Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

6 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

You hit the nail on the head it has to do with the Forum without it Secrets wouldn't have been there as long as it was absolutely no question about it. That's a destination location by that I mean you've got to go out for the evening and say hey let's go to scooters chances are if you're down on walking Street you're not going to go by it on your bar hop and say oh look at this place let's go in. In my opinion the location is terrible without the Forum and even with the Forum it's not great but we made it work. But without the Forum I don't think it stands a chance and that said I would be more than happy to be wrong.

A couple of folks aided in driving the forum into the ground. Unfortunate really. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I went through some photos tonight and found some of some of the party nights a lot of characters in these photos all that played a huge part in Making Secrets what it was. I especially like the photo of Mister Egg and spotty he had Hot Rocks for her

FB_IMG_1567397967076.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397925451.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397909121.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397895228.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397829331.jpgFB_IMG_1567397778667.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397765939.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397757121.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397711190.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397699130.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397692371.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397684459.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397671342.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397663755.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397640923.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397650757.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397650757.jpg

Gal.... Did she shit on your lap ???   55555

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, grayray said:

Larry,

in the end you,Phil and the BGs along with the forum made Secrets.

regards

grayray

I thought it went downhill when Ben left …………………….. I'll get me coat  :default_527:   😀

Edited by bob lt
  • Haha 5

On 9/5/2019 at 2:38 PM, grayray said:

Larry,

in the end you,Phil and the BGs along with the forum made Secrets.

regards

grayray

@grayray.... why the confused emoji on my post???

I am sure Ben had a big say/involvement  in the hiring of Larry....Phil … and the girls at Secrets.....  so going by you and a few others on their comments of the two fellows and the girls.... that was one of the things he got right.

cheers

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, roobob said:

@grayray.... why the confused emoji on my post???

I am sure Ben had a big say/involvement  in the hiring of Larry....Phil … and the girls at Secrets.....  so going by you and a few others on their comments of the two fellows and the girls.... that was one of the things he got right.

cheers

As your previous post you posted that Ben did some right things obviously in the making of Secrets to which I wholeheartedly agree. In the case of my hiring I believe that was totally done by him. But also most of the reason I left was because of him. Things change people change it's just life.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

As your previous post you posted that Ben did some right things obviously in the making of Secrets to which I wholeheartedly agree. In the case of my hiring I believe that was totally done by him. But also most of the reason I left was because of him. Things change people change it's just life.

Understand that and agree.... not the first time and will not be the last time someone will leave over a difference between them and the person who employed them.... and as you said...that's life.

cheers

• Like 1

Without reading this all the way through again I was just wondering if you are the man trying to run the Scooters business at the Secrets location and hoping to get patrons to come through the doors on a regular basis whether or not this 35 page thread has been a positive addition in that endeavor or an arrow through the heart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Without reading this all the way through again I was just wondering if you are the man trying to run the Scooters business at the Secrets location and hoping to get patrons to come through the doors on a regular basis whether or not this 35 page thread has been a positive addition in that endeavor or an arrow through the heart.

Hard to see it as a positive, it's a flashback to an era long gone when the bar(and many others) had a plentiful supply of customers and girls.

Looking at the photos that BM Yesitsdakid posted on the previous page, am almost 100% sure looking at the people in a couple of the shots and even what was on the TV the background,I was in there at the time.

But none of this helps the new owner. They were great, fun times but unless the new guy has a Tardis/time-machine handy to turn back the clock, just photos of a business he's never going to own.

Shame but there it is.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, roobob said:

Understand that and agree.... not the first time and will not be the last time someone will leave over a difference between them and the person who employed them.... and as you said...that's life.

cheers

After what happened to Larry at Secrets i can totally understand why he quit.

Ben should of been the one arrested.

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

who?could not see who you were referring to ..at my age I need things spelling out 

43 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

who?could not see who you were referring to ..at my age I need things spelling out 

Don't worry yourself, it's not about you but hopefully most reading my post will understand who it relates to, the owners of Scooters.

I will even add that if I was the new owner/manager of a bar that had 'associations' with a previous set up and found that there were pages and pages on fora of negative (OK some positive) comments that are probably related to the old set up then maybe I might wish I hadn't associated my brand at that location in the first place. I wonder whether if the location was purely a Scooters vehicle as part of their branded bars around town whether it would fare better than it seems to be actually doing now.

Many will say the location is a no no but there are many places around town that are not in the ideal location yet do well because they have a good product. If the girls that I have seen in the Scooters bars in LK etc were serving me in this location I would be in there most nights. 

Of course I could be way off here and it could also be related to the lack of tourists etc at this time but I do hope it succeeds as I would like a drink there, looks a good set up for me and the reduction in prices seem to offer a good deal. I wish it well but I am really talking about Scooters as I like their themed set up.

15 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Don't worry yourself, it's not about you but hopefully most reading my post will understand who it relates to, the owners of Scooters.

I will even add that if I was the new owner/manager of a bar that had 'associations' with a previous set up and found that there were pages and pages on fora of negative (OK some positive) comments that are probably related to the old set up then maybe I might wish I hadn't associated my brand at that location in the first place. I wonder whether if the location was purely a Scooters vehicle as part of their branded bars around town whether it would fare better than it seems to be actually doing now.

Many will say the location is a no no but there are many places around town that are not in the ideal location yet do well because they have a good product. If the girls that I have seen in the Scooters bars in LK etc were serving me in this location I would be in there most nights. 

Of course I could be way off here and it could also be related to the lack of tourists etc at this time but I do hope it succeeds as I would like a drink there, looks a good set up for me and the reduction in prices seem to offer a good deal. I wish it well but I am really talking about Scooters as I like their themed set up.

i wasnt even thinking it was about me...so ...whats with  alluding to an issue on a general forum ,about which you wont discuss in a general forum??

I would prefer that you dont  pat  the members here  on the head  and for us not to worry our stunning  balding pates about it  🙄

It smacks of grandstanding ...and indeed ,delusions of grandeur ...but Im sure that wasnt what you meant to do ..was it?

Edited by Ivan the terrible

10 minutes ago, Ivan the terrible said:

i wasnt even thinking it was about me...so ...whats with  alluding to an issue on a general forum ,about which you wont discuss in a general forum??

I would prefer that you dont  pat  the members here  on the head  and for us not to worry our stunning  balding pates about it  🙄

It smacks of grandstanding ...and indeed ,delusions of grandeur ...but Im sure that wasnt what you meant to do ..was it?

Sorry but not with you at all, not sure what this patting of heads or grandstanding is about, certainly I don't see that in my comments

It was a personal view which was borne of 35 pages of comment about Scooters at Secrets.

My comment also was trying to understand why such a lovely environment doesn't seem to be bringing in the punters in the numbers I am sure Scooters (The Brand) is used to.

If you are opening a bar it may be that 35 pages of comments about the old set up (mostly), how it was associated with a forum giving reason for how well it did previously just may have some bearing on how well the business is doing now and how it will perform going forward.

In basic terms is this thread detrimental or a benefit to the business.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Sorry but not with you at all, not sure what this patting of heads or grandstanding is about, certainly I don't see that in my comments

It was a personal view which was borne of 35 pages of comment about Scooters at Secrets.

My comment also was trying to understand why such a lovely environment doesn't seem to be bringing in the punters in the numbers I am sure Scooters (The Brand) is used to.

If you are opening a bar it may be that 35 pages of comments about the old set up (mostly), how it was associated with a forum giving reason for how well it did previously just may have some bearing on how well the business is doing now and how it will perform going forward.

In basic terms is this thread detrimental or a benefit to the business.

woosh..and I will leave it at that!

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

After what happened to Larry at Secrets i can totally understand why he quit.

Ben should of been the one arrested.

I cannot comment on what happened as I was not privy to it mate..... and it is between Larry and Ben so do not really want to know.... none of my business.  Larry made his decision and I respect his decision and understands where he is coming from with the comment of life moves on.

The point I was making.... for all of Ben's misgivings..... he did some goods things while he was there and the original hiring of Larry and later Phil were a couple of them.

cheers

• Like 2

On 9/5/2019 at 4:13 PM, Yesitisdakid said:

I went through some photos tonight and found some of some of the party nights a lot of characters in these photos all that played a huge part in Making Secrets what it was. I especially like the photo of Mister Egg and spotty he had Hot Rocks for her

FB_IMG_1567397967076.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397925451.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397909121.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397895228.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397829331.jpgFB_IMG_1567397778667.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397765939.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397757121.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397711190.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397699130.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397692371.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397684459.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397671342.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397663755.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397640923.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397650757.jpg

FB_IMG_1567397650757.jpg

Great pics Larry TFP, good to see and remember the wonderful characters that made Secrets and its forum so good.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Great pics Larry TFP, good to see and remember the wonderful characters that made Secrets and its forum so good.

Shame that red faced drunk bloke in the black Puma shirt and England football shorts looked a right state.😀

That was the 7th anniversary party and i think my 45th birthday if my memory serves me well.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Shame that red faced drunk bloke in the black Puma shirt and England football shorts looked a right state.😀

That was the 7th anniversary party and i think my 45th birthday if my memory serves me well.

Secrets would'nt be the same without ya and your attire lol, good ya had a great night.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Secrets would'nt be the same without ya and your attire lol, good ya had a great night.

True had many a great night in there with young Gal ........ the Loftus Road QPR pisshead :default_drinks: ....... and around town too .... we just used to start off in Secrets !!!

• Thumbs Up 2