Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

29 minutes ago, BarryL said:

Thank you for pictures

Wish them good fortune but just another bar now and no reason to go there.

think will not last long

Got to be honest saying 'it's just another bar' is a bit odd, of course if the themed bar product doesn't appeal to you then that might be a reason for not going but bars open all the time but does that mean you will not go to any of them because they are new.

Scooters has found a theme, a business idea that appears to be working hence the opening of yet another part of the brand.  Plenty of people attend their other bars (so I am told) so I doubt it will fold soon.  Of course if their offering, their business plan becomes stale then it may not last long but I think they have a good product and they will attract a good following.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Scooters in LK Metro and I was taken care of very well by their excellent staff, I like the style of the place, the girls look great in their uniforms and I am sure I will visit.  If I don't like it when there then of course I might not go back but I will give it a try as that experience will enable me to have an informed view rather than knocking a place without even stepping inside it.

• Like 5
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I visited the one in Phnom Penh last night ....... :default_bananas: ...............

hope Scooters does well.

Recognise my favourite Egyptian Ed and Ton of course always there and Ivan the Terrible's favourite katoey George still there hope it does well. Fair few Chang vests but takes all sorts ....

will drop in mid week..... like Larry on the scooter he can't ride a drunken Mexican donkey on agave tequila let alone a scooter  ........ 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, BarryL said:

Thank you for pictures

Wish them good fortune but just another bar now and no reason to go there.

think will not last long

Well Scooters now have four bars running in Pattaya after opening a new venue so they must be doing something right and Secrets have no bars running in Pattaya due to the owner deciding to move on.

Maybe it is time for some of the disciples of Secrets to take a leaf out of Bens book and move on.... it is no more in Patts.... and if you do want to go to Secrets Bar... go to his new one.

cheers 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

8 hours ago, Jambo said:

[...]

The six that were drafted in from their other bars for the opening have apparently all asked to stay permanantly.

Draftees requesting to stay is always a positive sign. The problem with Secrets was always the location (slightly off the beaten path), which was overcome in the beginning with good management and proper advertising. The location is the same, but improved management can do a lot.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Got to be honest saying 'it's just another bar' is a bit odd, of course if the themed bar product doesn't appeal to you then that might be a reason for not going but bars open all the time but does that mean you will not go to any of them because they are new.

Scooters has found a theme, a business idea that appears to be working hence the opening of yet another part of the brand.  Plenty of people attend their other bars (so I am told) so I doubt it will fold soon.  Of course if their offering, their business plan becomes stale then it may not last long but I think they have a good product and they will attract a good following.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Scooters in LK Metro and I was taken care of very well by their excellent staff, I like the style of the place, the girls look great in their uniforms and I am sure I will visit.  If I don't like it when there then of course I might not go back but I will give it a try as that experience will enable me to have an informed view rather than knocking a place without even stepping inside it.

think this bar better for area like LK Metro. I not bar expert and not now bar busness.

maybe it suceed maybe not but think odds against it that area with that overhead sell that product

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, roobob said:

Well Scooters now have four bars running in Pattaya after opening a new venue so they must be doing something right and Secrets have no bars running in Pattaya due to the owner deciding to move on.

Maybe it is time for some of the disciples of Secrets to take a leaf out of Bens book and move on.... it is no more in Patts.... and if you do want to go to Secrets Bar... go to his new one.

cheers 

some say hooters not suceed and it still there to. 

time will tell for scooters to. like hooters they have some fail and some suceed.

I think secrets cambodia will fail to unles owner have lots of money.

maybe scooters have lots to spend here to. they will need lots

just seem wrong model for area.

I think the Scooter business model is very good and i've spent many a night in the one on Soi buakhao never used it for people watching and i've mostly sat inside towards the back but thats my choice on where to sit in the open bar.. many like to be on the open end of the bar people watching and drinking.

Now i really hope it works out for the new bar owners but its going to be hard to fill the place without any use internet marketing.

I've only seen the transformation on this forum and secrets forum and not all over social media...

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

I think the Scooter business model is very good and i've spent many a night in the one on Soi buakhao never used it for people watching and i've mostly sat inside towards the back but thats my choice on where to sit in the open bar.. many like to be on the open end of the bar people watching and drinking.

Now i really hope it works out for the new bar owners but its going to be hard to fill the place without any use internet marketing.

I've only seen the transformation on this forum and secrets forum and not all over social media...

agree. is large space for what is beer bar and low season coming.

was there sunday and was quiet alredy.

think will be like robin hood at avenue with less trafic

Just now, boydeste said:

It was mentioned else where that Leo was 95b. If that helps

Fair enough so obviously not following pricing of other outlets or is it. I've always had the 2 for 1 set up no idea what they are on their own elsewhere

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, we can only guess what was written in the contract, if there is one......

Why don't you call in and ask the guys from Scooters if you can have a look at their contract. Or maybe even Paul's copy which is sitting on a desk in the office. You might even walk out in the same condition if you ask politely.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1