Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

35 minutes ago, Sa-teef said:

An oldie but a goodie.  I still had a full head of brown hair the first time I heard that one (and that's a long, long time ago....)

Aha, the pictures man. 

I just mentioned you the other day on here, saying I hoped you start posting your pics. 

• Thumbs Up 2

38 minutes ago, Sa-teef said:

An oldie but a goodie.  I still had a full head of brown hair the first time I heard that one (and that's a long, long time ago....)

G'day mate hope we see some of your great work on here,think you will find it is fully appreciated here

regards

grayray

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Aha, the pictures man. 

I just mentioned you the other day on here, saying I hoped you start posting your pics. 

I have a progressive vision issue with my left dominant eye and I've done very little photography in the past six months. But I just renewed my subscription on my third party server so maybe I will get back at it again?  It's like learning all over again using my other eye and not so much fun, hehehe.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Ya should have won ........however .... Spurs stormed back in the final 5 minutes and it was squeaky bum time ........ and Xhaka finally got booked in the 92 minute after his 108th foul.

You wouldn't have enjoyed it .... Harry Kane dived twice for penalties and one was close too. You need Marty Feldman back for a bit of creativity. Pepe looks great btw!!

Great game for the neutral to watch ...but we are down to 7th now ...still a good start. Title is won by Man City already (better squad than Liverpool).

So do they show football now in Secrscooterets ??? ...... are they doing your lovely 99 Baht menu again ?? ....one can but dream and be nostalgic .... 

I have HDPrime on my laptop so I only missed a couple of minutes either side of half time but sadly that included Arsenal's first goal which is a bit of a sod considering what I had endured up to then. 😟 The second half was like waves of Zulu's at Roukes Drift with the Spuds defending in desperation.

I am just a customer these days. As there was complimentary food I did not see the new evening menu. Apparently much more of an extended Bar Snack orientated menu requiring just Sith to run on his own.

Well the footy was certainly showing last night but as I mentioned, I am a customer only in Scooters Bar/Nightclub.

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Sa-teef said:

I have a progressive vision issue with my left dominant eye and I've done very little photography in the past six months. But I just renewed my subscription on my third party server so maybe I will get back at it again?  It's like learning all over again using my other eye and not so much fun, hehehe.

Welcome back Sir, I miss your quality girlie pics.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2019 at 8:31 AM, Jambo said:

It was a good early evening and by about 10 pm plenty of customers. Scooters apparently did a lot of promotion on social media.

Most of the staff were new. More starting during this week so I am told. A few familiar faces behind the bar. 

However , absolutely no reflection on the Bar at all but I went up to my room after Spurs scored their second goal as I could not take any more of watching the rest of the game in company.  With regard to Arsenal/Spuds derby matches I am a very, very bad loser.

By the time I fired up my lap top not only had the second half started but I missed the Gooners goal just before half time. The rest of the second half was totally dominated by Arsenal and I was worn out and ultimately frustrated by the end. :default_biggrin:

A rumour often spoken - yet no one seems to know what social media promoting they do having never seen it. 

Anyone know what new bar hours are? Secrets previously being pretty much open 24 hours.

It's simple... 

The secrets forum supported the bar and guest house and now that the forum is no longer what it was a few years ago now its time to re locate the bar and guest house.

Location, get out of that dead end soi as its a battle to get people thru the door... 

New location and a new start or just wrap it up... 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

It should have been completely rebranded imo with a major attraction to entice the punters in, there are other successful venues nearby that suffer the same lack of footfall but seem to do ok.

Yes but the other venues you speak of are on Soi 15 where there are a few different venues beavers dollhouse electric blue Misty's Sapphire. Where scooters is the only other thing they're on the whole soi is the back door to the dollhouse which is used very little anyway

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

It's simple... 

The secrets forum supported the bar and guest house and now that the forum is no longer what it was this has moved on to the bar and guest house.

Location, get out of that soi as its a battle to get people thru the door... 

New location and a new start or just wrap it up... 

You hit the nail on the head it has to do with the Forum without it Secrets wouldn't have been there as long as it was absolutely no question about it. That's a destination location by that I mean you've got to go out for the evening and say hey let's go to scooters chances are if you're down on walking Street you're not going to go by it on your bar hop and say oh look at this place let's go in. In my opinion the location is terrible without the Forum and even with the Forum it's not great but we made it work. But without the Forum I don't think it stands a chance and that said I would be more than happy to be wrong.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

You hit the nail on the head it has to do with the Forum without it Secrets wouldn't have been there as long as it was absolutely no question about it. That's a destination location by that I mean you've got to go out for the evening and say hey let's go to scooters chances are if you're down on walking Street you're not going to go by it on your bar hop and say oh look at this place let's go in. In my opinion the location is terrible without the Forum and even with the Forum it's not great but we made it work. But without the Forum I don't think it stands a chance and that said I would be more than happy to be wrong.

Larry,

in the end you,Phil and the BGs along with the forum made Secrets.

regards

grayray

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1