Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

Bar’s not closed due to labour department- more to do with shortening the sign. 

Not sure how instant these things are but what happens with labour department will be interesting. If there’s no cash - maybe the staff are given the lease? 

Thailand actually has some pretty strong labour laws, it’s not just a few months back pay due. A lot of redundancy is due for people with contracts and long term service. 

My prediction will be Paul will give the landlady back the keys and fold company in debt. So all lights off completely very suddenly as no 1 left to pay the bills. Hotel at 100% occupancy won’t cover the bills. 

Its been on lifesupport for years now- in the current pattaya scene you would need deep pockets, huge optimism and a miracle. 

World moves on - 10years survival seems to be a miracle in Pattaya anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Food was maybe ok, but the boasting by Ben (and some of his affionados) about it being top class, and the place a restaurant was way over done. Ridiculous.

TS,

I remember one new food post had 14 replies 11 of them by admin/mods.all supporting that the food was top of the pops.

its funny how people are commenting now re- Ben but never when he was running the bar,if you tried to post any negative post the mods would be all over you like a bad case of the crabs.

I will go back to the bar no matter who is running it except if Moulie has any roll in it.nor would go to any bar she works in.once bitten,twice shy.

you know how it is,"make a mug of me once,all fool you.make a mug of me twice, all fool me."

regards

grayray

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, grayray said:

its funny how people are commenting now re- Ben but never when he was running the bar,if you tried to post any negative post the mods would be all over you like a bad case of the crabs.

I remember those "I barfined one of the girls and took her upstairs but all she wanted to do was watch TV so I kicked her out and no tip" threads. Much better than food comments, apart from burnt chips of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, barsie said:

Bar’s not closed due to labour department- more to do with shortening the sign. 

Not sure how instant these things are but what happens with labour department will be interesting. If there’s no cash - maybe the staff are given the lease? 

Thailand actually has some pretty strong labour laws, it’s not just a few months back pay due. A lot of redundancy is due for people with contracts and long term service. 

My prediction will be Paul will give the landlady back the keys and fold company in debt. So all lights off completely very suddenly as no 1 left to pay the bills. Hotel at 100% occupancy won’t cover the bills. 

Its been on lifesupport for years now- in the current pattaya scene you would need deep pockets, huge optimism and a miracle. 

World moves on - 10years survival seems to be a miracle in Pattaya anyway.

Has your friend Benjamin got your password 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

Obviously Ben seems ti have few friends here but he was always good to me and mine.He came to visit me in hospital when  I got sick and ended up in Bangkok Pattaya with pneumonia too...it was an act of kindness which I much appreciated.

In its day Secrets was a great bar.The  idea of the bar and getting it off the ground was his   I gather.Not many will have had the success he did in the heyday of pattaya

Always got on fine with him myself when in the bar.I have never had any reason personally to dislike the guy.Can understand others view points about some of his business practices though.

• Like 1

to be fair, Ben has zip to do with this thread really, as he has been out of the place for a while.  what ever its future, its got new owners and, maybe.. new new owners.  neither of which are in business with ben.  he didnt fill it with scooters or relaunch it a few weeks back without any PR, then wonder wy nothing happened, and he didnt close it.   some of his choices before may have affected the current situation but, finanaces aside,   he is irrelevant  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

to be fair, Ben has zip to do with this thread really, as he has been out of the place for a while.  what ever its future, its got new owners and, maybe.. new new owners.  neither of which are in business with ben.  

That is not entirely consistent with the rumours I have picked up. 

4 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

to be fair, Ben has zip to do with this thread really, as he has been out of the place for a while.  what ever its future, its got new owners and, maybe.. new new owners.  neither of which are in business with ben.  he didnt fill it with scooters or relaunch it a few weeks back without any PR, then wonder wy nothing happened, and he didnt close it.   some of his choices before may have affected the current situation but, finanaces aside,   he is irrelevant  

not as far as a number of posters are concerned...get real

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ben gave the place a reputation, of which it will be very difficult to get rid, specially when keeping the name "Secrets" anywhere around.

On the other hand, I admit that years ago he was at the origin of the place. 

After that he sabotaged / scuttled the forum and that was the end.

Agreed with Tommy and many others that considering the awfull location, without a massive P.R. operation it will be difficult to put this place back in the sunlights.

The hotel is irrelevant in this.  In fact if it keep the Shh name, it is more an handicap than an advantage IMHO.

16 hours ago, tommy dee said:

hope they have another inerested party as just heard that the person who was interested decided to spend elsewhere.. but that may be a rumour.  

prolly read here that random nosey people that have no interest in the place feel they need to know the financial in and outs of the business... and decided to pull out.

3 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

prolly read here that random nosey people that have no interest in the place feel they need to know the financial in and outs of the business... and decided to pull out.

Yep the man in the pub last night also told me the cafe racer will be open again within 30 to 40 days but I don't know him from Adam

3 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Or simply they learned something on here that they didn't know about the business ?

Yeah cause business men looking to spend some coin always base their decision on what been posted on a forum.....hence the jist of my post.

Edited by Sir_Fondles

16 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Yeah cause business men looking to spend some coin always base their decision on what been posted on a forum.....hence the jist of my post.

"Business men" .....   Mamamia....where are the roll eyes .....

Spending ones savings in a Pattaya bar doesn't make you a businessman ! 

Anyway, lets wait for the next episode.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1