Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

2 minutes ago, BarryL said:

is BS. was there last week and same as always, not so busy but weekend nights ok.

Barry I think you'll find what happens in the bar and what happens behind the scenes are going to be two very different things in most cases they're not going to air the laundry out in the bar so to speak. If in fact there is anything to be aired out.

• Like 1

Unfortunately forums have a lot of bullshit and even some from people who are not even here in Thailand. There are a lot of wannabes who don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. They are jealous of bar owners and think how lucky they are. I can tell you first hand that it is certainly not a bed of roses.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Barry I think you'll find what happens in the bar and what happens behind the scenes are going to be two very different things in most cases they're not going to air the laundry out in the bar so to speak. If in fact there is anything to be aired out.

With great respect,there was a time when what happened "in bar" bore a striking resemblence to that which occured "without"

I guess the armfulls full of steaming gladioli and the ambiance created thereof,with the minor help of mere wiff of Tequila were,of course, against  my better judgement and, to my undying shame  a focussed,yes focussed, lazer like beacon  for the multitude of waifs and strays drawn to a portly frame  of religious proportions .

I battled gamefully  but twas young ..ish  and was inevitably doomed to fail in a similar manner to my forebears 

I hope the plaque is is still there in relief zone 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

any news on secrets itself?  opening/re opening/ sold/ not for sale

Ben said on the Secrets Board, that Paul was still thinking what do with the bar.

He also highly recommended the enquirer trying a few days in Phnom Penh- you can't blame a boy for trying😀

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bazle said:

But re-opening as what?

Why do they think this time will be different from last time?

I would have guessed they would have rebranded it but if that was going to take place it would have happened before this I would assume and they would have started promotional material

1 hour ago, misteregg said:

Speaking to both Scooters and Secrets owners, they are both confident of reopening on Sept 1st.

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

That's what I've been told as well but there's been zero promotion of the reopening it's only a couple weeks away

Was talking to "Deepthroat" today and December was mentioned for reopening although confidence in that statement wasn't high.

47 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Funny you should ask I ran into her and mook at a Thai BBQ about a week ago they both looked well and both were pretty adamant about not going back to work there

dont know the the ins and outs mate...but the empty pocket emojs tugged faintly at my heartstrings ...for a nanosecond...fortunately my  limited attention brain  span clicked in seemlessly

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

A couple of them told me they had to sign a resignation letter when they were paid out so they probably won't go back to work based on that alone

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Sneaky way to get out of severance payouts, disgusting business practice.