Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

5 hours ago, Horizondave said:

If you are opening a bar it may be that 35 pages of comments about the old set up (mostly), how it was associated with a forum giving reason for how well it did previously just may have some bearing on how well the business is doing now and how it will perform going forward.

In basic terms is this thread detrimental or a benefit to the business.

Maybe could be turned into a benefit if the bar was being plugged on here. You don't get 35 pages of comments from people who don't give a shit. Compare this to the number of comments on their Facebook page. There's a lot more love on the boards. 

Is the Secrets association really a problem? Secrets was a popular and successful bar and there seem to be a fair bit of nostalgia for it here. Would anyone be put off going to Beavers because they didn't like Babydolls? (perish the thought.)

And as for Scooter's "a few yards off the beaten track" location being a problem, it doesn't seem to be a problem for Pattaya Beer Garden.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, monkeyman said:

Maybe could be turned into a benefit if the bar was being plugged on here. You don't get 35 pages of comments from people who don't give a shit. Compare this to the number of comments on their Facebook page. There's a lot more love on the boards. 

Is the Secrets association really a problem? Secrets was a popular and successful bar and there seem to be a fair bit of nostalgia for it here. Would anyone be put off going to Beavers because they didn't like Babydolls? (perish the thought.)

And as for Scooter's "a few yards off the beaten track" location being a problem, it doesn't seem to be a problem for Pattaya Beer Garden.

I agree mostly but I assume the Scooters owners are not members here? They could certainly add a positive note just like Phil does at Le Pub. There is a lot of love here I am sure but also those who seem to think it will not last, friends of friends on here may not go because of negative comments.

Also if Secrets did so well why aren't those guys going to Scooters at the same location.  I know there isn't a forum as such anymore but those people are still around and Secrets was once a place they wanted to be visiting so what has happened.  Is it the Scooters association that could be the problem or was Secrets loosing it's appeal well before this new joint venture..

For me the location isn't a problem and would never be a problem if I liked the place and the offering.  As you say the PBG has a loyal patronage and it isn't right on the main road although it does benefit from a great view for eating.

I liked Secrets and will aim to visit the Scooters/Secrets bar at Christmas time if it is still in operation.

I was just adding some differing views, none of which may be correct but just wondered how this thread was being perceived either as a positive or negative influence on those who might consider visiting Scooters off Walking Street..

1 minute ago, Horizondave said:

I agree mostly but I assume the Scooters owners are not members here? They could certainly add a positive note just like Phil does at Le Pub. There is a lot of love here I am sure but also those who seem to think it will not last, friends of friends on here may not go because of negative comments.

Also if Secrets did so well why aren't those guys going to Scooters at the same location.  I know there isn't a forum as such anymore but those people are still around and Secrets was once a place they wanted to be visiting so what has happened.  Is it the Scooters association that could be the problem or was Secrets loosing it's appeal well before this new joint venture..

For me the location isn't a problem and would never be a problem if I liked the place and the offering.  As you say the PBG has a loyal patronage and it isn't right on the main road although it does benefit from a great view for eating.

I liked Secrets and will aim to visit the Scooters/Secrets bar at Christmas time if it is still in operation.

I was just adding some differing views, none of which may be correct but just wondered how this thread was being perceived either as a positive or negative influence on those who might consider visiting Scooters off Walking Street..

You make some good points. Maybe the Scooters owners are on here and have read the threads about Secrets here as there is a couple of topics running and have decided why comment at all. Really overall... most  of the comments have been negative and a fair few have put the boot in to the former establishments because it is down and out.

I think the problem is that some cannot accept that Secrets as most knew it  is no more..... it has run its course…. a shame... but that is how it is .... things have changed... but many cannot accept the fact and move on... time they did..

It was a great place.... but Larry summed it up in another post.... life moves on..... and really I think some should move on also.

Remember the memories...but life goes on.

cheers 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, galenkia said:

After what happened to Larry at Secrets i can totally understand why he quit.

Ben should of been the one arrested.

Neither of them should have been, especially Larry.

That was something that could have been resolved with discussion and warning. Unfortunate and unnecessary outcome.

12 hours ago, roobob said:

@grayray.... why the confused emoji on my post???

I am sure Ben had a big say/involvement  in the hiring of Larry....Phil … and the girls at Secrets.....  so going by you and a few others on their comments of the two fellows and the girls.... that was one of the things he got right.

cheers

maybe one day the true story how much Ben stood behind Larry when the shit hit the fan.

also some of the BMs could tell more than few stories.

me, iam more than happy he is in Cambodia.

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, roobob said:

Maybe the Scooters owners are on here and....

In that case why not have made from the beginning a clear statement, confirming this is now a whole new bar, with a completely new management, and nothing to do anymore with the old Secrets, except the location and proximity of the hotel.

But than again, that was not the case, and the insistance / involvement of some previous Secrets management in the beginning has IMHO not helped, rather the opposite.

Just my 5 eurocents.

12 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

In that case why not have made from the beginning a clear statement, confirming this is now a whole new bar, with a completely new management, and nothing to do anymore with the old Secrets, except the location and proximity of the hotel.

But than again, that was not the case, and the insistance / involvement of some previous Secrets management in the beginning has IMHO not helped, rather the opposite.

Just my 5 eurocents.

They did join , back in early April , only posted a couple of times and haven't logged on since 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, grayray said:

maybe one day the true story how much Ben stood behind Larry when the shit hit the fan.

also some of the BMs could tell more than few stories.

me, iam more than happy he is in Cambodia.

regards

grayray

I nearly choked on my muesli when I read your opening sentence. I reckon you could have worded that a little better. 😛

A few stories?

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

They did join , back in early April , only posted a couple of times and haven't logged on since 

Yes, I remember they posted. Cant remember the content, so....thats a sign. 

9 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I could write a book

Later maybe ?  Not a bad idea.

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Owner or manager was around for a few days back in April.

Scooter Man.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jambo said:

I nearly choked on my muesli when I read your opening sentence. I reckon you could have worded that a little better. 😛

A few stories?

Jambo,

I was doing a bit of  :default_268213: 

why would you nearly choke on ya muesli??

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Khun Ling said:

There are some posts already on here relating to Soi7s time at Soi9. Not sure which threads or if they are still there but some interesting stuff from Wombat and Jambo 

The night this took place they came in and it wasn't me they were looking for. I ended up going to soi 9 because when they ask for the party they were interested in I told them didn't even know him. Told them I didn't work for him I work for a corporation. At that point I was arrested and Taken. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

27 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

The night this took place they came in and it wasn't me they were looking for. I ended up going to soi 9 because when they ask for the party they were interested in I told them didn't even know him. Told them I didn't work for him I work for a corporation. At that point I was arrested and Taken. 

that was your mistake Larry.  Lying to the Police.  a big no no

we all know you have never worked in your life ..

• Haha 7