Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

15 hours ago, Stillearly said:

They were still using the vouchers last month according to Jambo in post #550 ...

Don't know when they got rid of it, or when it was reinstated. But last March when I was staying there it had been deleted as a gift from the hotel. I asked the reception gals about them and they said no longer available. That's all I know.

On 7/9/2019 at 6:03 AM, Steelers4Life said:

I only had a chat with him once over the years. 

I liked Benjamin 🙄

Always wondered where his accent came from though one minute he spoke like a Kray Twin next minute he spoke like Dame Edna .

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, nampla69 said:

It came up once when Hayden was boring everyone with it we were up in the Bleachers seats ....remember seeing a Cruise on Captain Ken's yacht the Mabila. You Have Won !!!!!

The rigged software malfunctioned .......I pointed it out and the young fella from Freddie West's Street in Gloucester said ..'OH spin again' ...... SPIN ???

It was a button ...

............headbutted it and messed it up couple of nights later ......... 

Whatever happened to Captain Ken.?.

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Whatever happened to Captain Ken.?.

He was Captain Kevin actually and I am told that Mabilia has been sold.

Kevin is one of the shareholders in Cambodia although I was under the impression his shares were up for sale.

• Thumbs Up 1

Never had much time for Ben, but he really lost me one new years eve...

For those of you that know me, I consume maybe 4 g+t s and a bottle of red wine per year. On the NYE in question I rolled up to shhh, with th intention of dropping a few 1000 with a couple of friends, buying one particular girl a few drinks, prior to bf after midnight when the rates dropped. Started ok, drink for me, drink for her, mate had done the same, up jiggles Ben. "Evening mate" jiggle jiggle "happy new year", jiggle jiggle, to which I replied, politely.  Ben looks at my orange juice... jiggle jiggle "orange juice mate?" Jiggle jiggle..."not going to have much fun on  that are ya?" Jiggle jiggle. Walked off. 

Mate and I apologised to the girls, and check binned. Spent our money elsewhere.

Girl called me the next day and came round in the afternoon. Her night was quiet, with no bf and only 3 drinks... she wasnt happy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

3 hours ago, Painter said:

For those of you that know me, I consume maybe 4 g+t s and a bottle of red wine per 5 years.

Fixed it for you young man .....don;t boast about your drinking habits ..........

mind you I once slipped you a  crafty double gin and tonic in Secrets back in the day .......... :default_gathering:

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Fixed it for you young man .....don;t boast about your drinking habits ..........

mind you I once slipped you a  crafty double gin and tonic in Secrets back in the day .......... :default_gathering:

Courtesy of the red button, I believe!

Never forget the waitress' look of amazement as she repeated the order several times to check it was right, or the gobsmacked look on Haydn's face...!! He offered me a drink after I'd won a cap, and said that I'd never wear it.

Edited by Painter
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Had many a nice afternoon drink with Keith (KGB),he's a lovely fella.

One year it was my son-in-laws birthday whilst my Daughter was visiting me from the UK.

It was also the annual firework display and Kevin invited us all to watch it from Mabilia where we had the most amazing view.

A real nice guy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I remember when a good friend brought in a girl they were having a drink and he introduced her to Ben and i. Ben asked her if she had any kids she replied she did not Ben told her she better hurry cause you cant have any after 50 years old. She was 30 that friend and good customer never went back into Secrets again. 

thats  ranking up with the "whens it due" comment to someone, only to find out she isnt pregnant ... just fat 555555

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 4

On 7/10/2019 at 5:25 PM, Yesitisdakid said:

I remember when a good friend brought in a girl they were having a drink and he introduced her to Ben and i. Ben asked her if she had any kids she replied she did not Ben told her she better hurry cause you cant have any after 50 years old. She was 30 that friend and good customer never went back into Secrets again. 

Jesus f**k.     555555555555555555

On 7/9/2019 at 1:35 AM, Jambo said:

Not by me you would not have been.

When I was General Manager I fought a continuous battle trying to get through to "HE you could not be criticised" that Secrets was effectively a bar and as such should sell just quality bar food not pretend we were some gourmet restaurant in Macau or Vegas.

ps - Just for the record. You really are a nasty waste of space.

I thought the food there was pretty decent on the whole actually. Would often go deliberately for a mid evening but snack and a few drinks.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

I thought the food there was pretty decent on the whole actually. Would often go deliberately for a mid evening but snack and a few drinks.

Food was maybe ok, but the boasting by Ben (and some of his affionados) about it being top class, and the place a restaurant was way over done. Ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 4