that could do that. But I don't think he's interested. Can't blame him.

No he's not, Paul approached him a little bit before he went to Scooters to make a deal with them and he flat turned Paul down. And I agree with you, He got a royal f##king over by Ben as a way of saying thank you for all your loyal years of service to Secrets.

16 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

No he's not, Paul approached him a little bit before he went to Scooters to make a deal with them and he flat turned Paul down. And I agree with you, He got a royal f##king over by Ben as a way of saying thank you for all your loyal years of service to Secrets.

Actually it was me that approached "him" which resulted in a very positive meeting but an understanding that the timing was not right. I am assuming we are talking about the same "him" now enjoying retirement.

Anyway, I thought it was ME that got the "royal f##king over". 🤣

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Actually it was me that approached "him" which resulted in a very positive meeting but an understanding that the timing was not right. I am assuming we are talking about the same "him" now enjoying retirement.

perhsps u both got sore arses  with a few years gap in between.  i know the feeling btw

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

My apology for my misunderstanding of the event in question. I was under the impression that it was Paul who approached " him "  And I agree with tommy dee as to the sore bottoms.  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

if you knew me Steels ,walking and me are not honest bedfellows,crawling and dribbling perhaps more likely.Id get a taxi for a 50m hike

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

I have always liked walking round Pattaya in the morning.Would do a good 4 miles or more most days.One i would do occasionally would be from WS to Wongamat beach.That was a killer.😀Would have a few beers on the beach and get the baht bus back to South Pattaya,wherever i was heading.At night on the way home i would get the baht bus or a motorbike as i was usually smashed with a girl in tow.

When i stayed in North Pattaya i would walk from Dolphin roundabout to Naklua market which is a fair hike in the heat.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3