Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

1 hour ago, jezza said:

whatever happened to Steve Martin aka martini?

Good guy and one of the original shareholders.

Decided offer his shares for sale and the company repurchased them in an amicable arrangement which I inherited and helped administer.

Edited by Jambo

There’s a chance I could call in only to be nosey really. Still even from outside but of a weird 1. Didn’t look like a build up to big re- opening. No 1 around other than staff doing balloons, only notice of party is 1 A4 piece of paper on hotel door. 

• Great Info 1

1 minute ago, barsie said:

only notice of party is 1 A4 piece of paper on hotel door. 

That"ll work!!

I'm sure it's been heavily publicised on social media by the experienced and proactive social media team that they have....

...er..... anyone seen it advertised anywhere?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Painter said:

That"ll work!!

I'm sure it's been heavily publicised on social media by the experienced and proactive social media team that they have....

...er..... anyone seen it advertised anywhere?

Don't you read The Pattya Sunday Bugle ..... ??? all over it .... 

13 hours ago, Jambo said:

Good guy and one of the original shareholders.

Decided offer his shares for sale and the company repurchased them in an amicable arrangement which I inherited and helped administer.

Is there anybody that wasn't a shareholder in secrets lol?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I went for about half an hour a little earlier.

I got to Soi 14 via Walking Street. The first thing I noticed was the total lack of Scootrets "hello girls" on WS.

When I entered the place, it felt a bit more inviting than the last time, although there seems to be no change of furnishings. The most likely reason was that there were a few people there - probably in the region of 20 customers. I think (but am far from certain) that the lighting might be a bit more subdued. There are a lot of blue ceiling lights, which I don't recall from before.

There were maybe half a dozen Scootrets hostesses there, plus a few girls from other Scooters bars. It was a good 15 minutes before a girl asked if she could join me. The price of a drink bought some info about who some of the people were. "Him big boss". "Him boss Scooters, Soi Buakhao". "Him son boss, manager". She girlfriend boss Soi Buakhao". Etc. By the time those people were taken into account, I wonder how many paying customers were actually there!

The biggest change, as far as I could see, was that ALL beers were being sold at 89 Baht. The girl said it wasn't just a promotion but that would be the ongoing price.

Lady drink 150 Baht; barfine 800 Baht (which I did not pay!).

In summary, it seems that they are depending on selling beer at a lower price than before will be what gives them a different result than before. I wouldn't be putting even a Satang on that!

Any old Secrets staff left or all new ? 

28 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Any old Secrets staff left or all new ? 

I was not a frequent visitor to Secrets, so can't really tell you. I went most when I was regularly bar-fining a girl on the service staff there. A barmaid asked me tonight how that girl was, so I'm guessing the barmaid must be from the old staff.

It was a good early evening and by about 10 pm plenty of customers. Scooters apparently did a lot of promotion on social media.

Most of the staff were new. More starting during this week so I am told. A few familiar faces behind the bar. 

However , absolutely no reflection on the Bar at all but I went up to my room after Spurs scored their second goal as I could not take any more of watching the rest of the game in company.  With regard to Arsenal/Spuds derby matches I am a very, very bad loser.

By the time I fired up my lap top not only had the second half started but I missed the Gooners goal just before half time. The rest of the second half was totally dominated by Arsenal and I was worn out and ultimately frustrated by the end. :default_biggrin:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

It was a good early evening and by about 10 pm plenty of customers. Scooters apparently did a lot of promotion on social media.

Most of the staff were new. More starting during this week so I am told. A few familiar faces behind the bar. 

However , absolutely no reflection on the Bar at all but I went up to my room after Spurs scored their second goal as I could not take any more of watching the rest of the game in company.  With regard to Arsenal/Spuds derby matches I am a very, very bad loser.

By the time I fired up my lap top not only had the second half started but I missed the Gooners goal just before half time. The rest of the second half was totally dominated by Arsenal and I was worn out and ultimately frustrated by the end. :default_biggrin:

Ya should have won ........however .... Spurs stormed back in the final 5 minutes and it was squeaky bum time ........ and Xhaka finally got booked in the 92 minute after his 108th foul.

You wouldn't have enjoyed it .... Harry Kane dived twice for penalties and one was close too. You need Marty Feldman back for a bit of creativity. Pepe looks great btw!!

Great game for the neutral to watch ...but we are down to 7th now ...still a good start. Title is won by Man City already (better squad than Liverpool).

So do they show football now in Secrscooterets ??? ...... are they doing your lovely 99 Baht menu again ?? ....one can but dream and be nostalgic .... 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2019 at 6:50 PM, Krapow said:

I used to get asked at school why I was so popular with the girls.

I'd always answer I don't know, while licking my eyebrows at the same time.

An oldie but a goodie.  I still had a full head of brown hair the first time I heard that one (and that's a long, long time ago....)