Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

46 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Or simply they learned something on here that they didn't know about the business ?

Got to say forums are full of rumours and speculation sprinkled with a few facts and truth. Seems to have been that way for many years and most of those reading the info given are not stupid enough to believe everything they have read, surely.

Now Thai Visa, that is the gospel according to those who want facts and truths lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Got to say forums are full of rumours and speculation sprinkled with a few facts and truth. Seems to have been that way for many years and most of those reading the info given are not stupid enough to believe everything they have read, surely.

Now Thai Visa, that is the gospel according to those who want facts and truths lol

Not everything, but some things merit a bit of attention. As they say, when there is smoke .......

Thai visa is probably a bit more reliable, due to a different profile of members IMHO. But not gospel level !

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Not everything, but some things merit a bit of attention. As they say, when there is smoke .......

Thai visa is probably a bit more reliable, due to a different profile of members IMHO. But not gospel level !

Got to say Thai Visa is more gospel than this forum but this forum isn't set up for that.  As far as I am concerned this forum is different in many ways but speculation and rumour are just part of what social media offers, the issue is when people take it too seriously and react as if they have been slighted.

Most of those who have added info here have added it in the spirit of trying to offer up to date info from their reliable (or otherwise) sources. Whether it is correct or true will be found out down the line but if there are those who have to keep making comment on anything that might be deemed speculation then that is not really helpful except to their own needs.

I will say though that rumour and speculation where a personality is seemingly being accused of something without any evidence or basis has no place on any forum, I left a forum because of disgusting and pathetic rumours about a friend and that speculation has no place on any forum.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Yep the man in the pub last night also told me the cafe racer will be open again within 30 to 40 days but I don't know him from Adam

Miss the days of the man in the pub knowing everything.

The internet has a lot to answer for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Most of those who have added info here have added it in the spirit of trying to offer up to date info from their reliable (or otherwise) sources. Whether it is correct or true will be found out down the line but if there are those who have to keep making comment on anything that might be deemed speculation then that is not really helpful except to their own needs.

Whatever happened to confidentiality?

Two businessmen discuss a possible business proposition  and its nudge, nudge/wink,wink all over Town last night and lets all use the forum to spread and perpetuate the rumour mill.

None of you know what extraordinary steps Paul has taken to try to keep a business going that has been in existance for over 13 years.

None of us have any right to know anything about such financial negotiations other than the parties directly involved.

One thing is for sure,  the most likely way for all the staff  receive what they are due is a successful negotiation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

Whatever happened to confidentiality?

Two businessmen discuss a possible business proposition  and its nudge, nudge/wink,wink all over Town last night and lets all use the forum to spread and perpetuate the rumour mill.

None of you know what extraordinary steps Paul has taken to try to keep a business going that has been in existance for over 13 years.

None of us have any right to know anything about such financial negotiations other than the parties directly involved.

One thing is for sure,  the most likely way for all the staff  receive what they are due is a successful negotiation.

Danny, i agree with a little you write re hoping it gets resolved and staff taken care of. 

however secrets has had a good run here, promo for the hotel and the bar when it opened.    from what i hear Paul has done his level best in most areas but there was nothing done to promote the bar when it opened,  not an ounce of marketing.  as in zip,

and the recent closed for spring cleaning  took patrons and ex patrons for fools, which they arent.

i hope it does get sorted and re opened and staff and suppliers all happy, but please dont blame the public for questioning BS in some cases, 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Two people yes , but they are obviously telling others themselves otherwise how do the rumours start .... 

Unhappy staff are also going to talk , especially if they haven't been paid ... same as an unhappy customers will tell more people about bad service rather than good 

Businesses are happy to use forums and social media to promote their offerings, but must remember its a double edged sword ...especially when information given out is clearly rubbish , "closed two months for utilities work" springs to mind ..

I concur.....also there being many ex Secrets members here isn't exactly going to see a silence when so many had an interest in putting coin across the bar and hotel. And they still will if it ever opens again and I will probably be one of them.

I did say once that having a forum associated with a bar etc could come back to bite you in the arse when things go a little in the wrong direction.  Sad but true and rumour and speculation are just going to rear their head, ugly or not on occasions..

I hope it works out for Scooters and Secrets whatever happens

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, tommy dee said:

Danny, i agree with a little you write re hoping it gets resolved and staff taken care of. 

however secrets has had a good run here, promo for the hotel and the bar when it opened.    from what i hear Paul has done his level best in most areas but there was nothing done to promote the bar when it opened,  not an ounce of marketing.  as in zip,

and the recent closed for spring cleaning  took patrons and ex patrons for fools, which they arent.

i hope it does get sorted and re opened and staff and suppliers all happy, but please dont blame the public for questioning BS in some cases, 

That was not a statement issued by Paul or as far as I am aware issued with his approval by Scooters. It was one effectively soon corrected when an email written to a prospective Hotel guest was immediately posted on all the forums. The contents of that email was 100 % accurate at the time so it did not matter really but nevertheless, so much for confidentiality!

It was a year or so after Paul became owner of Secrets that I first spoke to him. I wanted to before that as I had this sinking feeling that he had been sold a pup by the previous owner but my wife kept reminding me "It's not  your business". Quite literally Sai's comment was correct yet I felt sorry for Paul and I did not even know him at the time. Having known that everyone else had got stitched up one way or another why should Paul be any different?

I do know Paul now and I really like the guy and he was sold a pup. He has worked tirelessly to try to keep Secrets (Scooters) going and in recent weeks doing so whilst having chemo for a new tumour next to his spine.

Anyone that risks their own personal capital in the entertainment business in Pattaya for the enjoyment of all of us who actually live here or visit here deserves to be applauded and receive our support. Paul has gone way beyond what probably made sound  economic sense and I KNOW he turned down several offers previously where none of the staff would have been retained. It has probably gone beyond that now but to this day he is working to try to ensure staff are paid what is due. He certainly does not deserve the criticism he has received on this forum by the circulating vultures just waiting to say "I told you so."

There are several members on this forum who so dislike Ben that they would rather see a business that Ben has not had an involvement in for years simply go under thus ensuring the staff are never paid. I have nothing but contempt for you ( I don't mean "YOU" personally Tommy 😛) and I say that as somebody whose last "conversation" with Ben was him screaming "call the police!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

@Jambo,

Just my personal opinion, mate : Disengage yourself completely with Secrets / scooters / bar / hotel / owners etc.....

I can not see this bringing any positive to you, very much the opposite in fact.

The ship has sailed. 

Just my personal 2 cents.

While I don't disagree that's easier said than done I haven't been involved in secrets for 6 years plus and I still feel a part of it. But I don't disagree

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

That was not a statement issued by Paul or as far as I am aware issued with his approval by Scooters. It was one effectively soon corrected when an email written to a prospective Hotel guest was immediately posted on all the forums. The contents of that email was 100 % accurate at the time so it did not matter really but nevertheless, so much for confidentiality!

It was a year or so after Paul became owner of Secrets that I first spoke to him. I wanted to before that as I had this sinking feeling that he had been sold a pup by the previous owner but my wife kept reminding me "It's not  your business". Quite literally Sai's comment was correct yet I felt sorry for Paul and I did not even know him at the time. Having known that everyone else had got stitched up one way or another why should Paul be any different?

I do know Paul now and I really like the guy and he was sold a pup. He has worked tirelessly to try to keep Secrets (Scooters) going and in recent weeks doing so whilst having chemo for a new tumour next to his spine.

Anyone that risks their own personal capital in the entertainment business in Pattaya for the enjoyment of all of us who actually live here or visit here deserves to be applauded and receive our support. Paul has gone way beyond what probably made sound  economic sense and I KNOW he turned down several offers previously where none of the staff would have been retained. It has probably gone beyond that now but to this day he is working to try to ensure staff are paid what is due. He certainly does not deserve the criticism he has received on this forum by the circulating vultures just waiting to say "I told you so."

There are several members on this forum who so dislike Ben that they would rather see a business that Ben has not had an involvement in for years simply go under thus ensuring the staff are never paid. I have nothing but contempt for you ( I don't mean "YOU" personally Tommy 😛) and I say that as somebody whose last "conversation" with Ben was him screaming "call the police!"

i think a lot of us have tried to separate the new shh  from the old shh for numerous reasons, whilst, as u say, some still see it as ben's golden goose, and we all know what happened to the goose.  the tales of yor are legendary, if almost unbelievable but true, but that was the past.  it was down to the new team to register with the public that this wasnt a new chapter, but a new book..

as said, this chap steve seems to have tried, perhaps in a deal he didnt understand,  and now you have stated ( not I) tht he is ill, so we can comment on that, i wish him a speedy recovery.

but the fact remains, sadly, that despite his investment, the pr  and marketing has been seriously dire.  even  "Jambo ate my hamster" would have got some foot traffic.

sadder is that in spite of the past.. someone will pickup the ball at that building and, in under a year, changes in the area will see it thrive..  but if they have any brains, as said, it will be a clean sheet, new company and newstart.  i hope that can be this chap who has, at least, tried his best

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

who am I to say being an outsider and zero emotional attachment.....but sometimes that lens of objectivity can see things differently. Sometimes the vision of seeing the forest through the trees is just crystal clear.

Secrets, when primary ownership changed only had one thing they needed to do to have a good chance of success again....could even create some positivity out of the negativity that became associated with the brand...

That would of been to figure a way to give Larry a sizeable chunk of equity vested equally in 1/4s over a 4 year period, let him do what he was GREAT at, both from a forum and a day to day on property basis,  than surround him with a few folk who might be really good at what Larry might not be so great at, and just step aside as a silent or passive majority shareholder and let nature take its course.

I would venture to say nobody played a bigger role in the success of Secrets than Larry!

• Like 2